G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

Second allocation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 02:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
range rover
Second allocation

Hello guys, I ordered 2021 G63 model in the beginning of September. The dealer said I will be the second person for the next allocation because the first allocation has been filled. Do you guys have any idea when the next allocation gonna be?
Old 10-01-2020, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 460 Likes on 375 Posts
'25 EQG deposit, '21 718 Spyder & '20 HD Fatboy
Originally Posted by Larrytran
Hello guys, I ordered 2021 G63 model in the beginning of September. The dealer said I will be the second person for the next allocation because the first allocation has been filled. Do you guys have any idea when the next allocation gonna be?
Ask you dealer when they received their second allocation in the last model year, which should give you an idea of when to expect the next one for you.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
"I am the 2nd Guy for the 2nd Allocation".... well Dealer's received ALL their allocation thru to January end-August - you spoke to "your Dealer" in September - and he didn't tell you he if he has a 2nd Allocation thru August - and on top of that - if you're "2nd for the 2nd allocation" - that means you are #3 - and sound to me you for sure be next year - at best April...

If a Dealer can't shoot straight with you - heck with them - this Dealer is just doing the shuffle-dance to tie you down buddy.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:51 AM

range rover
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
"I am the 2nd Guy for the 2nd Allocation".... well Dealer's received ALL their allocation thru to January end-August - you spoke to "your Dealer" in September - and he didn't tell you he if he has a 2nd Allocation thru August - and on top of that - if you're "2nd for the 2nd allocation" - that means you are #3 - and sound to me you for sure be next year - at best April...

If a Dealer can't shoot straight with you - heck with them - this Dealer is just doing the shuffle-dance to tie you down buddy.
Thank you for letting me know. Wait till April is an acceptable time for me. Do you have any ideas of the latest time for my allocation?
Old 10-02-2020, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 460 Likes on 375 Posts
'25 EQG deposit, '21 718 Spyder & '20 HD Fatboy
Originally Posted by Larrytran
Thank you for letting me know. Wait till April is an acceptable time for me. Do you have any ideas of the latest time for my allocation?
What is your dealer telling you? They are your best source! did you see my reply above?
Old 10-02-2020, 03:40 PM

range rover
Originally Posted by Bob Z.
What is your dealer telling you? They are your best source! did you see my reply above?
I just got their reply, they said they only received 1 allocation this month, and I’m the next in line, expecting February or March delivery.
Old 10-29-2020, 01:34 PM

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
20 G63, 19 720s

yep this happened to me. I was dealing with mercedes benz of union. I was second in line for 12 months.... cancelled my order.

Will not recommend them.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TT LP560
Is anyone familiar with NetStar and understand how/when the allocations are given actual build dates? How can I ask for proof that my allocation is actually in the system and they're not taking advantage of me?

I was told by my dealer that I would be getting their first 2021 allocation which was originally scheduled for November. I was also told I had to have my configuration finalized by October 1st to ensure that we got it built to order and weren't locked out. When I pressed my SA in October, she told me that MB is behind schedule and they are delaying their builds. Apparently they experienced the same with the new E-Class. So now I am being told they expect it to be built in January and delivered in February.

Unfortunately, my SA is not the brightest, so she's going off what the manager is telling her. Being that this is my first MB, I want to make sure they actually being honest and not taking advantage of me.

Thanks in advance for any insight that anyone can provide.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 372 Posts
2023 G63
I don't claim to be familiar with Netstar but the process should go something like this:

-Deposit placed and build created
-Dealer takes build and enters it into the system, at this point it is just a request and is not binding - you do not need an allocation to put a build into the system.
-Dealer receives allocation from MB/regional manager and they decide who gets allocation and then pull that build.
-Buyer notified that request has been picked up and is now an allocation. This involves getting a purchase order number and a build date (build dates are in the format of month + decade which is a weekly thing, i.e. 3rd decade of October = October 21 or so). At this point you have a guaranteed slot in the system and will have a G coming down the pipeline, hopefully without any surprise ADMs.

Without a purchase order number, you're still in line waiting and have no build and no vehicle. If the dealer says you have an allocation but can't give you a purchase order they are wasting your time or feeding you BS.

When I received an allocation, my SA sent me a screenshot from Netstar showing my name, build decade and purchase order number.

From what I can tell, your dealer is full of bull and probably either forgot about you or let some others jump you in line. The G factory is running head of schedule and since April there have been zero delays. I was told in August that I was getting an October allocation so if you really are getting a January allocation you should hear soon.

