Exterior Parts The archived forum for exterior parts for sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

JBSPEED

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 08:30 PM
SPONSOR

Received 50 Likes on 50 Posts
Lexus NX200T F-Sport AWD
shipping

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Actually I don't. My believe is that the buyer is expecting a product of certain value; the shipper is the only one knowing the true value. Therefore I believe that the shipper will be reimbursed the true value by the insurance and the buyer should be out nothing.
it always a long process to get the refund. it's just so complicated, especially with the USPS. they usually just ignore you.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK500
jsut to let every1 know, it seems like there was a misunderstanding. I didnt get anything for FREE, the item that didnt fit was an emblem not a spoiler, and i had to ship the product to one of JBSPEEDS customers, all in all i lost $1.85 for shippinmg the item lol. but he did refund me but i didnt keep anything.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:43 PM
SPONSOR

Lexus NX200T F-Sport AWD
shipping

Originally Posted by Hovo2324
jsut to let every1 know, it seems like there was a misunderstanding. I didnt get anything for FREE, the item that didnt fit was an emblem not a spoiler, and i had to ship the product to one of JBSPEEDS customers, all in all i lost $1.85 for shippinmg the item lol. but he did refund me but i didnt keep anything.
Give me your paypal and i'll pay the shipping. shouldn't have let you pay it anyway
Old 04-22-2009, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
What's up JB! I ordered two spoilers and they were great. Now I had a friend order two and they were both broke. But you are now shipping a third. Hopefully this one does not get broke. I have bought a total of 5 different products from JB, and for what it's worth, they have all worked out. I am waiting on the third spoiler so we will see. But JB has never left me hanging. Just PM with him and he is a very reasonable guy that will make good. He always has with me.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C320 (For Sale), 08 Audi TT
Seems like your product sure does get damaged quite often. Maybe look into using a different shipping service. I would if things sent out kept getting damaged or broken.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:07 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
It's typical for something fragile as lip spoilers, thin CF parts, and bodykits that is shipped overseas (or even just shipped cross country) to get damaged doesn't matter how well it is packaged IF the shipping company does not handle it with care. FedEx has a reputation for damaging stuff and they are also much harder in getting them to come through with the insurance pay out. UPS is much quicker in these type of situation, BUT they require you to leave the item in the package or put it back in the packaging so when their guy shows up to inspect it makes it easy for them. However if you don't chances are they don't come through as well.

These are all from personal experience and is pretty much facts if you have had a chance to dealt with them (FedEx, UPS) on daily basis. **** I even had my authentic Carlsson RS kit came with little cracks at the edges when Carlsson sent the part to Carlsson NA that was then in Florida and then to me in SoCal in their near perfect packaging.

in AZcamel's case, he should not have installed the lip if he wanted to make full claim with the seller. Once the lip is installed the seller has rights to deny claim or make partial refund depending on how their company policy works. i.e. you wouldn't return a pair of shoe after you have already worn them and found out there were scuff marks, but it wasn't manufacturer defect. Granted I think he should refund you about $100 which is the cost of fixing and repaint the lip. although $60 is also enough to fix just that side paint, clear, and color blends a little.

I'm sure in the other case they received refunds or parts exchange because they informed the seller right away without installing the parts they received.

Also, azcamel, don't be so quick on calling BS on JBSpeed's $200 shipping quote. They are about the avg cost of shipping something like the front lip from Taiwan to US since they have to billed as oversized package. The cost for CF parts are cheap if you are local in Taiwan. The cost of the rep front lip like yours (non CF) cost about the same as my Carlsson style CF trunk spoiler which I carried it back last year when I came back from Taiwan.

and lastly jk062602kj do please shut up when the situation is between the seller and the buyer that doesn't concern you. The cargo ship that carried hundreds of brand new BMWs including 1-series and M3s that went on it's side which destroyed and damaging almost all the cars OR the cargo ship that sanked with brand new Volvos... I'm sure it was BMW or Volvo's fault at not packaging them better, right?

