Notices
G-Class (W460, W461, W463) 1980-Present: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G 250, G 300, G 300 DT, G 320, G 500, G55 AMG

Designo Yacht Blue?

 
Old 02-09-2019, 03:12 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: NYC
Posts: 33
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
2019 G63 (on order), 2017 Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS, 2016 RR HSE TD6
Designo Yacht Blue interior?

Anyone have this interior color or perhaps youíve seen in person? Curious for any pictures of it in a g, but really wondering about the shade of blue...in some photos it appears very bright and in others it seems muted and closer to a navy. Dealer doesnít have anything in that color on the lot and all the pics online are from other Merc classes so looking for any input from this group. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Designo Yacht Blue?-f2aa499e-3da0-48d0-a543-bb82e3dc9f98.jpeg  

Last edited by Crfiv; 02-09-2019 at 04:27 PM.
Crfiv is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 07:07 PM
  #2  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 209
Liked 97 Times in 67 Posts
2018 G63 AMG x2, 2017 BMW M6
I'm sure it is just Deep ocean blue that they offered in the last G-Class. It is very nice, but a very discreet blue. Many times it almost looks black. It is nowhere near the shocking!!! bright blue in the 80s and 90s E-Classes (but man I love the tacky, bright blue).

Last edited by Deutsch100; 02-10-2019 at 12:22 PM.
Deutsch100 is offline  
The following users liked this post: Deutsch100
Crfiv (02-09-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 09:53 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Sarlox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 336
Liked 72 Times in 50 Posts
2014 ML63 2015 G550 2016 G550 & (2) 2019 G550s
Originally Posted by Crfiv View Post
Anyone have this interior color or perhaps youíve seen in person? Curious for any pictures of it in a g, but really wondering about the shade of blue...in some photos it appears very bright and in others it seems muted and closer to a navy. Dealer doesnít have anything in that color on the lot and all the pics online are from other Merc classes so looking for any input from this group. Thanks.
Is this a new color combo? I didn't see it on the BOD that I have (but maybe mine is not updated). Is this for both the G550 and the G63?
Sarlox is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 09:58 PM
  #4  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
BMW 5 series
Originally Posted by Crfiv View Post
Anyone have this interior color or perhaps youíve seen in person? Curious for any pictures of it in a g, but really wondering about the shade of blue...in some photos it appears very bright and in others it seems muted and closer to a navy. Dealer doesnít have anything in that color on the lot and all the pics online are from other Merc classes so looking for any input from this group. Thanks.
I ordered this on my 2019 g63. Haven't taken delivery yet but will hopefully be very soon (it's been at the port since November...I am on Canada). I will post pics once I receive it.

I took a gamble on it having never seen it but the pictures look good. you are right though in that the pictures vary greatly based on the lighting. For example the US and Canadian websites show it to look different between the two sites.
itzitzitz is offline  
The following users liked this post: itzitzitz
Crfiv (02-10-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 05:30 AM
  #5  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 602
Liked 159 Times in 124 Posts
G550, C300, E400 Cab 25 Ann, C230K
I've seen yacht blue on S Class coupes and cabs. In my opinion it is rich looking color with contrasting stitching. What exterior color are you combining it with and what is the offsetting interior color?
pdeacon is offline  
The following users liked this post: pdeacon
Crfiv (02-10-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 09:29 AM
  #6  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: NYC
Posts: 33
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
2019 G63 (on order), 2017 Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS, 2016 RR HSE TD6
Originally Posted by pdeacon View Post
I've seen yacht blue on S Class coupes and cabs. In my opinion it is rich looking color with contrasting stitching. What exterior color are you combining it with and what is the offsetting interior color?
Exterior will be Selenite gray with the night package. For the interior we are having a (heated) debate between the open pore walnut and open pore Ash...one sort of blends in, the other feels more bold see photos.
Attached Thumbnails Designo Yacht Blue?-09221371-9371-4ac2-8858-a0403a5fd603.jpeg   Designo Yacht Blue?-4307e8a5-6b3f-4a56-bfea-e02530f1d98d.jpeg   Designo Yacht Blue?-1dfc39a8-ad88-4ca8-ab3a-8de072467b00.jpeg  
Crfiv is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 09:32 AM
  #7  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: NYC
Posts: 33
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
2019 G63 (on order), 2017 Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS, 2016 RR HSE TD6
Originally Posted by itzitzitz View Post
I ordered this on my 2019 g63. Haven't taken delivery yet but will hopefully be very soon (it's been at the port since November...I am on Canada). I will post pics once I receive it.

