G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

20' G63 Ceramic Coated + Xpel Stealth Wrap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 538 Likes on 337 Posts
2024 AMG G63
I would strongly recommend getting the Exoshield. I just did my 2020 G63 and coincidently live in Jacksonville, FL.

I also used Xpel Pro on the painted area around the winshield, mirrors, front end, fenders, hood, headlights running board outer edges, door jams and sill plates.

The issues with windshield damage are that the insurance company won’t/are reluctant to replace a windshield with small chips. If you wrestle with them they will do a repair which the techs tell me may look worse than the chip. Exoshield will prevent most all of these type of chips.

FWIW: Total windshield replacement should be a genuine Mercedes windshield. My understanding is that Safelight does almost all of the dealer and insurance windshield and glass work nationally.
They are the authorized manufacturer of most OEM windhields in the US in Cincinatti for both foreign and domestic vehicles including Mercedes and official Mercedes logos, signitures and electronics are on/in the glass.

Enjoy your new ride.
The following users liked this post:
EJKaufman (07-29-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 460 Likes on 375 Posts
'25 EQG deposit, '21 718 Spyder & '20 HD Fatboy
Originally Posted by JSwan724
I would strongly recommend getting the Exoshield. I just did my 2020 G63 and coincidently live in Jacksonville, FL.

I also used Xpel Pro on the painted area around the winshield, mirrors, front end, fenders, hood, headlights running board outer edges, door jams and sill plates.

The issues with windshield damage are that the insurance company won’t/are reluctant to replace a windshield with small chips. If you wrestle with them they will do a repair which the techs tell me may look worse than the chip. Exoshield will prevent most all of these type of chips.

FWIW: Total windshield replacement should be a genuine Mercedes windshield. My understanding is that Safelight does almost all of the dealer and insurance windshield and glass work nationally.
They are the authorized manufacturer of most OEM windhields in the US in Cincinatti for both foreign and domestic vehicles including Mercedes and official Mercedes logos, signitures and electronics are on/in the glass.

Enjoy your new ride.
Who did your Exoshield?
Old 07-28-2020, 10:23 PM

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
G
Originally Posted by EJKaufman
What interior do you have in your truck? Post some photos if you can. What did you want to switch it to if you had been able to? I went with the all black diamond stitch interior in mine with white top stitching as part of the G Manufaktur program. Interior cost is $8050 vs $7200 if not G Manufaktur with the custom stitching. I'm just not a fan of the color red so I didn't go with with the popular red diamond stitched leather. I figure the black leather with the white top stitching will go very well with the all CF interior. Everything will be black and white inside the truck.

Thanks for your valued opinion. I will definitely move forward with the PPF and ceramic coating as soon as the truck arrives. I thought it was a fair price but just wanted to see other G enthusiast's opinions to confirm so.

I may just add the Exoshield for $400. Auto Supershield is a licensed installer of Exoshield as well. In the state of FL your auto insurance automatically has to replace your windshield at no cost to you by law. I checked with State Farm and they confirmed that if my windshield cracks it would be replaced by a Mercedes OEM windshield at no deductible to me. I don't know if all states have this law or not but it seems in FL and with State Farm for your auto insurance you would be fully protected. However, even so, I don't want to deal with a potential cracked windshield as it would be a headache so for $400 I will just get the Exoshield done while it's at the shop getting PPF and ceramic.

Thanks again, Nik!
I didn't have the greatest ordering experience but that's another story and partially my fault. My interior is standard black (white stitching standard) and trim is piano black. I went black on black on black lol! I love it! My ambient lighting is set to red and at night it looks amazing! I can post some pics tmwr! Looking back, I would have done the standard red/black interior w/ CF trim. Personally, I think your color/trim combo will be perfect! The black diamond sticking is perfect!

I drove the G around today and it obviously picked up some dust, bird droppings etc...A little spray of Dr.Beasleys Matte Final Finish and everything wiped off with ease. The ceramic coating and PPF really makes cleaning a breeze.