Last edited by FrankW; 04-23-2009 at 04:18 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:59 AM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
10 GLK350/ 15 Accord/ 94 Supra Turbo
Frank,
I agree with what you have stated, i contacted th seller about the problem but gave up after a few email that seem to go nowhere. As I stated before in my post, i just moved on, i was not even going to say anything until someone asked me about the tranasction and wanted to know what came of it. After this thread and the response from JB, i felt alot was left out of the story so i chime in and told my side, if it is not true that JB has all the rights to say so. I did not ask for anything, i took this as a lesson learned and moved on. If JB wants to back up his fitment guarantee and the damage product then im all for it, i will post it here so everyone can see that he did the right thing but im not holding my breath for it. JB PM and i just responded, the ball is in his court, either way my story is told, im not bashing the guy or his business, just bringing the truth to light (IMO)

About the shipping, you probably know more then i do by the sound of your post, so im not going to aruge it since i dont know for sure. so if that is the case and he did pay that much then i stand corrected and am sorry for the comment.

The thing about JK, look from what i see he is looking out for a fellow MB fanatic, if this was not me in this situation i would want to know about it also so that i can avoid it or see the outcome. I feel that if others would look out for other member then there would be less incidents and we can focus more on the enjoyment of modding and cars instead.

Lastly frank, your sig. the one about eurotek and the lip. You went to bat for something you belived in, and i applaued you for that, and i feel that JK did the same thing. I read that whole tread and it seems to me you were looking about for the members of this forum, wanting to know the truth, i think other members want to know the truth also.

JK06260KJ,
Thanks for looking out, i appreciate it. I always try to do the right thing in my work so i know that it is sometime hard to take a stand against something. If more people just looked out for each other then this world would not be as messed up as it is.

Im all for moving on, people can take this for what it is and make their own decision.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:05 AM

nascar
Has anyone ordered JBSPEED's emblems and installed on a W211?

Does it fit in the indent?

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2009, 06:07 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by AzCamel
Frank,
I agree with what you have stated, i contacted th seller about the problem but gave up after a few email that seem to go nowhere. As I stated before in my post, i just moved on, i was not even going to say anything until someone asked me about the tranasction and wanted to know what came of it. After this thread and the response from JB, i felt alot was left out of the story so i chime in and told my side, if it is not true that JB has all the rights to say so. I did not ask for anything, i took this as a lesson learned and moved on. If JB wants to back up his fitment guarantee and the damage product then im all for it, i will post it here so everyone can see that he did the right thing but im not holding my breath for it. JB PM and i just responded, the ball is in his court, either way my story is told, im not bashing the guy or his business, just bringing the truth to light (IMO)

About the shipping, you probably know more then i do by the sound of your post, so im not going to aruge it since i dont know for sure. so if that is the case and he did pay that much then i stand corrected and am sorry for the comment.

The thing about JK, look from what i see he is looking out for a fellow MB fanatic, if this was not me in this situation i would want to know about it also so that i can avoid it or see the outcome. I feel that if others would look out for other member then there would be less incidents and we can focus more on the enjoyment of modding and cars instead.

Lastly frank, your sig. the one about eurotek and the lip. You went to bat for something you belived in, and i applaued you for that, and i feel that JK did the same thing. I read that whole tread and it seems to me you were looking about for the members of this forum, wanting to know the truth, i think other members want to know the truth also.

JK06260KJ,
Thanks for looking out, i appreciate it. I always try to do the right thing in my work so i know that it is sometime hard to take a stand against something. If more people just looked out for each other then this world would not be as messed up as it is.

Im all for moving on, people can take this for what it is and make their own decision.
all good.

looking out for another member is how this community grew, but calling out a sponsor when that sponsor didn't offend you or cheat you out of any service is pretty rude IMHO.

as for the whole ET debacle. if he didn't made the comments clearly personal I wouldn't have called him out.

Last edited by FrankW; 04-23-2009 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:28 AM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
10 GLK350/ 15 Accord/ 94 Supra Turbo
Well JB is taking care of things..so everything is good. Everyone should take this and form their own oppinion, many people have had great trasaction with JB and fewer like myself have had problems, but yes JB is talking to me to get things resolved.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ECBAOBAO
Has anyone ordered JBSPEED's emblems and installed on a W211?

Does it fit in the indent?

Thanks!
I have ordered two in the past year,,, they are metal, not cheap plastic like the ones on Ebay, and they fit great. As I stated above, he is a great guy with great parts for a great price. His only downfall is he has to rely on shipping companies that none of us have control of. But trust me, he takes care of any problems. I would not tell fellow forum members if I did not believe of mean that. He will fix any problems that happen along the way of the purchase.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by FrankW

and lastly jk062602kj do please shut up when the situation is between the seller and the buyer that doesn't concern you. The cargo ship that carried hundreds of brand new BMWs including 1-series and M3s that went on it's side which destroyed and damaging almost all the cars OR the cargo ship that sanked with brand new Volvos... I'm sure it was BMW or Volvo's fault at not packaging them better, right?

