Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

Sept 13th SoCal canyon cruise and photoshoot?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 02:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203 Kompressor 6spd SS, Audi B5 S4
I spy....

3 Petes
only 2 MJs. sorry.
3 Mikes
and 3 Mes

Old 09-14-2008, 04:08 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
i need my 32 back for this next time...

Last edited by FrankW; 09-14-2008 at 05:24 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by JonathanMax
I spy....

3 Petes
only 2 MJs. sorry.
3 Mikes
and 3 Mes

woah, that pic is awesome. how did you do it?
Old 09-14-2008, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by pshek
Darwin at SonicMS is making them for the 203. Cost between $199-399.
do you have a number or link/?
Old 09-14-2008, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I spy....

3 Petes
only 2 MJs. sorry.
3 Mikes
and 3 Mes

looks good..if i can only do this with girls..lol.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MJ50
nope
only recorded first 2 minutes since we left our last photoshoot spot!

NOOOO, it ends right before it starts to get good...

thanks for the pics mj.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
Awsome pictures! Nice locations and sick cars...looks like mucho fun. MJ, great photography.

Originally Posted by FrankW
LOL...I think he just bought one of the TEO's lip and wrapped it in CF and using that to make a new mold. total rip off IMO.
Frank, I completely respect you but I would find proof before you call BS. Al talked about the diffuser thing before the teo thing.

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
do you have a number or link/?
http://mymbonline.com/forum/viewtopi...503&highlight=

It's killed now because of Frank calling bs.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:46 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by Shake
Awsome pictures! Nice locations and sick cars...looks like mucho fun. MJ, great photography.

Frank, I completely respect you but I would find proof before you call BS. Al talked about the diffuser thing before the teo thing.

LOL...no need.

they've done it before taking other people's creation and claim their own (remember the M271 headers? Darwin ended up killing off the project as well). it's not hard to figure out that something that never existed now has two makers. completely BS.

Last edited by FrankW; 09-14-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Shake

well franks, frank and i'm me. I'll reserve judgement for the following reasons i stated on the other website.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Nice pics guys. Looks like a great drive…maybe next time.

I was watching USC > UCLA.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:57 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
well franks, frank and i'm me. I'll reserve judgement for the following reasons i stated on the other website.
honestly I could care less about if they make it or not since I don't even have the AMG kit anymore. However I do like to give credit where credit is due. This is not the first time carlab/sonicms has done something like this. If they did created the diffuser on their own not knowing there's already one exist then there's really no need to kill the project now is there? since they'll be making it there own style and fitment. creating a mold as they claim have already done so is not that cheap. no sane person would kill the project if they have already invested in it. I've worked on a replica lip for BMW M3, so I know the process and $$ it would take. If you are making CF products the last thing you want is to have two piece of CF cloth where you can only use one for strength reason. Because of it plus the look of the fins and diffuser being slightly fatter vs teo's lip led me to believe that they took one of teo's lip and CF overlaid it which also explains why they choose the V shape pattern and explains why they can make quick decision to stop the project.

also on the response from darwin is less than convincing because the C63 diffuser for the exhaust tip opening is much bigger than the C55's which you have to make the opening smaller to fit the 55. If they were developing it in-house someone would've know something before they even showed that picture of the finished product.

mike, don't forget the teo thread is already the second one where the original thread was dated back to June when he first joined mbworld and when people started inquiries about the diffuser.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

honestly I could care less about if they make it or not since I don't even have the AMG kit anymore. However I do like to give credit where credit is due. This is not the first time carlab/sonicms has done something like this. If they did created the diffuser on their own not knowing there's already one exist then there's really no need to kill the project now is there? since they'll be making it there own style and fitment. creating a mold as they claim have already done so is not that cheap. no sane person would kill the project if they have already invested in it. I've worked on a replica lip for BMW M3, so I know the process and $$ it would take. If you are making CF products the last thing you want is to have two piece of CF cloth where you can only use one for strength reason. Because of it plus the look of the fins and diffuser being slightly fatter vs teo's lip led me to believe that they took one of teo's lip and CF overlaid it which also explains why they choose the V shape pattern and explains why they can make quick decision to stop the project.

also on the response from darwin is less than convincing because the C63 diffuser for the exhaust tip opening is much bigger than the C55's which you have to make the opening smaller to fit the 55. If they were developing it in-house someone would've know something before they even showed that picture of the finished product.

mike, don't forget the teo thread is already the second one where the original thread was dated back to June when he first joined mbworld and when people started inquiries about the diffuser.
i dont disagree with you frank, but i just want a carbon fiber rear diffuser at a reasonable cost...

I guess i'll shelve the idea until it gets sorted out. After going to the dyno day and the canyon run, i think i need to upgrade my heat exchanger first.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:58 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
i dont disagree with you frank, but i just want a carbon fiber rear diffuser at a reasonable cost...

I guess i'll shelve the idea until it gets sorted out. After going to the dyno day and the canyon run, i think i need to upgrade my heat exchanger first.
waiting to see what teo offers for his CF version, but seems like he's been busy. keeping an eye out for my other friend actually. lol

do it. already got my funds ready in paypal to LET when I actually get my 32 back IF i'm confident that the electronic bugs are all solved this time. also you can get the C55 or Eibach springs to drop the front and reduce that dreaded understeer.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Talking

I spy....

