G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

Any real G55/G63 left in Los Angeles?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 03:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
Any real G55/G63 left in Los Angeles?

Just venting about a common theme here in LA. I see 2-3 G63's daily living here. They're done really nice with all the kits and the exhaust and what have you but when you roll up to them you can see by the brakes that they are in fact fake AMG's. You guys from out of state, you have I clue how bad it is. In fact, I can't even remember when I say a true authentic G AMG.

Why do so people do that? A regular G550 is a very respectable car, why badge it like it's something totally different and worse of all, a very small and exclusive owners circle? I mean, I get slapping an AMG badge to your E350 sport or whatever but this is like putting a turbo next to your Carrera badge right?
Old 04-08-2017, 01:36 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
g500
its called a "body kit". its to get the same feel as the real thing. people don't put g63 badges on g500s to try to fool other people, its simply a bodykit to mock the actual car or to get the same feeling as driving one, for their own pleasure. i don't get why people like you hate on it for some reason. just my opinion
Old 04-08-2017, 01:38 PM
Banned

g500
and if someone really wanted to, they will upgrade the brakes to authentic AMG brakes just to fool people like you. OR they can just install the AMG brakes to get better performance for their own pleasure swell.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:32 PM

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
Not true. It's not the "same feel" at all. Might be the same look. Certainly not the same feel.

I'm not "hating" on it either. But let's call a spade a spade.

Last edited by aerG500; 04-08-2017 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:08 PM

I've had a G500 and then a 55. Bought my 55 with 2300 miles on it and now have over 80k miles on it. Though I loved the 500 too, the 55 feels like a different beast. They are both formidable in their own way and there's zero reason to badge it as a 63 etc... in fact, one of the first things did years ago when I first got the 55 was to remove all the exterior badging.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:09 PM
Banned

g500
well obviously its not the "same feel", but its more of a look to the feel. i never said the car will drive just like a g63 if you put a g63 badge on it. its more of a showroom car type thing.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:13 PM
Banned

g500
you can completely upgrade your g55 to a g63 bodykit to give it more of a mean sporty look. the grill, bumper, brush guard, ext. it will also boost the value of the car.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:15 PM
Banned

g500
just go take a look at kobzarhomes. thats exactly what I'm talking about, good work on a g500
Old 04-08-2017, 09:23 PM

His is a ground up restoration/resto-mod with 100% factory MB parts. Very different than what Thevazha is speaking of. It's very different than the average Johnny-wannabe slapping a Taiwan or china made fake G63 body kit & exhaust tips to make their car look expensive. 110% different mentality.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 E63
Originally Posted by jdbenz500
well obviously its not the "same feel", but its more of a look to the feel. i never said the car will drive just like a g63 if you put a g63 badge on it. its more of a showroom car type thing.
Bro I sense a bit of butt hurt with your posts, like I offended you. First off, no one is fooling "me" with any bull**** kit, maybe you can fool your co workers with it but any enthusiast will yawn.

The body kits for the more aggressive look I understand. I had CLS 55 wheels on my E55 because they looked more aggressive. I had M157 wheels on my M156 because I thought they looked good. But, I NEVER badged a car something it wasn't.

Like I said, a G500/G550 is a super expensive and respectable car, why badge it a 63? I agree with you, the kit is ok, I mean, it looks amazing for sure. But if it's only about the looks, why add the fake badges?
Old 04-08-2017, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 E63
Originally Posted by jdbenz500
just go take a look at kobzarhomes. thats exactly what I'm talking about, good work on a g500
Also kobzar is not a poser. He is an enthusiast doing a project car. He's spent more money on his mods and his conversion than he could have bought a G AMG for. He knows that but doesn't care, he's having fun with a project. There's a big difference.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:26 AM

Jdbenz500, I too wanted a different look from stock, so I opted for the Lorinser front and rear bumpers to give it a bit more personalized look, HRE wheels and a full Brembo Big Brake Kit with giant 2 piece rotors all around (made a world of difference in stopping performance). I had all these changes when my G was nearly new. Over the years I've done a lot to it and when the G63 came out for instance, I swapped in G63 springs for better ride quality (plus new G550 shocks and custom polyurethane bushings throughout the chassis/suspension joints). These are just the tip of the iceberg.

Upgrading is good practice. Agreed. But when it's for reason, either for the passion of the build, or function <or both>... not just to pretend it's something different. Ultimately that's just my personal opinion. Cheers and hope you enjoy your G as much as I have over the years.

