Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

NOV 1st-2nd (So Cal)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by juicee63
Yeah bro FOR SURE!!!

Dam trust me, missing that kills me.

The ******* keptme @ work on Halloween for 22 hours
Well then, might as well get a new thread going for December.

And I meant my best pass was similar to your best on drag radials with the lightweight battery.

I have some work to do on my car to get it strip worthy by December, the DCT is not friendly at the strip.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:44 AM

SL55 AMG
Hey whats up guys. Had a great time yesterday at the track, although short lived, I think next time it will be a good idea if I'd take a helmet so i wont get kicked off after one run. I hope next time we can run under better conditions (80+ degrees weather). Also next time I can tell you I wont run on my heavy 20" wheels. (been looking for a set of 18's for the track).
Old 11-03-2008, 01:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 E55 AMG
I should be running next time too... my car should be prepped very well for it too.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Went back today. This time we had 2 E55s (BenzoBoi, Bluemonster) fully modded with chillers, drags and 181 pullies, a CLK63 BS (LZH),Renntech modded E63, a 2008 M3 and M5. I saw maybe 2 more AMGs but did not meet the drivers. What I learned is that it's just a waste of time going there without drag radials and stock sized wheels. I ran 12 times today and spun-out on every run. My 60ft times were averaging 2.3-2.4, while my 1/8 mile MPH was 92-93 and 1/4 mile MPH was 114-116. I was sliding all over the place. Should I have run in tiptronic mode or with ESP off?
I need drag radials, lighter, smaller wheels and 100 octane too. But I'll be back on Dec 6th. My vacuum leak, lean condition and 2 cylinders on the brink of blowing held up pretty well today considering I was the last 2 cars on the track today and had 4 consecutive hot runs.

Last edited by AMGSC; 11-03-2008 at 01:38 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AMGSC
Went back today. This time we had 2 E55s (BenzoBoi, Bluemonster) fully modded with chillers, drags and 181 pullies, a CLK63 BS (LZH),Renntech modded E63, a 2008 M3 and M5. I saw maybe 2 more AMGs but did not meet the drivers. What I learned is that it's just a waste of time going there without drag radials and stock sized wheels. I ran 12 times today and spun-out on every run. My 60ft times were averaging 2.3-2.4, while my 1/8 mile MPH was 92-93 and 1/4 mile MPH was 114-116. I was sliding all over the place. Should I have run in tiptronic mode or with ESP off?
I need drag radials, lighter, smaller wheels and 100 octane too. But I'll be back on Dec 6th. My vacuum leak, lean condition and 2 cylinders on the brink of blowing held up pretty well today considering I was the last 2 cars on the track today and had 4 consecutive hot runs.
Drag radials are a must, just make sure to get them hot! I had trouble with that all day, damned BMW electronic bull****.

It is a bummer all the times were slow, that track does not give times to brag about.

Lets get a group going for December, I'll be there again, better prepared.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Went to Fontana today for the first time today. (used to go the the *****ty LACR before it closed) It was the car's first time to the track after all the goodies. I was also running drag radials...

1st run EVER on new set up w/ about 150 miles on ecu....60ft - 1.9XX
12.1xx @ 116.XX ( Slighty wet from light rain )

2nd run...60ft - 1.7XX
12.003 @ 117.XX

The second run should have had an eleven second pass on paper. Unfortunately the car that Serge(we took turns driving the car) went up against ran again when he was banned for running too fast without a roll cage. Therefore the time was "stopped." I durno what that means but knowing that I ran a 12.1 with a 1.9XX 60 ft, I thought fer sure I'd be in the 11 second territory with a 1.7 60ft.

I durno what the conversion is for elevation...can one of you guys "convert" and enlighten me...

BUT

I guess I have a solid 11 second 55'er. I'm VERY happy with the results as it is the cars very first time down the 1/4 after all the mods AND I've only put around 150 miles on since...and it ran VERY well for the elevation IMHO...

I don't have the exact numbers with me because I gave the slips to Serge @ HYEVON Motors to look over them. I decided to tag along with him and his friends to see how the car ran. Both Serge and I (along with some other members that were there) were VERY interested in how the car would run.

