G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

G63 ordered! couple color questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63s
G63 ordered! couple color questions

Hi All,

Like many of you I am one of those car nuts who needs to mix things up. I have several cars and was speaking to a buddy of mine a couple weeks back and he enlightened me as to how good the new G63 really is. I have a very good relationship with the GM of a very large MB dealership. He has agreed to grant me an allocation and see what he could do if one comes available if the person who ordered one decides not to pick it up. This will not be a daily driver, I have several cars I rotate through depending on the time of year, mostly sports cars but I do have a Urus, a Raptor and a Wrangler as far as "trucks" go. I would likely keep the G for 3-4 years but who knows. It will likely get driven no more than 8,000 miles per year likely much less.

My question on the G is really around color, I am a black car person, with the G63 there are so many options for Black. I had a CLS in Obsidian years ago, it was nice, Black is awesome but next to impossible to keep perfect for very long. I have owned one matte painted car but only for a brief time. The Magno is the way I am leaning but has anyone any experience with Platinum Black Metallic? The Platinum Magno has my attention too, thoughts?

On the inside I am leaning g towards one of the reds likely with the diamond patterns but I am on the fence about which one. Also the platinum white/black might be a good choice.

thoughts?
Old 06-22-2020, 09:07 AM

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
G
Originally Posted by Dr.Golf
Hi All,

Like many of you I am one of those car nuts who needs to mix things up. I have several cars and was speaking to a buddy of mine a couple weeks back and he enlightened me as to how good the new G63 really is. I have a very good relationship with the GM of a very large MB dealership. He has agreed to grant me an allocation and see what he could do if one comes available if the person who ordered one decides not to pick it up. This will not be a daily driver, I have several cars I rotate through depending on the time of year, mostly sports cars but I do have a Urus, a Raptor and a Wrangler as far as "trucks" go. I would likely keep the G for 3-4 years but who knows. It will likely get driven no more than 8,000 miles per year likely much less.

My question on the G is really around color, I am a black car person, with the G63 there are so many options for Black. I had a CLS in Obsidian years ago, it was nice, Black is awesome but next to impossible to keep perfect for very long. I have owned one matte painted car but only for a brief time. The Magno is the way I am leaning but has anyone any experience with Platinum Black Metallic? The Platinum Magno has my attention too, thoughts?

On the inside I am leaning g towards one of the reds likely with the diamond patterns but I am on the fence about which one. Also the platinum white/black might be a good choice.

thoughts?
i have a 20’ G63 coming any day now in Magno Black. Very excited for it. The color being one reason! I got black interior but wanted the red but it was to late to change. I saw the white/black interior and it’s amazing as well. Can’t go wrong with blk on blk/white/red! Magno paint really suits the G. Makes it that much more cooler. Since your not driving it a ton either, less to worry about. Obsidian black is the only other black I would get. I need a switch from metallic black. Magno can stay cleaner too if treated properly!
Old 06-22-2020, 10:52 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2020 G63
Originally Posted by Dr.Golf
Hi All,

thoughts?
The are too many black G500/G63 out there, especially the Magno Black, just too many. For that reason, even I love the color, I didn't order the black. Platinum Magno is a great color,
Old 06-22-2020, 10:58 AM

G
I can agree there is a TON of black G's out there. I like these Magno colors as well. Try "Sintered Bronze Magno", "Dark Olive Green Magno", "Monza Grey Magno". All amazing colors. I opted for Platinum Magno at first but found it to be to light. A littler darker version would be Sintered Bronze. Take a look at those 3 as they are gorgeous and very unique! Albeit a little more $ but well worth it.
Old 06-22-2020, 11:01 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2020 G63
Originally Posted by NikBenz1
I can agree there is a TON of black G's out there. I like these Magno colors as well. Try "Sintered Bronze Magno", "Dark Olive Green Magno", "Monza Grey Magno". All amazing colors. I opted for Platinum Magno at first but found it to be to light. A littler darker version would be Sintered Bronze. Take a look at those 3 as they are gorgeous and very unique! Albeit a little more $ but well worth it.
Couldn't agree more. I actually ordered Sintered Bronze Magno, amazing color
Old 06-22-2020, 12:16 PM

G
Originally Posted by DD0220
Couldn't agree more. I actually ordered Sintered Bronze Magno, amazing color
This is a fellow MBworld user that posted this. I LOVE it so much. You went with one of the BEST options in my opinion! You going RED interior? Red Calipers? Night Package? Rugged, Classy and SEXY. Yes, Sexy lol!

Old 06-22-2020, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Magno Black on Red all day! Just note that the Red interior means that all the ambient light colors are not clearly distinguishable - the yellows/reds/greens all look like yellow ambient light on the Red leather.
Old 06-22-2020, 12:58 PM

G
Originally Posted by newyorktoLA
Magno Black on Red all day! Just note that the Red interior means that all the ambient light colors are not clearly distinguishable - the yellows/reds/greens all look like yellow ambient light on the Red leather.
Thanks for the info! First time I'm happy I went with BLACK interior ugghhh still want RED lol.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:41 PM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
Night Black Magno is the most popular color, proven by dealerships asking for more money for on the lot ones. Gloss white and Obsidian Black are the second most popular colors.

Most interiors are black or red.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:44 PM

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
2020 G63, 2016 Range Rover LWB
Like the OP, I love black vehicles as well. G looks great in multiple colors but eventually narrowed it down to magno black and obsidian black. Went with the Obsidian and absolutely LOVE IT.

PPF full front and Ceramic over the entire vehicle including all glass, wheels, side steps, side exhausts, and soon to be interior. Windows tinted and put exoshield on the windshield. Tires with satin dressing. Diamond stitched red interior with the black piping is drool worthy. Carbon fiber steering wheel. Love the "red moon" interior lighting setting at night. Dash board changes from blue to purple. Below the dash glows in different shades of red all highly intensified by the red interior. It's like being in a volcano with blue and purple water above. Family goes crazy about it. Don't even start on the engine or the ride or the massage settings. Just wow. Get soooo many compliments on it. My wife jokingly asks me "what's it like to be in love with a truck". I just laugh. At least I think she is joking.....

Obsidian black with red interior and don't look back. You will love it and drive it much more than you think.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:02 PM

Received 176 Likes on 128 Posts
mclaren 720s
i have a diamond white metallic ‘20 G63 with red interior and love it... might be in the minority! but all my cars are white. This diamond white is awesome... looks grt with night package.