Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

SoCal. AMG Owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NA
Lightbulb SoCal. AMG Owners

Another thread relating to AMG owners only meet, and much discussion(s) I had with other fellow AMG owners even members on this forum that live in SoCal has been discussed to open up a thread on this subject.

Though we have already a meet planned for Oct. 23 and turn out seems to be a good number of folks... I am just placing this thread as a place holder for all to think about, maybe we should set up something on the calendar to have somewhat regular meets, good talk, share, listen to the knowledge of those experienced owners, (and information/knowledge is there!!!)...

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 10-27-2004, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
I'd like to go (even though I don't own an AMG), just because I'm an AMG enthusiast, and would like to learn more about AMG's.

Old 10-27-2004, 06:10 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are Kleemann owners invited to this event? :p So when and where's this meet Mario?
Old 10-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

W221
I'm down. Maybe do something like every 2 weeks that way people don't get burnt out by comin or going every week...just my 2 cents...
Old 10-30-2004, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA

Originally Posted by JamE55
Are Kleemann owners invited to this event? :p So when and where's this meet Mario?
Mr. JamE55!!:

Good to hear you are interested!.. of course Kleemans are welcomed... ideally, it will be something of the first Rosebowl meet we had back in May (2004)... we had way more AMGs that showed up than normal cars... there were representation from the BMW, Audi, Volvos (lol), and other brands as well (even Corvettes showed up)...

The moment AMG's appeared on other forums, then, you know, people just want to come and see...

For months other AMG members in this forum have talked to me about getting this thread out... many want to make sure other's will come so that we have a great time, check out the "toys"... you know the drill...haha... Ferraris, Massssssssssserattis...lol, etc, etc are, well, very well invited as well....

There is not a definite time set, with Thanksgiving in Nov, then the Christmas holiday right after that... chances are a lot of people are going to be out... BUT... right now is a good time to start a good check up... we are planning to get some of the "toy" brands out there to come and show up, you know Brabus, CEC, etc, etc... last meet we had RIGHT next to us the Toyota Corolla's doing their laps on the parking lot; as they had an event as well, they had cones and a little course set up... whelp???.. that is something that we would be planning for the AMG meet .

It would be nice to see right at the turn of the new year, to have a meet... we have to see how's everyone's schedules... and this time, I will "stop" by at your place, to make sure you don't get "lost" on your way to the meet!!.. how about that???...haha

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
I'm down. Maybe do something like every 2 weeks that way people don't get burnt out by comin or going every week...just my 2 cents...
Mr. BenzoBoi!!!:

I am still pending to get back in touch with you man!!!.. we have a lot to talk about... I agree with you... ultimately, it would be nice to build up enough enthusiasm on all the AMG owners we have in SoCal, so that there is an schedule set up so that is more like a common thing, rather than a once in a while type of event. There is a possibility that we may be able to get a MB dealership to sorta sponsor/offer some space, time, etc for this type of event.

Originally Posted by Saprissa
I'd like to go (even though I don't own an AMG), just because I'm an AMG enthusiast, and would like to learn more about AMG's.

Mr. Saprissa:

I am also pending to get in touch with you sir!!!.. I have not dropped the ball.. just have been catching up in the last past few days.

Absolutely you are welcome to come. Again, enthusiast are always welcome, specially those that can appreciate the toys... and can show what they've done to theirs...

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 10-30-2004, 03:47 PM
Almost a Member!

hey mario, id like to go as well. if thats cool. id chill by the side lines since i dont have an AMG, but definately love 'em. oh btwm this is CitronC230K_03. im having probblems with mbworld server and my passowrd. they are supposed to be working out the issue.
let me know!
Old 10-30-2004, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Lightbulb AMGs in SoCal

Originally Posted by 800/203/271
hey mario, id like to go as well. if thats cool. id chill by the side lines since i dont have an AMG, but definately love 'em. oh btwm this is CitronC230K_03. im having probblems with mbworld server and my passowrd. they are supposed to be working out the issue.
let me know!
Mr. 800/203/271:

Absolutely, enthusiasts are always welcome. As new developments happen, we will report back... planning and seeing what develops as far as presncense so its worth while for all attendees to get the best out of the meet is what we are looking for... toys, more toys!! we say...

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 10-30-2004, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Originally Posted by Wiedermann
Another thread relating to AMG owners only meet, and much discussion(s) I had with other fellow AMG owners even members on this forum that live in SoCal has been discussed to open up a thread on this subject.