Last edited by aerG500; 04-09-2017 at 03:07 AM.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:55 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
W463 G500, W463 G55, W222 S550, F10 M5, RR VOGUE, R107 560SL, VANTAGE, F430, 911
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by TheVazha
Bro I sense a bit of butt hurt with your posts, like I offended you. First off, no one is fooling "me" with any bull**** kit, maybe you can fool your co workers with it but any enthusiast will yawn.

The body kits for the more aggressive look I understand. I had CLS 55 wheels on my E55 because they looked more aggressive. I had M157 wheels on my M156 because I thought they looked good. But, I NEVER badged a car something it wasn't.

Like I said, a G500/G550 is a super expensive and respectable car, why badge it a 63? I agree with you, the kit is ok, I mean, it looks amazing for sure. But if it's only about the looks, why add the fake badges?

You sense butt hurt? Didn't you start this thread by being butt hurt about all of the "posers". This thread is full of trash and is a waste of time. If you guys want to play Big Boy, call me when you have a 911, G500, G55, RR Vogue, S550, F10 M5, and a few more cars sitting in your garage.... Until then, go back to your W212 forums and complain about the kiddos that badge their E350s as E63. If you don't have a G, get out.

Who knows? Maybe you have a G63 now and you feel tough now. I'm only 30 and spent well over a million on cars - but I don't complain about the people flexing old Maseratis or fake AMG/M models.... I drive a G500 because it's great... It's one of a few that I drive when ever I feel like it. This month? I've been driving the Rover more than the G? You see what's going on?

In regards to the G55 vs G500. It is not at all a different beast. Depending on the year, we're talking different suspension and 25~ extra horsepower. That being said, if you feel like you need to tell all of the G500 drivers that the G55 is a "different beast" by all means do so, but we all know deep down inside you're telling a lie. They are very similar, I've driven both regularly between my own and my wifes.

FYI - I put a deposit on a brand new W212 E63 and decided to dump the car when it came in for the F10 M5.

FFYYIIx2. I'm putting a G63 kit on my G500 because it looks great and the G500 is so plain looking in comparison.

I GUESS I'M JUST A POSER WHO CAN'T AFFORD THE REAL THING THOUGH?:ni x::ni x:

In short, be respectful, stop complaining, or go back to the little kid forum, ok?
The following users liked this post:
RA050524 (04-09-2017)
Old 04-09-2017, 04:47 AM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
^^^ Since you some how thought to talk down to some people in here about what cars they have in there garage..Ill post up since I easily surpass your "requirements". I mean come on that list that you flaunted isn't that impressive to be putting people down..Just saying bud...Your sounding like your trying to throw you weight around..

I think the point was missed from what the OP was trying to get across. Badging your car as a significantly higher based vehicle is fronting or posing. You would only do that if you were purposely trying to make people think you could afford the higher model, when you literally cant. Which in no means is a bad think that someone cant get a 63/65 but stay in your lane and truly enjoy what you have earned...And we are talking about the "badging" not the body mods to make the rig look different.

Shows a lot about a person that is not content and proud of what he has earned, that he needs to pose as something he is not.....Makes life so less enjoyable..

I ran into someone at a 7-11 like this. He was driving a 16 S550 with all AMG badging and S63 badge..Well I was driving my 16 S63. I would of never said anything till he said he really liked his S63 as well to try and impress the cashier girl...There is no reason to front, the S550 is a really nice car as is..

Rant over...I really just wanted to address the above post...We aren't all little kids bud! Oh and a quick one, if you could legitimately afford the G63 you would of got it instead of a 500. Since you implied you could but didn't.

-Willis
Old 04-09-2017, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by will175
^^^ .And we are talking about the "badging" not the body mods to make the rig look different
Exactly. I'm all for any visual exterior, interior or mechanical upgrades. It's your own car, your own to do what ever you want with. Just the badging I was commenting on.

Cheers to all.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by gurukid

In regards to the G55 vs G500. It is not at all a different beast. Depending on the year, we're talking different suspension and 25~ extra horsepower. That being said, if you feel like you need to tell all of the G500 drivers that the G55 is a "different beast" by all means do so, but we all know deep down inside you're telling a lie.
Not true. Same year comparison...

