Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

SoCal OCT tech day?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Originally Posted by Mu9enx
......needa see a pro solder!

Soldering is easy. Once you learn the ten rules of soldering, you'll be fine.

The Ten Rules of Soldering:

You must keep your work clean.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
yeah we probably can..i'm trying to work something out with pete and it depends on if i can get my hands on a LET heat exchanger.

Given what you said about the accdient...i think your going need more then a soldering iron..
I'll have a LET heat exchanger available once I swap it out with my new heat exchanger. New one fits better on my bumper, and I should be able to install the 2 fans I got. I just need a few bits and pieces for the install, fittings, relays, wire, etc.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:25 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
yeah we probably can..i'm trying to work something out with pete and it depends on if i can get my hands on a LET heat exchanger.

Given what you said about the accdient...i think your going need more then a soldering iron..
i was ready to order the heat exchanger this week and then LET postponed all shipping. and Code3 doesn't have theirs in stock for a long *** time.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by pshek
I'll have a LET heat exchanger available once I swap it out with my new heat exchanger. New one fits better on my bumper, and I should be able to install the 2 fans I got. I just need a few bits and pieces for the install, fittings, relays, wire, etc.
pete what brand are you using for the new heat exchanger?

is it a afco?

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/03cobraheat.htm
Old 10-05-2008, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by FrankW
i was ready to order the heat exchanger this week and then LET postponed all shipping. and Code3 doesn't have theirs in stock for a long *** time.
yeah i might just buy petes, or just use one of mustang heat exchangers. I've been looking at them online and they look exactly the same as the LET heat exchangers.

the code3 heat exchanger was just a rebadged spearco, but i've been having trouble finding another spearco.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:14 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
yeah i might just buy petes, or just use one of mustang heat exchangers. I've been looking at them online and they look exactly the same as the LET heat exchangers.

the code3 heat exchanger was just a rebadged spearco, but i've been having trouble finding another spearco.
let me know what you find mike. i'm interested in getting one asap that doesn't need to make a whole lot of changes.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
…I've been looking at them online and they look exactly the same as the LET heat exchangers...
They’re not the same piece of hardware.

AMG-Jerry’s initial heat exchanger configuration:

photo credit AMG-Jerry

Our original equipment setup:

LET’s first production heat exchanger during its installation:

there are two jackstands providing additional support, they're just not visible in my picture

Note that the AFCO’s Ford-specific heat exchanger outlets are directed differently, and are therefore not plug and play on ours. C3P’s Spearco-derived unit is constructed from stacked plates, as opposed to tube and fin. Both have proven to be effective. Unfortunately, neither is currently available. No worries, as their vastly superior heat dissipation characteristics are most beneficial (and advantageous) during the debilitating heat of summer.

You and Frank W will likely have to wait until production is back in full swing. I’ve heard from the LET/CP3 principals that they’ll once again be soon available. If you can score pshek’s, that’ll probably work too.

Regardless, when you’re ready, just let me know.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

good insights splinter. I'm just trying to think outside of the box. I would rather just buy the LET heat exchanger for the plug and play feature of it, but i think frank and I are just looking at other options since both the code3 and LET exchangers are going to be out for awhile.