Though we have already a meet planned for Oct. 23 and turn out seems to be a good number of folks... I am just placing this thread as a place holder for all to think about, maybe we should set up something on the calendar to have somewhat regular meets, good talk, share, listen to the knowledge of those experienced owners, (and information/knowledge is there!!!)...

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Is the Dark side of the empire :v invited? :p
Old 10-31-2004, 02:11 AM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by Wiedermann
Mr. JamE55!!:

Good to hear you are interested!.. of course Kleemans are welcomed... ideally, it will be something of the first Rosebowl meet we had back in May (2004)... we had way more AMGs that showed up than normal cars... there were representation from the BMW, Audi, Volvos (lol), and other brands as well (even Corvettes showed up)...
Hey Mario

Keep me posted buddy.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
I'm in.
Old 11-06-2004, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Lightbulb AMG owners in SoCal aka The Rebel alliance!

Originally Posted by SL BRABUS
Is the Dark side of the empire :v invited? :p
Mr. SL BRABUS:

Look at Mr. SL BRABUS back!!!... of course the dark (and heavy) side of the forged is invited!!!... there is that dude Mr Vader out there that is all talk on the web but never shows his face on the meets... ... then you will be the only representative of the heavy side of the Brabus...

Originally Posted by JamE55
Hey Mario

Keep me posted buddy.
Originally Posted by Fast55
I'm in.
Mr. JamE55:

Now that I am back from Sema and the rest of the crouds are also coming back, we have to coordinate with the rest of "AMG" owners out here to make it happen!!!... the meet we had back in May this year (2004) was a good turn out of AMGs, SLs, CLs, Es (210s, 211s), Cs (202, 203s) was really good... this time we have to make it happen...

Mr. Fast55:

Good to see you are joining the rebel alliance for the AMG meet!!!

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 11-07-2004, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
when is this gonna be?
Old 11-07-2004, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA

Originally Posted by SiLvaC32
when is this gonna be?
Mr Jerry:

We are working on the details now... we are shooting at the top of the new year at most... but we have to see and make sure that the date is something that most are comfortable with (and that is what we are working out . The more owners, the better!!!

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 11-08-2004, 01:57 AM

MB & BMW
Count me in!
Old 11-08-2004, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator

W221
And of course you can count me in...and please contact me later sometime so I too can help you organize and get the werd out on this meet...
Old 11-09-2004, 04:25 PM

2016 C300
AMG Meet

count me in
Old 11-10-2004, 12:20 AM

BMW '94 IP Race Car, '17 M3, Benz '67 250SE
I'd like to come check it out as long as it isn't too far from SD.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:33 AM
adx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wiedermann:

Count me in from Vegas. BTW, should consider an annual AMG meet in Vegas since we do have the Motor Speedway race track which people can do 1/4 runs.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:30 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
i'm in as always. just let me know the time and date.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

W221
I can smell it...this is gonna be great
Old 11-13-2004, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
How about NEW Years Day? at the Leno GTG/DRIVE in Malibu
The Drive is Well....Sweet!!
Old 11-15-2004, 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA

Is good to see that we are starting to get someAMG owners's be present in the forum!!!... by far, AMG is the cream of the top in MB and there are quitea few nicetoysfor ownersto show to others...

Lets see what other the group has to say about New Years eve Jay Leno event. I know there are members that will be out for the holidays... but majority here counts..

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 11-15-2004, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator

W221
How bout we make it 2 events? Cause if we made our lil AMG meet for the new year's drive and some of the people were out on holiday stuff I don't think it'll be fair. My 2 cents is that we should have a meet for the new year's drive and another early january as we planned so that we all could make it and no one is gettin left out because of holiday vacations and such...

just my 2 cents...
Old 11-15-2004, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
I'm up for a double if it happens. More the better.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
How bout we make it 2 events? Cause if we made our lil AMG meet for the new year's drive and some of the people were out on holiday stuff I don't think it'll be fair. My 2 cents is that we should have a meet for the new year's drive and another early january as we planned so that we all could make it and no one is gettin left out because of holiday vacations and such...

just my 2 cents...
Mr. BenzoBoi

Agreed!!

Lets see how many people can make it/sign on for the New Years eve/Jay Leno then, and lets also see what other tentative dates for the second meet!

Cheers!

Wiedermann

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SoCal. AMG Owners