3 Petes
only 2 MJs. sorry.
3 Mikes
and 3 Mes

where's Waldo ?
Old 09-15-2008, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Saprissa
where's Waldo ?
I should've added him in there to kill 2 minutes of your time. haha
Old 09-15-2008, 02:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Arrow Waldo

I should've added him in there to kill 2 minutes of your time. haha
i was looking for him in the bushes, or maybe popping his head out from behind the mountains in the background...

awesome pic though ! congrats
Old 09-15-2008, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

waiting to see what teo offers for his CF version, but seems like he's been busy. keeping an eye out for my other friend actually. lol

do it. already got my funds ready in paypal to LET when I actually get my 32 back IF i'm confident that the electronic bugs are all solved this time. also you can get the C55 or Eibach springs to drop the front and reduce that dreaded understeer.
lol, everyone's telling me to drop it. Only problem is that i can drop the front but i have no room to drop the rear. I think i would understeer more if i had stiff springs in the front and soft springs in the rear wouldn't i?

Man if i get the exchange, i gotta do the radiator and intercooler pump while i'm at it. Damn it, it just opens a whole new can of worms.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:09 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
lol, everyone's telling me to drop it. Only problem is that i can drop the front but i have no room to drop the rear. I think i would understeer more if i had stiff springs in the front and soft springs in the rear wouldn't i?

Man if i get the exchange, i gotta do the radiator and intercooler pump while i'm at it. Damn it, it just opens a whole new can of worms.
stock pads are #2 pads I believe. You can swap it to #4 pad which will offset the spring drop. take a look at splinter/john's car. the rear he used the #4 pads so ride height stayed similar to stock.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

stock pads are #2 pads I believe. You can swap it to #4 pad which will offset the spring drop. take a look at splinter/john's car. the rear he used the #4 pads so ride height stayed similar to stock.
1+

thanks frank.. i'll research it some more, but i'll probably do the cooling stuff first.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Saprissa
i was looking for him in the bushes, or maybe popping his head out from behind the mountains in the background...

awesome pic though ! congrats
thanks man. I should do one for each individual and their cars who comes out next time. unless of course its the November 15th SoCal meet, (hyping it up) then thats just too much photoshopping for me to do. =P
Old 09-15-2008, 03:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i'm still disappointed the video got cut off. Its 2mins of mj dusting me in his e55 and right when i start catching up to him in the corners it cuts out.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:53 AM

while the e55 was dusting you, you were dusting me . So don't feel too bad Mike
Old 09-15-2008, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
1+

thanks frank.. i'll research it some more, but i'll probably do the cooling stuff first.
Mike,

Dropping the ride height is personal preference only IMO. Only do it if you want to do it. I think your car looks alright in the front. Cooling upgrades would be worthwhile. LSD is also worthwhile. I have a new Johnson CM90 water pump if you're interested. Also got a new Quaife/C32 diff. Hint hint..... You could try just adding a small radiator to the front of the stock radiator instead of a LET HE. Other people have done it in SLK32, etc.

I'm happy with my LSD so far. No traction control/ESP and I didn't spin out Didn't feel the rear slip at all during the canyon drive, and I was trying to stay ahead of MJ's E55. Without the LSD, my car used to do single wheel donuts...very scary driving in the rain with no ESP.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:09 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by pshek
Mike,

Dropping the ride height is personal preference only IMO. Only do it if you want to do it. I think your car looks alright in the front. Cooling upgrades would be worthwhile. LSD is also worthwhile. I have a new Johnson CM90 water pump if you're interested. Also got a new Quaife/C32 diff. Hint hint..... You could try just adding a small radiator to the front of the stock radiator instead of a LET HE. Other people have done it in SLK32, etc.

I'm happy with my LSD so far. No traction control/ESP and I didn't spin out Didn't feel the rear slip at all during the canyon drive, and I was trying to stay ahead of MJ's E55. Without the LSD, my car used to do single wheel donuts...very scary driving in the rain with no ESP.
lowering the car it's not just about "LOOK" it's about correcting the heavy understeering setup in the stock C32 suspension. next time you can try my car out and then get into Mike's if he hasn't got the springs by then to see the difference.

although I wouldn't disagree with the addition of LSD can help the handling be more predictive, but seems like you're confusing the actual advantage of LSD with overall how the car doesn't spin out. LSD improves powering out of a corner because it doesn't allow only one wheel spinning like the open diff. the tighter the diff the more understeer you get, but you can also compensate by throwing the rear out and counter which the LSD makes it more controllable. a lot of drift cars have locking diffs because they can spin both rear at the same speed and make the better for them to control.

the canyon country unless you are drifting down the hill LSD doesn't shine as well as they are put on a high speed track. you didn't spin because your tire and your suspension was doing what they suppose to do.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
lowering the car it's not just about "LOOK" it's about correcting the heavy understeering setup in the stock C32 suspension. next time you can try my car out and then get into Mike's if he hasn't got the springs by then to see the difference.

although I wouldn't disagree with the addition of LSD can help the handling be more predictive, but seems like you're confusing the actual advantage of LSD with overall how the car doesn't spin out. LSD improves powering out of a corner because it doesn't allow only one wheel spinning like the open diff. the tighter the diff the more understeer you get, but you can also compensate by throwing the rear out and counter which the LSD makes it more controllable. a lot of drift cars have locking diffs because they can spin both rear at the same speed and make the better for them to control.

the canyon country unless you are drifting down the hill LSD doesn't shine as well as they are put on a high speed track. you didn't spin because your tire and your suspension was doing what they suppose to do.
Frank,

I don't really need to try your car out. Both Mike and I are aware of the benefits of lowering the car. We were talking about it on Saturday. Here's a test for you though....turn off ESP/BAS in your car and take GMR like you usually drive...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sept 13th SoCal canyon cruise and photoshoot?