G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

2020 G63 build dates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2019 | 02:57 AM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by FHACC
Do any of you that have ordered a 2020 have an actual build date yet? I am being told Oct build, late 2019 delivery. Don't have an actual date yet. Not sure when the 2020 go on the line.

Thanks
I ordered mine in March. Promised late Dec Changed color in Sept Received wk of 11-20. Very lucky and thrilled with G63
The following users liked this post:
EJKaufman (12-10-2019)
Old 12-09-2019 | 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'25 EQG deposit, '23 MC20 Cielo, '20 Fat Boy
Originally Posted by Wassaby
A PO means there is a build date attached to it.
Do all allocations have a anticipated build date? I am getting ready to order and have at least 2 dealers but I want to make sure I give my deposit to the dealer that is going to actually get me one (aka real order).
Old 12-10-2019 | 09:11 PM

Gl 63
I’m totally new to this forum and frankly have no idea if I’m even posting this correctly!! It’s my first attempt so I’m sure you’ll all be patient!
Anyway, I ordered my G63 In September from my “guy” whose I got my last MB from (GL 63). When I contact him, he claims that he has no new news, which is totally reasonable (and I’ve only contacted twice since the order so as not to be a nightmare customer, but after reading some of these messages, I feel like I should possibly have SOME SORT of idea for production time?). Anyway, I’m patient, my GL is just fine (God, that sounds obnoxious!), but I just want something, and some time frame to look forward to! Even if the margin for error is 3 months!! Something??? Please?! I’m in Vegas. Wondering if anyone has any kind of hint or clue as to how this market is and what a reasonable wait time is?
If it’s 24 months.... geez... that’s disappointing!!! But I’m willing to be patient- as long as I have SOME semblance of a time frame!!! Any ideas?
Old 12-10-2019 | 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'25 EQG deposit, '23 MC20 Cielo, '20 Fat Boy
Originally Posted by Alimiller2
I’m totally new to this forum and frankly have no idea if I’m even posting this correctly!! It’s my first attempt so I’m sure you’ll all be patient!
Anyway, I ordered my G63 In September from my “guy” whose I got my last MB from (GL 63). When I contact him, he claims that he has no new news, which is totally reasonable (and I’ve only contacted twice since the order so as not to be a nightmare customer, but after reading some of these messages, I feel like I should possibly have SOME SORT of idea for production time?). Anyway, I’m patient, my GL is just fine (God, that sounds obnoxious!), but I just want something, and some time frame to look forward to! Even if the margin for error is 3 months!! Something??? Please?! I’m in Vegas. Wondering if anyone has any kind of hint or clue as to how this market is and what a reasonable wait time is?
If it’s 24 months.... geez... that’s disappointing!!! But I’m willing to be patient- as long as I have SOME semblance of a time frame!!! Any ideas?
Is it for a 2020? 2021? Did you get a Purchase Order (PO) #? What did they tell you when you "ordered" it? They did not give you any idea of a build date?
Old 12-12-2019 | 12:55 AM

2009 C63
I too came from a 2015 AMG GL63. Man are u in for a change. The Gl is cushy roomy and powerful Great in long trips Tows great Tons of room for pets cargo ect. I loved mine and enjoyed driving it However the G63 is a whole new level of cool. The G63 is loud powerful nimble and just plain cool to the max The old platform was a little rough for 400 mile hunting/fishing trips but they have fixed it big time. Maybe the most radical and successful upgrade of any vehicle platforms in modern automotive history. I have owned most of the badass MB offerings but this may he he most fun of any if them. Sounds to me like " your guy" may be yanking your chain I fid not expietence any shady activities during my process My purchase from MB South Charlotte NC rated a perfect 10 across the board. Dude your spending 160-180k. If I had concerns I sure as heck would be asking questions. There is all kinds of shady stuff going on with these insanely popular vehicles. The manner in which customers are treated in the purchase of these vehicles is the true measure of what kind of business ethics your chosen dealership is practicing. If u get screwed on a G wagon purchase its a deal breaker in my book
Old 12-12-2019 | 06:29 AM

G63
Mine is built, waiting for a boat