2008 G500 has 296 horsepower
2008 G55 has 476 horsepower

You're welcome to research it yourself. 180hp difference IS a different feel.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:31 PM
Banned

g500
thats tru^

I'm thinking about selling my g500 and buy a g55
Old 04-09-2017, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 E63
You sense butt hurt? Didn't you start this thread by being butt hurt about all of the "posers". This thread is full of trash and is a waste of time. If you guys want to play Big Boy, call me when you have a 911, G500, G55, RR Vogue, S550, F10 M5, and a few more cars sitting in your garage.... Until then, go back to your W212 forums and complain about the kiddos that badge their E350s as E63. If you don't have a G, get out.

Who knows? Maybe you have a G63 now and you feel tough now. I'm only 30 and spent well over a million on cars - but I don't complain about the people flexing old Maseratis or fake AMG/M models.... I drive a G500 because it's great... It's one of a few that I drive when ever I feel like it. This month? I've been driving the Rover more than the G? You see what's going on?

In regards to the G55 vs G500. It is not at all a different beast. Depending on the year, we're talking different suspension and 25~ extra horsepower. That being said, if you feel like you need to tell all of the G500 drivers that the G55 is a "different beast" by all means do so, but we all know deep down inside you're telling a lie. They are very similar, I've driven both regularly between my own and my wifes.

FYI - I put a deposit on a brand new W212 E63 and decided to dump the car when it came in for the F10 M5.

FFYYIIx2. I'm putting a G63 kit on my G500 because it looks great and the G500 is so plain looking in comparison.

I GUESS I'M JUST A POSER WHO CAN'T AFFORD THE REAL THING THOUGH?:ni x::ni x:

In short, be respectful, stop complaining, or go back to the little kid forum, ok?
LOL.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:47 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
W463 G500, W463 G55, W222 S550, F10 M5, RR VOGUE, R107 560SL, VANTAGE, F430, 911
Originally Posted by will175
^^^ Since you some how thought to talk down to some people in here about what cars they have in there garage..Ill post up since I easily surpass your "requirements". I mean come on that list that you flaunted isn't that impressive to be putting people down..Just saying bud...Your sounding like your trying to throw you weight around..

I think the point was missed from what the OP was trying to get across. Badging your car as a significantly higher based vehicle is fronting or posing. You would only do that if you were purposely trying to make people think you could afford the higher model, when you literally cant. Which in no means is a bad think that someone cant get a 63/65 but stay in your lane and truly enjoy what you have earned...And we are talking about the "badging" not the body mods to make the rig look different.

Shows a lot about a person that is not content and proud of what he has earned, that he needs to pose as something he is not.....Makes life so less enjoyable..

I ran into someone at a 7-11 like this. He was driving a 16 S550 with all AMG badging and S63 badge..Well I was driving my 16 S63. I would of never said anything till he said he really liked his S63 as well to try and impress the cashier girl...There is no reason to front, the S550 is a really nice car as is..

Rant over...I really just wanted to address the above post...We aren't all little kids bud! Oh and a quick one, if you could legitimately afford the G63 you would of got it instead of a 500. Since you implied you could but didn't.

-Willis
My list isn't that impressive compared to my friends over at Fchat, but then again, I didn't share my whole list. Since we're all trying to SWELL UP about what we have, and we don't want to let those who have what they have enjoy as they want, I figured I'd just continue to bash people as was done before me, but flip the script.

Now, in regards to my unimpressive list, I didn't list my italians, there is no need, and honestly those ones aren't super impressive anyways. What I did post was that I was only 30, so if you want to compare where you were in your life compared to where I am currently, I'm fairly certain I have decades more than most of my Fchat, MB0 6Speed, RoverChat, etc forum peers to enjoy my rides.

And finally in regards to whether or not I could afford a G63 AMG, and since I actually can, why I didn't buy one? Kind of a good question for a relatively simple person I guess? I really hope I don't hurt your feelings, but everyday I have a nice selection of vehicles to choose from, including not one, but two G's. Why would I buy another or trade them in for a G63? So I could yell at kids for putting the AMG badges on their car because I paid so much more than they did? Oh, and depreciation... After you've spent as much as I've spent on vehicles, you start to realize that you shouldn't buy certain ones because they simply aren't worth it, unless you need to fill a certain void in your life or you need to feel like a big boy. I have two G's, I don't need to change to a new AMG model sir. Rather just add a stallion to the stable, you get it? I mean, my 6 car garage is being built next month, I gotta fill it with something, not all of the spots are reserved yet.... Be sure to check out the 6speed online garage section for updated Mr Curious Cat!

Let people put whatever they want on their cars, ok?

Again, you're being butt hurt by trying to explain that they shouldn't do something THEY WANT TO DO WITH THEIR OWN VEHICLE.

