Notices
Extended Warranty Discussions Discuss options and plans for extended warranty coverage.

MB Extended Warranty E-Class (W212)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 10:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 ML 550, CLK63 AMG, 2012 E350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by El Cid
I would imagine MB and other makes frequently revise these plans, just as they revise Roadside Assistance.
A CPO car and a new car come with MB backed warranties, so they are more confident in providing extended warranties on these vehicles. Also, CPO's supposedly have been throughly inspected and brought up to MB standards. That's probably why they do not cover others.
Also, I get a lot of offers for extended warranties which have MB written all over them, but they are not from MBUSA or MB at all.
THAT is likely also the case.
My MB sales mgr said that cars have to score 95 or better (whatever that means) to be sold as CPO...the rest go to auction. So these would be cars they know don't have existing problems, that they can sell at a premium with an extended warranty that has a better chance of going unused. makes sense.

Regardless, MB can identify cars under existing warranty that are getting regular maintenance and no warranty claims. Seems these would be good candidates for one final squeeze as their cars come off warranty.