There was a CLK BS and a black renntech E63( or so I heard he was...). I think the CLK BS belonged to LZH but don't quote me on it. Not sure who the "renntech" E63 belonged to. We told them to come and hang but they jus parked on their own doing their own stuff...

ANYWAYS it was good seeyin the usual faces and nice meetin new ones also...definitely great times and I look forward to going again and gettin 11's on paper!!!

HYEVON MOTORS FTMFW!~!

Last edited by BenzoBoi; 11-03-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Went to Fontana today for the first time today. (used to go the the *****ty LACR before it closed) It was the car's first time to the track after all the goodies. I was also running drag radials...

1st run EVER on new set up w/ about 150 miles on ecu....60ft - 1.9XX
12.1xx @ 116.XX ( Slighty wet from light rain )

2nd run...60ft - 1.7XX
12.003 @ 117.XX

The second run should have had an eleven second pass on paper. Unfortunately the car that Serge(we took turns driving the car) went up against ran again when he was banned for running too fast without a roll cage. Therefore the time was "stopped." I durno what that means but knowing that I ran a 12.1 with a 1.9XX 60 ft, I thought fer sure I'd be in the 11 second territory with a 1.7 60ft.

I durno what the conversion is for elevation...can one of you guys "convert" and enlighten me...

BUT

I guess I have a solid 11 second 55'er. I'm VERY happy with the results as it is the cars very first time down the 1/4 after all the mods AND I've only put around 150 miles on since...and it ran VERY well for the elevation IMHO...

I don't have the exact numbers with me because I gave the slips to Serge @ HYEVON Motors to look over them. I decided to tag along with him and his friends to see how the car ran. Both Serge and I (along with some other members that were there) were VERY interested in how the car would run.

There was a CLK BS and a black renntech E63( or so I heard he was...). I think the CLK BS belonged to LZH but don't quote me on it. Not sure who the "renntech" E63 belonged to. We told them to come and hang but they jus parked on their own doing their own stuff...

ANYWAYS it was good seeyin the usual faces and nice meetin new ones also...definitely great times and I look forward to going again and gettin 11's on paper!!!

HYEVON MOTORS FTMFW!~!
Very, very good times for Fontana.

At Famoso you would be in the 11's easy.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by sticky2
Very, very good times for Fontana.

At Famoso you would be in the 11's easy.
Thanks. I was actually lookin forward to meetin you and seeyin how yer car did...maybe next time!

I will definitely hit 11's the next time I'm at Fontana...

I didn't count the last 2 runs I had because even with drags, I was spinning the first quarter of the track....
Old 11-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Thanks. I was actually lookin forward to meetin you and seeyin how yer car did...maybe next time!

I will definitely hit 11's the next time I'm at Fontana...

I didn't count the last 2 runs I had because even with drags, I was spinning the first quarter of the track....
I would like to know the Fontana conversion factors as well. You are clearly a solid 11 second car.

Come out in December! I'll be there again, but I definitely won't be competition for you... yet
Old 11-03-2008, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
[QUOTE=BenzoBoi;3146763]There was a CLK BS and a black renntech E63( or so I heard he was...). I think the CLK BS belonged to LZH but don't quote me on it. Not sure who the "renntech" E63 belonged to. We told them to come and hang but they jus parked on their own doing their own stuff... QUOTE]

Yeah, that's LZH's BS (my friend told me).
Old 11-04-2008, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by sticky2
I would like to know the Fontana conversion factors as well. You are clearly a solid 11 second car.

Come out in December! I'll be there again, but I definitely won't be competition for you... yet
Oh? Depending on how my schedule werks out, I'll try to make another trek out. I want to have 11's on paper in fontana.

I'm going to source places where I can find some dry ice. Take it with me to the track and I'll stick that in the tank before I run along with my drags. Hopefully that'll get me cold enough to run into the 11's...

Or better yet, sometime in the future, I can run the dry ice/drag set up in Famosa...where everyone says is the best place(near socal) to run and aim for low 11's...that would be SICK!~!

Last edited by BenzoBoi; 11-04-2008 at 02:20 AM.