First of all Frank don't tell me to shut up. This isn't only between the seller and the buyer. This is between all of us. This is a community and we all have to watch over eachother. It was my words and comments that made JPSPEED reconsider what he did. I don't care of I am disliked by you or any member because I helped out a fellow member. When I ordered my spoiler it was wrapped in 5 layers of bubble wrap and there was not one scratch on it. It is the shippers fault. Also your comment about these cars that went on its side has nothing to do with this particular scenario. Go bubble wrap your wing 5 layers and put it in a box and throw it around see what happens. Also that is why they have stickers like "Fragile". I have shipped many items on ebay and have pachaged them well and not one has ever broken. 0-120 items have ever arrived damage.

The fact here is that a lot of damaged items have been replaced and not for AzCamel. Instead of telling me to "shut up" YOU as a "Out of control!!" member you should have helped out AzCamel not sit in the sideline.

Anyway, you guys can think what you want about me or this situation. The fact is today a customer was satisfied and this can be a lesson to other members or future members of what can happen.

I did call out the SPONSOR because it's business. You win some you loose some. He chose the business to ship items he knows what the outcome of it is. If I the customer order a product I deserve to get it all in once piece. Why should the customer go out of his way to go get it fixed?

In no other business would this happen if a pachage comes damamged then the seller will not refund it.

Anyway like I said I was looking out for a fellow member and I would have done so for other members.

Last edited by W203E35; 04-23-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:07 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by jk062602kj
First of all Frank don't tell me to shut up. This isn't only between the seller and the buyer. This is between all of us. This is a community and we all have to watch over eachother. It was my words and comments that made JPSPEED reconsider what he did. I don't care of I am disliked by you or any member because I helped out a fellow member. When I ordered my spoiler it was wrapped in 5 layers of bubble wrap and there was not one scratch on it. It is the shippers fault. Also your comment about these cars that went on its side has nothing to do with this particular scenario. Go bubble wrap your wing 5 layers and put it in a box and throw it around see what happens. Also that is why they have stickers like "Fragile". I have shipped many items on ebay and have pachaged them well and not one has ever broken. 0-120 items have ever arrived damage.

The fact here is that a lot of damaged items have been replaced and not for AzCamel. Instead of telling me to "shut up" YOU as a "Out of control!!" member you should have helped out AzCamel not sit in the sideline.

Anyway, you guys can think what you want about me or this situation. The fact is today a customer was satisfied and this can be a lesson to other members or future members of what can happen.

I did call out the SPONSOR because it's business. You win some you loose some. He chose the business to ship items he knows what the outcome of it is. If I the customer order a product I deserve to get it all in once piece. Why should the customer go out of his way to go get it fixed?

In no other business would this happen if a pachage comes damamged then the seller will not refund it.

Anyway like I said I was looking out for a fellow member and I would have done so for other members.
have you not read what I've posted in AzCamel's own thread 2-3 weeks ago? I've already told him he should check/claim with the seller and see if he can exchange it if they have the "avantgarde" carlsson lip OR get some refund for the cost of fixing the lip. Which that's the end of the story. AzCamel will deal with the seller himself if he wants to or decide not to. the choice is up to him, not you.

trust me, what you were babbling on in this thread has nothing to do with his decision to refund more to AzCamel until AzCamel himself came out and said although he wasn't satisfied, he decided not to pursuit any further action after refunded $60.

The cargo ship comments has everything to do with what you are trying to say = blaming the seller. Accidents do happen when products gets shipped overseas. could more padding on the car prevent the ship go over? no. If you want to make that argument at least look at other customer's comments first. emoving got two of his spoiler in perfect condition while two where damaged during shipping. how do you want to explain this? they were all packaged the same. did the seller not do a good job packaging the last two? I doubt it.

define your "i've shipped many items". have you ever shipped bumpers, trunk spoilers, front lip spoilers, carbon fiber trunks, carbon fiber hoods, etc? because I have. If you have actually being to FedEx and UPS distribution center you would know that putting "FRAGILE" on a box means nothing unless they are glasse/ceramic products.

The fact also is you do not know what the conversation between JBSpeed and AzCamel was. maybe they did not agree on how AzCamel should ship the damage product back for exchange or it's because AzCamel already installed it on his car.

no offense to you, but this should've been left between seller and buyer. unless you have also purchased from jbspeed before.

