Notices
Extended Warranty Discussions Discuss options and plans for extended warranty coverage.

2015 SL550 Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 06:26 PM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
14 E63S Wagon, 16 GTS Edition1 (Sold), 17 SL450 designo edition
2015 SL550 Warranty

Looking at the above used vehicle with 21K miles and 10 months of the original MB factory warranty left.

Car is being sold CPO from my local MB dealer so it also comes with the one year CPO warranty.

I can purchase an additional two year CPO warranty from the dealer for $4,880.00 plus tax. Their finance person says the CPO warranty is non-exclusionary so covers basically the same as the original MB warranty.

They will drop the price of the car $3,000.00 to match my last offer price But they will not include the one year CPO if they do. That means all that would be left is the 10 month MB warranty.

I thought as long as the car still has 10 months of the original MB warranty left, I could still buy the extended MB warranty as I did for my E63 Wagon three years and 100K miles. Four years ago that was $2,800.00. Now the finance person says MB will not extend the warranty on used SL vehicles because of expensive repair claims. No other reason given but sounds a bit fishy to me.

So it looks like I either forget this car or explore the aftermarket warranty companies. I am leaning towards forgetting it. Big can of worms.

Any opinions?

Thanks

Last edited by Patric; 03-06-2018 at 06:33 PM.