Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

Hello from Houston, TX!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLA45 AMG
Hello from Houston, TX!

Hello!
I'm new in the MBworld forum!
I have 2014 CLA 45 AMG

I'm creating an event on April 23rd.

It calls: The Battleships Texas State Historic Site

Below is the description:
Safety First! Please follow the facilities and road rules and be considered. So we can enjoy our Sunday Run - April 23rd.

Please consider this event as an Elegant Mercedes-Benz AMG Event. We will have a race event next time, so no race and burnouts, boys!.

What are we going to do with the Cruise and Lunch?

We will gather together at the Memorial Park Tennis Court. It's a free parking. Address: 1500 Memorial Loop, Houston, TX 77007.

We will leave the park at 9:00 AM. Please arrive at the park at least 30 minutes before 9:00 AM.

Destination #1: The Battleship of Texas State Historic Tour

Address please!
3523 Independence Pkwy, La Porte, TX 77571

What route are we going to use?
From the park, use I-10E/US-90E then take exit 768B go to I-45 South then exit 40B to go to I-610 East
At exit 30B, take ramp for TX-225, then take ramp right for TX-225 toward Underwood Rd/Independence Pkwy, then turn left onto Independence Pkwy.

What is it?
It is the last remaining battleship that participated in both World War I and World War II. Over her service life, the Navy repeatedly outfitted the ship with cutting edge technology. Fate spared Battleship Texas as she fought in two wars. Now, she is fighting for survival against age and rust.

How much does it cost?
I made a group tour reservation with the Texas State Historic. We need to have at least 12 people to be considered as a group. The entrance fee as a group is $6/person. Pretty good deal right! (CASH ONLY)

Regular price (12 - 64 years) is $12/person
Child 5-11 years old: $3/person
Child 4 years & Under: Free
Military (Active & Retired): Free

What else are we going to do over there?
Introduce yourself to others and pictures, pictures, pictures! We will have group pictures and car pictures.

Destination #2: Lunch at Monument Inn Restaurant (I've already made a reservation for us - 18 people for right now).

Give me the address, I'm hungry!
4406 Independence Pkwy, La Porte, TX 77571

What time?
at 12:00PM

What is it?
It's a seafood restaurant.

How much does it cost?
Depends on what you order. You can check their website at www.monumentinn.com

Optional Destination after lunch: The San Jacinto Museum of History

As of 04/17/17, we have 26 AMGs confirmed. If you are interested, let me know and if you are a member of AMG PL, please go to the AMG Experiences and then go to the togetherness section or search for The Battle of Texas State Historic Site and Lunch - Houston Cruise AMG.

We need you to say, you join this event so AMG PL will sponsor us with their goodies!

I will watch the weather. Hopefully, we will have a nice weather on that day. I will keep you inform.

If you have questions, ask away. Otherwise, see you on Sunday, April 23, 2017!

Andy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
thebattleshipcruise-042317.pdf (541.1 KB, 416 views)

Last edited by andydermawan; 04-17-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 716 Likes on 697 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to Events forum...