Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

Atlanta GTG - Friday 05/21/04 - 8pm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus GS 450h
KLEEMAN=drool. We have some single turbo 500hp+ Supras coming too. Here is our rollcall so far.

1. DasRollCallNazi - Supercharged IS300
2. 1SICKLEX - parking and riding with someone.
3. Markjohanson - IS300 or ES300
4. Bags - Turbo Maxima
5. Jaime - Supercharged GS400
6. slim - 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
7. RSTSpeed/Matt - "nothing-charged" SC300, lol
8. Tezza - IS300
9. Veritek-Turbocharged GS300
10. Howard-G35 coupe (Veritek's buddy)
11. Chappy '02 CLK55
12. Jeffro 01'S2000 N/A 2.0 Inline-4 V-tec baby!
13. Blitz - Supra Turbo T61
14. Mogallo (Mark) - N/A Supra
15. Bennie- riding with slim
16. PeterP... RX-8
17. BlessedWarlord & Girlfriend -- "So Fresh and So Clean" ES
18. huggi - slow IS
19. gavron1 Turbo IS300
20. WebGod - 01' S2000
Old 05-21-2004, 11:03 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Take some good pictures yall!
Old 05-21-2004, 04:01 PM

E350---2007
Originally posted by Chappy
Hope everything is okay.....see you at the next one.
Have to attend a graduation in Texas. Guys take lots of pix and post ASAP. I am off to the airport in 30mins.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:11 PM

I will take loads of pics. Might not post them until Monday, though.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:24 PM

SLK32
Have fun Guys! I got stuck at work late and am off to the Grape. I need something with more kick than coffee.

looking forward to the pictures
Old 05-22-2004, 06:04 PM

Lexus GS 450h
What a NIGHT!!! I had a blast as did everyone. 40 cars total. We met the AMG/Benz group as scheduled after a breathtaking run up 400N. THen we all hung out at Andrettis for awhile.

Here are some before pics
http://209.149.235.219/photosets/200...004/index.html

We have a lot more coming.

Steve, nice to finally meet you. Thanks for the Benz magazine, I sure did read it in bed last night.

We will probably set up a gallery at our site, www.seloc.net
Old 05-23-2004, 02:51 PM

2003 C32
Originally posted by Micah
I will take loads of pics. Might not post them until Monday, though.
Do I get some kind of royalty for you using my door sills as your avatar?

Old 05-23-2004, 07:46 PM

SLK32
Originally posted by Chappy
No. BOTH of us should be worried about catching 430 or Schiznick!
Behind in this thread. You guys might be able to keep up with me for now. I am still fighting to get the dealership to fix my shifting issue.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by AlpharettaC32
Do I get some kind of royalty for you using my door sills as your avatar?

Name your price!
Old 05-24-2004, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
1SICKLEX,

We realy enjoyed meeting the members of SELOC. I'll post some pics later....trying to get the work week off on the right foot!

Steve
Old 05-30-2004, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
I smell another GTG...

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=71249
Old 06-01-2004, 08:05 AM

1988 560SL (sold); 2001 E430 (sold); 2004 SL500; 2009 CL550
Actually Mr. 32 - if you go back and read the thread other people made the initial OTP comments, not me...I just made fun of your defense of the OTP life.

Also, I don't live in Midtown, I live in Morningside. I'm not the Great Midtown Defender - as I stated earlier in my other posts, I just get tired of people acting like Alpharetta is Mecca and anything intown is ****. For some of us, it's what we want so leave it alone. After all, it does seem to be good enough for the Governor of Georgia.

I didn't buy the SL for speed or racing. I bought it for everything that the C-class isn't... Some of us have grown up and don't need to drive boy-racers to compensate for other inequalities. I bought the SL because it's an amazing car -- it's my second SL. I only drive convertibles. So the C was never a consideration.

Finally, you may think you've been me....but I assure you, you haven't. This has become ridiculous and juvenile - along the lines of my car can beat your car (can you dad beat up my dad??). Best of luck in life. Enjoy the Wal-Mart.

Originally posted by AlpharettaC32
Oh please; the key factor is that you took a harmless comment and turned it into some tirade; then you got your panties all in a wad because somebody brought it back to you the same as you gave. I didn't say one thing negative to you until you jumped in and did the very same thing that you're being so sanctimonious about. Now I'm supposed to feel bad because I hurt your sensibilities? News flash, Gunther: I've been you and run that Midtown attitude game. It and a $3.50 will get you a mocha at Starbucks. If you're The Midtown Defender(tm), that's great; I'll remember that for later.

I couldn't give a damn what you think about a C versus an SL. I do KNOW one thing though: Anytime you want to race, I'm game. You can crawl back home and cry about how your precious coupe got smoked by a 4-door sedan.

Don't worry; you won't be the first.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:08 AM

1988 560SL (sold); 2001 E430 (sold); 2004 SL500; 2009 CL550
Re: I think all you guys....

