G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

Lifting your G63 guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2023, 08:27 AM

Received 58 Likes on 32 Posts
Multiple
Sharing my G wagon lift / wheel / tire specs here for reference.

2013 G63
1.5" JWO spacer lift in front
2" JWO spring lift in rear (wanted rear to be stiffer for towing and to correct the backwards rake that most G's seem to have which I hated)
Fox shocks
1.5" wheel spacers from JWO
275x65x20 tires (33")
Silly AMG side pipes cut off at the muffler
Jack @JACWAGN did all my suspension work and he's the man to put together exactly what you want based on your preferences.

Including the height gained from the upsized tires, I believe I am at around 2.5-3" total lift. Have not needed to do anything additional such as caster correction, end links, control arms etc. Zero rubbing even with some decent trail flexing. I have ORC t-case skid plate but have not scraped it on anything yet.

Very happy with the ride quality and ground clearance so far. And it tows better too.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 08-27-2023 at 08:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Texas E63 (08-27-2023)
Old 05-01-2024, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 g63
Vibration on lifted g63

I have a 2018 g63 I put a 4-inch lift with jack wagon springs and all other components from euro wise including radius arms and their dual Carden drive shaft. I put the lift on 2 months ago originally with the factory drive shaft the vibration was unbearable. They told me that I will need the dual Carden drive shaft, so I purchased it. once installed the vibration is now only limited to 25-45 miles per hour. I need some help I have been going back and forth with jack and Euro wise and jack has been as helpful as he can. From all my reading the issue is a pinion angle but that goes with the caster so if I adjust the pinion then I will have a caster problem. I was wondering anyone with a 4-inch lift if i could get some measurements of how high your vehicle sits and from where you measure. I am trying to figure out if maybe the springs are too big and I need to lower the vehicle. I am just frustrated at this time as I have spent over 10k into this and have not been able to drive the vehicle. suggestions on how to narrow down where the vibration if coming from or if i am on the rite path would be helpful.
Old 05-01-2024, 04:14 PM

Multiple
Originally Posted by Socal63
I have a 2018 g63 I put a 4-inch lift with jack wagon springs and all other components from euro wise including radius arms and their dual Carden drive shaft. I put the lift on 2 months ago originally with the factory drive shaft the vibration was unbearable. They told me that I will need the dual Carden drive shaft, so I purchased it. once installed the vibration is now only limited to 25-45 miles per hour. I need some help I have been going back and forth with jack and Euro wise and jack has been as helpful as he can. From all my reading the issue is a pinion angle but that goes with the caster so if I adjust the pinion then I will have a caster problem. I was wondering anyone with a 4-inch lift if i could get some measurements of how high your vehicle sits and from where you measure. I am trying to figure out if maybe the springs are too big and I need to lower the vehicle. I am just frustrated at this time as I have spent over 10k into this and have not been able to drive the vehicle. suggestions on how to narrow down where the vibration if coming from or if i am on the rite path would be helpful.
I am sorry to hear, I can see how this can be frustrating for a project to never end. The G is indeed an expensive vehicle to lift and do it right.

The only person I know with a 4" lift is @Texas E63 though his truck is the G55 platform, it should be similar. He is a regular, so I am sure he will respond soon.
Socal63 (05-01-2024)
Old 05-01-2024, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 273 Likes on 197 Posts
Built 2008 G55 & one big 80 Series LandCruiser !
Hey SoCal - shooting you a PM ..... I've got a few lingering things I'm hoping to resolve along theses same lines.... Agreed - the 4" isn't for the faint of heart......

Erich
Old 05-02-2024, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 g63
email is Brent@trechomes.com any help and suggestions would be helpful
Old 05-02-2024, 02:00 PM

Multiple
email is Brent@trechomes.com any help and suggestions would be helpful
Did you already install caster correction bushings? Even with my 2" lift, my caster was almost zero (stock is 3 degrees), so I imagine with 4" lift, caster reduction is even worse.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 05-02-2024 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-02-2024, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I just read thru this and forgot to note for my 63 the optimal offest for the Forgestars was 20x10.5 Et 25 (305 tire width)..... I'm running 18x9 et0 on the 55 ( 325 or 315 tires width)
Old 05-03-2024, 08:06 AM

Received 223 Likes on 157 Posts
G63, G65
If you have adjusted your caster to the minimum safe/tolerable amount, and you have a double cardan driveshaft, but still have driveline vibration then the only real option is to either lower the truck some, or figure out a way to lower/clock the transfer case. I've never looked too closely to see if it is even possible to lower/clock the transfer case, but beware that can sometimes create other unintended consequences (vibrations).

When I was messing around with a bunch of the pre-'19 G's I found the max lift without driveline vibration to be closer to 80mm. I would stack ARB springs with either 20mm or 30mm spring spacers. Sometimes the 30mm was too much and created a little vibration, so I would go back to 20mm. The amount of spring spacer needed was usually dependent on the weight of the truck (ie, more gear, or G63 vs. G65). Also, some trucks/springs sat just a tad different even across the same model (ie, G63 to G63). Either of those set ups should allow for most 35" tire setups unless you have a really aggressive (negative) offset wheel.

Edit: I hopped on Eurowise's site since it had been a few years since I was on there. Looks like they offer up to a 6.5" lift. Honestly, I can't see how they don't end up with a ton of driveline vibration even with their double cardan shaft, but since they offer it I assume they have made it work. I assume you have called them to talk about it? Did they have any suggestions? I've done a half dozen lifts on pre-'19 Gs, but I'm sure they have done a ton more and might have more information to help you out.

Last edited by The Butcher; 05-03-2024 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-03-2024, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The Butcher does awesome builds - but agree that the safe play is 50mm of lift..... that said, I'm pushing on...

Mike at Eurowise is very responsive and his team does solid work - and so far has resolved most of my issues. I suspect my middle DS (original at 120k)is part of my current minor vibration challenge so we'll be replacing that when they do the front DS retro -fit with new adapters, and 20mm spring spacers to fit the new 37x13.5's next week...

E

The Butcher (05-03-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 10:20 AM

Received 223 Likes on 157 Posts
G63, G65
Originally Posted by Texas E63
The Butcher does awesome builds - but agree that the safe play is 50mm of lift..... that said, I'm pushing on...

Mike at Eurowise is very responsive and his team does solid work - and so far has resolved most of my issues. I suspect my middle DS (original at 120k)is part of my current minor vibration challenge so we'll be replacing that when they do the front DS retro -fit with new adapters, and 20mm spring spacers to fit the new 37x13.5's next week...

E
Oh Geez... You're gonna have to post some pics of it with 37s!!!! Hopefully they can get your vibration issue figured out.

It's been a good while since I looked under a pre-'19. Is it a divorced t-case? You mentioned middle DS, so I assume it is.