Notices
G-Class (W460, W461, W463) 1980-Present: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G 250, G 300, G 300 DT, G 320, G 500, G55 AMG

New Tires

Old 09-25-2018, 10:27 AM

Received 178 Likes on 141 Posts
G550, C300, E400 Cab 25 Ann, C230K
New Tires

After some research and feedback from forum members I had four tires replaced yesterday. Went with the Pirelli Scorpions, same as OE tires that came with the truck. Got about 25K miles out of the original set. They still had about 5K miles left but were getting noisy and lumpy. What a difference with the new ones. Smooth, quite and handles much better. Interestingly, I received the same price quote from my MB dealer as I had from one of the major on line retailers. Plus I had the use of a loaner plus the truck came back washed and vacuumed. Thought I would throw this out because I often read negative comments about dealer pricing and service. (no affiliation) I guess you have to find the right dealer.
The following 2 users liked this post by pdeacon:
Deutsch100 (09-25-2018), Holson (09-29-2018)
Old 09-25-2018, 12:12 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
6x6 | 4x4
Originally Posted by pdeacon View Post
Thought I would throw this out because I often read negative comments about dealer pricing and service. (no affiliation) I guess you have to find the right dealer.
It's all about the dealer (unfortunately). I recently moved to LA, and had to buy a car (not a Benz : | ), I as well used the dealer for service. Great experience, and had the use of a Loaner Car for over a week, which probably ended up saving a little bit of money in the end due to not having to rent a car.

The following users liked this post:
Deutsch100 (09-25-2018)