I took a gamble on it having never seen it but the pictures look good. you are right though in that the pictures vary greatly based on the lighting. For example the US and Canadian websites show it to look different between the two sites.
Itís been frustrating that dealers donít have sample swatches of most of the materials. Hopefully soon. In the meantime this forum has been great about guiding and providing insight. Here are some photos I found of an actual build. These feel very royal blue and bright. Still like it just hard to tell what the reality will be.
Attached Thumbnails Designo Yacht Blue?-25bf1568-6a5e-4024-ac26-c845701e6750.jpeg   Designo Yacht Blue?-5a0af9b2-34e3-401b-b296-a6e800f5bfbd.jpeg   Designo Yacht Blue?-f0fb38f2-2120-4219-869f-b022fda3ca90.jpeg   Designo Yacht Blue?-ef5df4c8-833b-4083-bd08-85b39c3d4ef0.jpeg   Designo Yacht Blue?-4ab65fbd-37a3-4b79-974b-aeb92b2d4471.jpeg  

Crfiv is offline  
The following users liked this post: Crfiv
Deutsch100 (02-10-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 09:40 AM
  #8  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: NYC
Posts: 33
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
2019 G63 (on order), 2017 Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS, 2016 RR HSE TD6
Originally Posted by Sarlox View Post
Is this a new color combo? I didn't see it on the BOD that I have (but maybe mine is not updated). Is this for both the G550 and the G63?
I don’t think it’s new and it is available for both the 550 and 63. There is more black contrast on the 63 seats (left pic) which I really like.
Attached Thumbnails Designo Yacht Blue?-8a53d40a-2306-45f6-bf87-1cabd4c95eb6.jpeg   Designo Yacht Blue?-618258c3-1bcb-4336-9ff4-cd8b4ca62c12.jpeg  

Last edited by Crfiv; 02-10-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Crfiv is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 10:49 AM
  #9  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
BMW 5 series
Originally Posted by Crfiv View Post
Itís been frustrating that dealers donít have sample swatches of most of the materials. Hopefully soon. In the meantime this forum has been great about guiding and providing insight. Here are some photos I found of an actual build. These feel very royal blue and bright. Still like it just hard to tell what the reality will be.
Thanks for those. I had never seen them. My exterior is selenite grey as well. Went for the carbon fiber interior as a safe choice.
itzitzitz is offline  
The following users liked this post: itzitzitz
Crfiv (02-10-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 08:36 PM
  #10  
Member
 
Festertester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SF Cali Bay Area
Posts: 221
Liked 51 Times in 39 Posts
‘17 Range Rover ATB, ‘18 Ford Focus RS, '13 Porsche 911-4S, ‘19 G63 (on order)
Originally Posted by Crfiv View Post
Exterior will be Selenite gray with the night package. For the interior we are having a (heated) debate between the open pore walnut and open pore Ash...one sort of blends in, the other feels more bold see photos.
walnut is going to get old very quickly..actually it already kinda does but thatís just my opinion ...
Festertester is offline  
The following users liked this post: Festertester
Crfiv (02-10-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 09:31 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Sarlox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 336
Liked 72 Times in 50 Posts
2014 ML63 2015 G550 2016 G550 & (2) 2019 G550s
Go the open pore ash
Sarlox is offline  
The following users liked this post: Sarlox
Crfiv (02-10-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 09:49 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 415
Liked 58 Times in 44 Posts
Currently: 2016 GLE63 SUV, Before: 2013 G550 (w463), Range Rover Sport, 1984 CJ7
Originally Posted by Crfiv View Post
It’s been frustrating that dealers don’t have sample swatches of most of the materials. Hopefully soon. In the meantime this forum has been great about guiding and providing insight. Here are some photos I found of an actual build. These feel very royal blue and bright. Still like it just hard to tell what the reality will be.
Here's actual photos along with Black Open Pore Ash interior. Beautiful.


https://www.mbencino.com/inventory/2...yc7hj1kx302899

Last edited by johnnyderm; 02-11-2019 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Adding URL
johnnyderm is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 06:56 PM
  #13  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: NYC
Posts: 33
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
2019 G63 (on order), 2017 Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS, 2016 RR HSE TD6
Originally Posted by Sarlox View Post
Go the open pore ash
Battle over. Open pore ash ordered! Your pics helped make my case.
Crfiv is offline  
The following users liked this post: Crfiv
Sarlox (02-12-2019)
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: Designo Yacht Blue?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: