Notices
Extended Warranty Discussions Discuss options and plans for extended warranty coverage.

Advice on Warranties/Plan M-Class (W166)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by dawizard
... Update - $156 for all 4 + taxes + some mysterious fee. Waiting to find out this mysterious 'fee'....
I've had multiple AMG's and Porsche's, so I'm accustomed to paying the Porsche and Mercedes tax on parts, but $156 for those things is the worst gouging I've ever heard about.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:21 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
2015, ML250 BlueTEC
Chrome door pins

Originally Posted by dawizard
I finally picked up the car yesterday and the dealer and service folks told me that the AMG pins won't sit flush in the 2014 ML350. The current ones are black in color. I decided not to get it installed (specially for $160) if it wasn't going to sit flush anyway
The ones that I bought fit flush. All you have to do is keep turning down to the level that you want. For more info see my previous post.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
Originally Posted by greasykid
The ones that I bought fit flush. All you have to do is keep turning down to the level that you want. For more info see my previous post.
Cool, will try to venture into that myself one of these days. No youtube videos around this for some reason just to get an idea what to expect when trying to unscrew the originals when using pliers. I am just paranoid about messing up my shiny new truck
Old 07-30-2014, 06:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fabbrisd1-

My dealer told me today that Prepaid Maintenance can only be bought up to the time before the 1st service and is not available to be bought (even with an upcharge) after the 1st service is done. This would be for a new 2015 ML350 4Matic gas.

This would seem contrary to the advice you gave earlier in this thread. Can you clarify? Many thanks for all your assistance.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
Originally Posted by sheepdog
fabbrisd1-

My dealer told me today that Prepaid Maintenance can only be bought up to the time before the 1st service and is not available to be bought (even with an upcharge) after the 1st service is done. This would be for a new 2015 ML350 4Matic gas.

This would seem contrary to the advice you gave earlier in this thread. Can you clarify? Many thanks for all your assistance.

If it helps, I just bought the EW and the PPM (20 days after buying the SUV). I bought a 3-pack for now and once the 3-pack is used, then you qualify to buy the next 3-pack.

You could either do 10k(self)-3-3 or do a (3-3) or do a (5) pack based on how you would prefer.

Also, if someone is looking for a good deal and tired of getting quoted MSRP, you should reach out to Jason (from MB Elmbrook WI). I worked with him and I would highly recommend him not just for a good deal but also great customer service.

<Disclaimer - I don't endorse for any reason other than having experienced excellent service>

Jason Mayes (jmayes@mbofelmbrook.com)

Mercedes-Benz of Elmbrook
2230 E. Moreland Blvd.
Waukesha, WI 53186
(w) 262.821.5000x338
(c) 608.697.6992