Hey Allen -

My condolences. I went to law school in Macon - lived there for 2.5 years and commuted the last semester from Atlanta because I couldn't take the Macon world anymore. You are preaching to the choir! Made many runs to Atlanta just to be in a real city for a few hours....

Originally posted by allenjdmb
should hush up---I live in Macon, fer crying outloud..you think you got traffic troubles? Why don't you try fightin the traffic on 75 around South Metro just to try to GET to some culture, even if it is near the airport...or at the northside, or in the BMZ---hey, I gotta put 200 miles on my CLK cab just to get a good valet parking spot to show it off! Hush up now!(as we say way OTP)...
Wish I could make it Friday but don't think I can. To be at the location at the appointed time with a clean car, I'll need to leave now (Thursday, 12PM) ..hope someone schedules another GTG on a Sat or Sun...
Old 06-01-2004, 12:53 PM

SLK32
I have to say that I find this whole thread pretty amusing. I was the one that started to whole OTP thing in fun, just to tweak Chappy and the others that don't live in the whole Druid Hills, Morningside, Brookhaven (Chappy's second home ), Midtown, Buckhead area.

I think we need to set up a night at a local bar that has those huge sumo wrestling suits, get everyone liquired up and have an OPT vs. ITP grudge match. Looser's buy the next couple of rounds.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:27 PM

Originally posted by 430

I think we need to set up a night at a local bar that has those huge sumo wrestling suits, get everyone liquired up and have an OPT vs. ITP grudge match. Looser's buy the next couple of rounds.

That's a good idea. As long as the bar is OTP. :p
Old 06-03-2004, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Hey Gunther...

props to you. I can identify, because I commuted to night law school at John Marshall from Macon-- for three and a half years! You know how it is, you just gotta be road ready, and not think about it too much. These guys *****ing about being I or O TP cracks me up. They should try living down here 100 miles and 40 years from ATL....
Old 06-03-2004, 07:14 PM

E350---2007
Okay guys,,,,, Enough already.

I live in Duluth and used to work downtown until Tuesday. I love them both (outside or inside the perimeter) for different reasons.

I guess to each it's own.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:22 AM

2003 C32
Originally posted by Gunther
[B]Actually Mr. 32 - if you go back and read the thread other people made the initial OTP comments, not me...I just made fun of your defense of the OTP life.
I see that you're a lawyer; obviously you don't read and comprehend while not being paid for it.

Here's a brief synopsis:

One person asks about people willing to go OTP.
Chappy says the water OTP makes the coffee taste better.
I say everything is better OTP.
You come in with comments about minivans and traffic.

As I said previously, "you took a harmless comment and turned it into some tirade."

Also, I don't live in Midtown, I live in Morningside.
Semantics; The Morningside Defender(tm) then? Still rolls off the tongue!

I'm not the Great Midtown Defender - as I stated earlier in my other posts, I just get tired of people acting like Alpharetta is Mecca and anything intown is ****.
See, you've STILL got a chip on your shoulder about it! I've got friends who think Alpharetta is too far to come and visit..big deal. They don't have to live here.

The fact that it sticks in your craw so much is what makes it so entertaining: I ring the bell, you drool.

For some of us, it's what we want so leave it alone. After all, it does seem to be good enough for the Governor of Georgia.
Yes, because when the Mansion was built it was in the heart of the city and NOT a suburb. Also, when Georgia Tech was built it was there because of its great location and not because it was in the middle of nowhere.

Do not confuse correlation with causation.

Some of us have grown up and don't need to drive boy-racers to compensate for other inequalities.
No, apparently some of us have to get defensive about the neighborhood in which we live. That's certainly NOT a childhood activity either...no fights ever broke out in life because X lives on THIS street and Y lives on THAT street.

Best of luck in life. Enjoy the Wal-Mart.
I do; I'm a shareholder! How dare people want to save money! Why, it's un-uh-mur-uh-cun!

You're a snob, pure and simple. It's not so much that nothing is as good as what you have, but that everything is somehow below you. You're on a Mercedes-Benz board and belittling someone's purchase of another Mercedes-Benz. Maybe you thought that by coming here you were going to swill sherry and screw goats like some elitist group; that's not how it works.

I'm glad you weren't able to come to our meeting; we all had fun looking at different Mercedes (not to mention several amazing Lexii, Infiniti, etc) and not judging...well, except for how Chappy's CLK55 is a factory dud because it is slow. But, he's getting over that.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:24 AM

2003 C32
Re: Hey Gunther...

Originally posted by allenjdmb
props to you. I can identify, because I commuted to night law school at John Marshall from Macon-- for three and a half years! You know how it is, you just gotta be road ready, and not think about it too much. These guys *****ing about being I or O TP cracks me up. They should try living down here 100 miles and 40 years from ATL....
I had a girlfriend at Wesleyan when I was a freshman at Tech; I know the Atlanta to Macon haul very very well.

I'll NOT be giving the Forsyth city cops a target for revenue anytime again soon.