G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

Satellite radio disappeared from Comand G550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2019 | 04:37 PM
WCG

2013 G550
Satellite radio disappeared from Comand G550

Hi All,

Am hoping for some help here. I have a 2013 G550 - love the truck and decided to install aftermarket CarPlay. I went with the unit from Joyeauto and very happy with it so far. The installation was pretty easy and works as described. The only issue is that I lost SAT radio on my Comand menu. I've tried everything I can think of - voice activate, disconnect the battery, etc. Everything else works fine in Comand. I've read other threads where there was reference made to setting up the AUX mode in the Engineering Menu and that possibly affecting the satellite radio function. At this point I'm probably going to cancel my Sirius subscription anyway because iHeart radio's music stations blow away Sirius but I'd like to make one last attempt to rectify the situation without going to the dealer... Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 10-27-2019 | 09:59 PM
WCG

2013 G550
Resolved

Well it looks like I'm going to close out my own post. I did some more research and found the SDARS (satellite module) under the drivers seat. I checked the fiber optics to see if the cable was working properly - it was. Then I guessed that it must have been something in the Engineering Mode when I activated the AUX mode to allow the CarPlay to work. Sure enough, after fishing around in the Engineering Mode menus, I found that the SDARS was not installed. I went back through the menus and found the switch to "install" the SDARS (satellite radio). Low and behold, SAT radio is back on the regular Comand menu and works perfectly. There was another posting somewhere that mentioned the AUX mode could affect the SDARS when turning on AUX - it sure seems that was the culprit.