G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

Navigation Collection question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 MB G500 & 2006 MB SL500 & 2008 MB 350 4matic - all BMWs are SOLD
Question Navigation Collection question

Is the $145 Navigation CD Collection includes all USA & Canada?
In my understanding it should include at least USA, but some how I just find out last Friday I have only one CD for New England. I just want to check with you guys before I call my dealer and scream…..
Thanks
Old 08-01-2003, 09:06 AM
Almost a Member!

G500, 300SE, SL560
The NavCD Collection...
  • Disc 1 - California & Nevada
  • Disc 2 - Northwest/southwest USA
  • Disc 3 - North Central USA
  • Disc 4 - South Central USA
  • Disc 5 - Midwest USA
  • Disc 6 Ohio Valley USA
  • Disc 7 - New England USA [which is the one you have]
  • Disc 8 - Mid Atlantic USA
  • Disc 9 - South East USA
  • Disc 10 - [there isn't one]
  • Disc 11 - Western Canada
  • Disc 12 - Eastern Canada

HTH and Happy Trails =]

Old 08-04-2004, 06:31 PM

This Navigation system really has me fuming!

Unless I am doing something wrong, it is almost useless except for local driving.

My wife drives a Cadillac Escalade that has a navigation system, but, uses a DVD instead of a CD Collection.

In her system, if I want to drive from St. Louis where I live to Seattle, I just program it, and go and follow the voice prompts.

If I try to program the same route into my navigation system, I get the message "A route to your destination cannot be determined". So, my PRIMARY reason for buying the navigation collection was to USE it to travel! My salesman told me that I would have to load all the CD's once, then, I would have to put in the CD that contained my final destination, input the details, city, state, street, etc, SAVE it, remove that CD, insert the CD that contains the maps for my current location, and then Choose Destination from Memory. He said the system would prompt me to change discs as we traveled to the end of the map area that was on the current CD.

I have found that this is not the case. It is my hope that Mercedes will be able to engineer some sort of upgrade to change this. It seems like it would not take much more than a firmware upgrade and maybe a trip to the dealer to re-program the system to load a new OS or something similar, but, I have a feeling that I can hope in one hand and .............................you know the rest.

If I am doing something wrong, someone PLEASE tell me how to make it work differently!

Glen

Last edited by glen4cindy; 08-04-2004 at 06:35 PM.