My advice is to put your name and refundable deposits down at multiple dealers and don't cancel any until you get an allocation and purchase order number from one of them.

Last edited by Hodog16; 10-29-2020 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:55 PM

TT LP560
Originally Posted by Hodog16
I don't claim to be familiar with Netstar but the process should go something like this:

-Deposit placed and build created
-Dealer takes build and enters it into the system, at this point it is just a request and is not binding - you do not need an allocation to put a build into the system.
-Dealer receives allocation from MB/regional manager and they decide who gets allocation and then pull that build.
-Buyer notified that request has been picked up and is now an allocation. This involves getting a purchase order number and a build date (build dates are in the format of month + decade which is a weekly thing, i.e. 3rd decade of October = October 21 or so). At this point you have a guaranteed slot in the system and will have a G coming down the pipeline, hopefully without any surprise ADMs.

Without a purchase order number, you're still in line waiting and have no build and no vehicle. If the dealer says you have an allocation but can't give you a purchase order they are wasting your time or feeding you BS.

When I received an allocation, my SA sent me a screenshot from Netstar showing my name, build decade and purchase order number.

From what I can tell, your dealer is full of bull and probably either forgot about you or let some others jump you in line. The G factory is running head of schedule and since April there have been zero delays. I was told in August that I was getting an October allocation so if you really are getting a January allocation you should hear soon.

My advice is to put your name and refundable deposits down at multiple dealers and don't cancel any until you get an allocation and purchase order number from one of them.
Thanks very much for taking the time to explain it in such detail.

I do have it in writing that I am getting their first 2021 G63 allocation at MSRP without ADM. I just have a feeling that they don't get many G builds, as they're not a big dealer.

I will be calling and asking for the general manager to get to the bottom of it all.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 G63
No problem--if you have it in writing for MSRP that's a great start. Dealers seem to get their allocations in waves, so it's possible their January-March allocations are releasing soon.

The thing is--the dealer should know exactly what they will be getting because it will be identical to last year - for example if they got 2 January and 1 February allocations last year, they will get the exact same thing this year. Most SA's I've talked to have no idea what the dealership got, but the sales or general manager should know exactly.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:53 PM

Received 121 Likes on 102 Posts
2018 Porsche 911 GT3 2021 Mercedes G 63
Originally Posted by m3jasper
Thanks very much for taking the time to explain it in such detail.

I do have it in writing that I am getting their first 2021 G63 allocation at MSRP without ADM. I just have a feeling that they don't get many G builds, as they're not a big dealer.

I will be calling and asking for the general manager to get to the bottom of it all.
Sounds like they’re jerking you around. They’re probably putting people ahead of you that are paying over. Without a purchase order number with your name and specs and a build date, you don’t have anything!
Old 10-29-2020, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 447 Likes on 357 Posts
2015 CLS 550 2015 ML 400 Previous 2020 GLB 250 2019 A 220 2005 ML 350 1989 300 E 2001 SL 500
No problem--if you have it in writing for MSRP that's a great start. Dealers seem to get their allocations in waves, so it's possible their January-March allocations are releasing soon.

The thing is--the dealer should know exactly what they will be getting because it will be identical to last year - for example if they got 2 January and 1 February allocations last year, they will get the exact same thing this year. Most SA's I've talked to have no idea what the dealership got, but the sales or general manager should know exactly.
Allocations come out once per month. We get ours around the middle of the month. Not everyone gets a G 63 every allocation.
The following users liked this post:
Hodog16 (10-29-2020)
Old 10-29-2020, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
1.Allocations come out once per month -

Let me give a bit of clarity on this "Allocation" bullsh*t since many forum member get told so much unclear "cr*p" from "most" dealers. Member's who are here looking to buy a new G are not generally the stupid type - and this G-Wagen order miscommunication is so common - it's not our member's - it's stupid dealer salesmen pretending to be smart and "blaming Mercedes"
As of today - Oct 29 - Production Order's have been allocated and dealer assigned thru 4th-decade February build (end-February Graz production).- this means TODAY EVERY MB Dealer knows EXACTLY what G's will be built for each of them between now and end-February.
Actually EVERY MB dealer can see how many G's are scheduled to be built for any other dealer if they wanted to look (but Dealer's don't "trade" G's so nobody needs to look)

2. We get ours around the middle of the month. Not everyone gets a G 63 every allocation.

Every MB Dealer gets the same # of G's in any particular Quarter (3 months) this year all things being equal as compared to last year same year - a Dealer can lose up to 2 this year's next quarter if 1 shows exported that same quarter last year - Mercedes can add 1-2-3 (some time's 4) for this next quarter as compared to same quarter last year depending on Dealer Performance and/or Dealer Investment (Buying or Re-Building a dealership) - changes in next quarter's "allocation" is not a mystery to Dealer Management - unfortunately the Car Business is not known for effective Management - so the "McDonald's School of Car Dealership Management" encourage this clownish miscommunication.