I say go for the Exoshield, its a small cost to pay to keep the windshield in pristine condition!
EJKaufman (07-29-2020)
Old 07-29-2020, 07:37 AM

Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts
mclaren 720s
Originally Posted by NikBenz1
I didn't have the greatest ordering experience but that's another story and partially my fault. My interior is standard black (white stitching standard) and trim is piano black. I went black on black on black lol! I love it! My ambient lighting is set to red and at night it looks amazing! I can post some pics tmwr! Looking back, I would have done the standard red/black interior w/ CF trim. Personally, I think your color/trim combo will be perfect! The black diamond sticking is perfect!

I drove the G around today and it obviously picked up some dust, bird droppings etc...A little spray of Dr.Beasleys Matte Final Finish and everything wiped off with ease. The ceramic coating and PPF really makes cleaning a breeze.

I say go for the Exoshield, its a small cost to pay to keep the windshield in pristine condition!
got exactly what you did with Xpel and i also did inside door jams as i always worry about wife stepping on them with heels to get in and out! also did wheel wells and gas tank cover...

oddly i was talked away from Exoshield... a rock hits the windshield, it will crack the windshield.... it wont protect from that... also someone told me when you run your windshield wipers, sometimes it can scratch the film... not sure on latter but thats what i was told...

Tinted all around as well. hopefully dont get snagged by cops in my state but never have been 👍

Your car looks great.
NikBenz1 (08-03-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 07:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW M5
Lots of great information here! Seems like the cost is well worth it to protect the paint and truly enjoy the truck without worrying too much. Does anyone have a recommendation for an installer in the Philadelphia area?
Old 08-03-2020, 12:47 AM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 Maybach S600 Black, 2016 s550 designo cashmere white magno, 2019 g63, 2020 g63 Midnight Magno
Hey guys! John here. Extremely new here. Just came out of a 2019 g63 polar white with platinum and black interior. Just received my delivery on a 185k sticker 2020 g63.. designo night black Magno matte with midnight package and red guts. Cf trim and a cf engine cover. Only missing rear entertainment.. dropping it off tomorrow for full ppf, windshield and 4 year ceramic as well. Will be doing the rear wheel delete, powder coating the wheels and running boards as well.

Thanks for all the info! congrats on yours! Looks great!

NikBenz1 (08-03-2020)
Old 08-03-2020, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 460 Likes on 375 Posts
'25 EQG deposit, '21 718 Spyder & '20 HD Fatboy
Very nice. I just got mine back from PPF and ceramic coat and he did a great job. He did not like some of the precut pieces on the front bumper so he made custom ones. Overall he said it was not difficult but time consuming to get it right.

By the way, if you need a spare tire delete cover I have a brand new one that I am selling.

Last edited by Bob Z.; 08-03-2020 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:51 AM

Received 453 Likes on 274 Posts
2005 G55K
Originally Posted by G63NYC
Hey guys! John here. Extremely new here. Just came out of a 2019 g63 polar white with platinum and black interior. Just received my delivery on a 185k sticker 2020 g63.. designo night black Magno matte with midnight package and red guts. Cf trim and a cf engine cover. Only missing rear entertainment.. dropping it off tomorrow for full ppf, windshield and 4 year ceramic as well. Will be doing the rear wheel delete, powder coating the wheels and running boards as well.

Thanks for all the info! congrats on yours! Looks great!

How has your experience been with this shop? I'm in Brooklyn also and have been looking for a good place to have Exoshield applied to my 2005 the windshield after I replace it (too many rock chips)
Old 08-03-2020, 01:18 PM

Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts
458 speciale, G63, GTC4lusso, ML63(GONE),
Originally Posted by shiann
How has your experience been with this shop? I'm in Brooklyn also and have been looking for a good place to have Exoshield applied to my 2005 the windshield after I replace it (too many rock chips)
i had mine done with 212motoring, but with Bray product which are multiple layers of windshield films.
Old 08-03-2020, 02:01 PM

Received 453 Likes on 274 Posts
2005 G55K
Originally Posted by kim0217
i had mine done with 212motoring, but with Bray product which are multiple layers of windshield films.
Thanks for the recommendation. I've driven by 212Motoring numerous times and always wondered how they were. They're pretty close too so I'll check them out.