Last edited by FrankW; 04-23-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:27 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by emoving
I have ordered two in the past year,,, they are metal, not cheap plastic like the ones on Ebay, and they fit great. As I stated above, he is a great guy with great parts for a great price. His only downfall is he has to rely on shipping companies that none of us have control of. But trust me, he takes care of any problems. I would not tell fellow forum members if I did not believe of mean that. He will fix any problems that happen along the way of the purchase.
personal experience with the seller is always
Old 04-23-2009, 06:37 PM

clk55 2001
jb is a great seller. not every order is going to be perfect but what i under stand. he at least tries to take care of every one
Old 04-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
If you have actually being to FedEx and UPS distribution center you would know that putting "FRAGILE" on a box means nothing unless they are glasse/ceramic products.
And how would they know that it is one or the other. Its just as easy to forget to put the glass sticker on. I'm by your statement here.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
personal experience with the seller is always
Don't get me wrong bro, I'm not saying th guy is a horrible seller. Everyone on this forum including myself knows what great of a vendor JBSPEED is. I'm not saying he isn't but in this scenario he should have done what he did now long time ago. That is all I am saying.

I don;t want to get into a lot of detail we all see stuff differently. You saw JPSPEED was doing his job I saw AzCamel deserved more.

As long as AzCamel understand and appreciates my help I am satisfied.

Just remember this " If i buy an Item and I don't like it and retrun it (ship it back) if the Item arrives damamged it will my my fault"

Just remember that and you will see where I am comming from.

Anyway congrats for both parties that the problem has been solved.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:19 PM
SPONSOR

Lexus NX200T F-Sport AWD
People, I think this case should be ended now. Don't fight or talk bad thing to any member here for my own mistake. We all should be friends and friendly in this forum. I should have fixed this problem long time ago, so I apologize to everyone whoever got involved of this. I'm sure I will keep delivering great stuff with great service in the future, but if I make any mistake, please let me know. I will not run away or ignore any of the members here. I'll try to do my best. Thank you all.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:39 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
And how would they know that it is one or the other. Its just as easy to forget to put the glass sticker on. I'm by your statement here.
based on weight package etc. I've chatted with the UPS drivers bunch of time. if something's light and odd shaped chances are they aren't any thing made of glass/ceramic etc. like those plate boxes and glass boxes they're usually square etc and you could hear what's inside as well. They said they're so use to it it's easy for them to tell. things that they would just toss around are always light packages even if they're large packages in this case the front lip.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:46 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by jk062602kj
Don't get me wrong bro, I'm not saying th guy is a horrible seller. Everyone on this forum including myself knows what great of a vendor JBSPEED is. I'm not saying he isn't but in this scenario he should have done what he did now long time ago. That is all I am saying.

I don;t want to get into a lot of detail we all see stuff differently. You saw JPSPEED was doing his job I saw AzCamel deserved more.

As long as AzCamel understand and appreciates my help I am satisfied.

Just remember this " If i buy an Item and I don't like it and retrun it (ship it back) if the Item arrives damamged it will my my fault"

Just remember that and you will see where I am comming from.

Anyway congrats for both parties that the problem has been solved.
not saying anything other than it was between seller and buyer.

If I buy an item and it came damaged I wouldn't put it on my car before making the claim. I would've taken pictures of the product alone with the packaging and show it to the seller asking for exchange or refund. If I put the product on my car then I wouldn't ask for full refund because the damage is not too severe.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JBSPEED
People, I think this case should be ended now. Don't fight or talk bad thing to any member here for my own mistake. We all should be friends and friendly in this forum. I should have fixed this problem long time ago, so I apologize to everyone whoever got involved of this. I'm sure I will keep delivering great stuff with great service in the future, but if I make any mistake, please let me know. I will not run away or ignore any of the members here. I'll try to do my best. Thank you all.

ENOUGH SAID!!!!! THIS GUY TOOK CARE OF THE PROBLEM AS HE ALWAYS HAS! CLOSE THIS THREAD ALREADY!
Old 04-24-2009, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by emoving
ENOUGH SAID!!!!! THIS GUY TOOK CARE OF THE PROBLEM AS HE ALWAYS HAS! CLOSE THIS THREAD ALREADY!

And....just before we do....JBSPEED kept me up to date on order progress and tracking number, and today a well-wrapped, perfect condition, perfect paint match, perfect fit AMG spoiler arrived via USPS.

NOW, we're done!