P.S. Here is the breakdown of models for you lesser knowing G-wagen "Enthusiasts"

G500
G55
G55K <- REMEMBER THAT ONE NEXT TIME YOU WANT TO BRAG thats the model you have ok!
G63
G65

There are also a ton of eurospec but I'll try not to make your head hurt.

So, is there a difference between the G500 AND G55? Again, HARDLY ANY. Youtube is your friend, there are countless of races on video between 500s and 55s ok. Same M113 with different shafts and an upgraded suspension.

Yikes, the butt hurt is real in here.

The thing I loved most about this section was it's been "Grown Men Only". You've all got a glimpse of what happens when a child comes in, let's get back on focusing on helping each other v.s. complaining about people we'll never even meet.
The following users liked this post:
NSX2AMG (05-31-2017)
Old 04-10-2017, 07:50 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 466 Likes on 349 Posts
My list isn't that impressive compared to my friends over at Fchat, but then again, I didn't share my whole list. Since we're all trying to SWELL UP about what we have, and we don't want to let those who have what they have enjoy as they want, I figured I'd just continue to bash people as was done before me, but flip the script.

Now, in regards to my unimpressive list, I didn't list my italians, there is no need, and honestly those ones aren't super impressive anyways. What I did post was that I was only 30, so if you want to compare where you were in your life compared to where I am currently, I'm fairly certain I have decades more than most of my Fchat, MB0 6Speed, RoverChat, etc forum peers to enjoy my rides.

And finally in regards to whether or not I could afford a G63 AMG, and since I actually can, why I didn't buy one? Kind of a good question for a relatively simple person I guess? I really hope I don't hurt your feelings, but everyday I have a nice selection of vehicles to choose from, including not one, but two G's. Why would I buy another or trade them in for a G63? So I could yell at kids for putting the AMG badges on their car because I paid so much more than they did? Oh, and depreciation... After you've spent as much as I've spent on vehicles, you start to realize that you shouldn't buy certain ones because they simply aren't worth it, unless you need to fill a certain void in your life or you need to feel like a big boy. I have two G's, I don't need to change to a new AMG model sir. Rather just add a stallion to the stable, you get it? I mean, my 6 car garage is being built next month, I gotta fill it with something, not all of the spots are reserved yet.... Be sure to check out the 6speed online garage section for updated Mr Curious Cat!

Let people put whatever they want on their cars, ok?

Again, you're being butt hurt by trying to explain that they shouldn't do something THEY WANT TO DO WITH THEIR OWN VEHICLE.

P.S. Here is the breakdown of models for you lesser knowing G-wagen "Enthusiasts"

G500
G55
G55K <- REMEMBER THAT ONE NEXT TIME YOU WANT TO BRAG thats the model you have ok!
G63
G65

There are also a ton of eurospec but I'll try not to make your head hurt.

So, is there a difference between the G500 AND G55? Again, HARDLY ANY. Youtube is your friend, there are countless of races on video between 500s and 55s ok. Same M113 with different shafts and an upgraded suspension.

Yikes, the butt hurt is real in here.

The thing I loved most about this section was it's been "Grown Men Only". You've all got a glimpse of what happens when a child comes in, let's get back on focusing on helping each other v.s. complaining about people we'll never even meet.
Hi,

I removed a couple posts after this one as they devolved into flaming and baiting.

Please knock your aggressive posts down a notch, MBWorld is NOT a chat room where anything goes. Keep you comments on topic and respectful, others will reply in kind. Thank you.

Bob
Old 04-12-2017, 01:27 AM

MB G 500
Originally Posted by speedlimit
Hi,

I removed a couple posts after this one as they devolved into flaming and baiting.

Please knock your aggressive posts down a notch, MBWorld is NOT a chat room where anything goes. Keep you comments on topic and respectful, others will reply in kind. Thank you.

Bob
Thanks Admin for doing that. In fact, this whole thread should be thrown to the dumpster. Sometimes people do not realize that they are getting Trolled. Just look at the responses as you can see by the very definition of the word, 'trolling', " to make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them."

I will just say this, if your in Los Angeles, and you are shocked that you found something 'fake', then maybe your the one who is from another state or country. Fake *****, fake lips, is the way of life in LA and now they added fake what?? Fake AMG brakes on a Gwagon! and your upset by it?? This is an Outrage!! lol, that just cracks me up!

I still believe and hope that one day, everyone will realize that we live in a country of Freedom, where everyone can do whatever the hell they want with their *****, lips and Gwagon emblems if they want to..