G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

Illuminated Sill Lights - Factory Wiring - How to turn sill light option on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 05:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes CLK55 AMG Works Rally Car
Illuminated Sill Lights - Factory Wiring - How to turn sill light option on

Hi All,
I have a W463 2016 - did not have illuminated sill lights when purchased.
I installed some illuminated door sills (brabus aftermarket) and noticed that the car had wires (positive and negative) and a connector plug (not connected) under the sill cover at each door as if it was pre-wired for sill lights. The earth registers as connected to body/chassis and there is 0.2v registering on the positive. I assume that Mercedes would have turned off the sill illumination function - so as not to have 12v live wire flopping about under the sill covers - perhaps the 0.2v is residual power flowing through despite the option being turned off. However, I cannot find how to turn the illuminated sill light system 'on' - I have looked at all the buttons on the roof dome light, looked at the command system on the dash which controls lighting (puddle light, interior light, running lights etc) - but there is no 'sill light' option.

I am told that they were a dealer fitted option.

To turn the option on - do I need to get into the Engineering Mode? Or am I missing something else?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,