Let me cut right to it - with "suggested Intelligent Questions" 1. Based on your Dealership's experience - when do you expect you will be able to confirm my G-Wagen order with the Factory ? (ie when do I get Factory PO#)
2. Based on your Dealership's experience - when do you expect the Factory will build my G-Wagen ?
3. Based on your Dealership's experience - when do you expect I will have delivery of my G-Wagen from you?

Now - each of those Questions is answered by NAMING A MONTH - not answering with "allocation" - not by "2nd in line for the 2nd allocation" - not by "when Mercedes gives us the 7th G-Wagen" - all this Deflection and Diverson !
The following 4 users liked this post by fabbrisd1:
EJKaufman (10-31-2020), johndong888 (10-30-2020), m3jasper (10-30-2020), spourreza (10-30-2020)
Old 10-30-2020, 06:32 AM

TT LP560

So it turns out that my SA is genuinely just slow and uninformed.

I called yesterday and got a hold of the manager, the guy was as nice as he could possibly be. He totally understood where I was coming from and apologized for his SA's lack of communication. He looked up my order, sent over the build sheet with the PO and confirmed that my G is scheduled for the 2nd decade of January (Jan 10-20). He also was aware of the current issue with G63's being held at port and was confident it would all be resolved in December, assuring me that whenever my G does arrive at port it'll be shipped to the dealer right away.
Originally Posted by Craig B
Sounds like they’re jerking you around. They’re probably putting people ahead of you that are paying over. Without a purchase order number with your name and specs and a build date, you don’t have anything!
Their dealer policy doesn't allow them to charge ADM.

This was just simply the SA not communicating and, frankly, just not being good at her job.
1.Allocations come out once per month -

Let me give a bit of clarity on this "Allocation" bullsh*t since many forum member get told so much unclear "cr*p" from "most" dealers. Member's who are here looking to buy a new G are not generally the stupid type - and this G-Wagen order miscommunication is so common - it's not our member's - it's stupid dealer salesmen pretending to be smart and "blaming Mercedes"
As of today - Oct 29 - Production Order's have been allocated and dealer assigned thru 4th-decade February build (end-February Graz production).- this means TODAY EVERY MB Dealer knows EXACTLY what G's will be built for each of them between now and end-February.
Actually EVERY MB dealer can see how many G's are scheduled to be built for any other dealer if they wanted to look (but Dealer's don't "trade" G's so nobody needs to look)

2. We get ours around the middle of the month. Not everyone gets a G 63 every allocation.

Every MB Dealer gets the same # of G's in any particular Quarter (3 months) this year all things being equal as compared to last year same year - a Dealer can lose up to 2 this year's next quarter if 1 shows exported that same quarter last year - Mercedes can add 1-2-3 (some time's 4) for this next quarter as compared to same quarter last year depending on Dealer Performance and/or Dealer Investment (Buying or Re-Building a dealership) - changes in next quarter's "allocation" is not a mystery to Dealer Management - unfortunately the Car Business is not known for effective Management - so the "McDonald's School of Car Dealership Management" encourage this clownish miscommunication.

Let me cut right to it - with "suggested Intelligent Questions" 1. Based on your Dealership's experience - when do you expect you will be able to confirm my G-Wagen order with the Factory ? (ie when do I get Factory PO#)
2. Based on your Dealership's experience - when do you expect the Factory will build my G-Wagen ?
3. Based on your Dealership's experience - when do you expect I will have delivery of my G-Wagen from you?

Now - each of those Questions is answered by NAMING A MONTH - not answering with "allocation" - not by "2nd in line for the 2nd allocation" - not by "when Mercedes gives us the 7th G-Wagen" - all this Deflection and Diverson !
Thanks for sharing, that's great information which can help many going forward.

-------------

I appreciate everyone's help with this!
Old 10-30-2020, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 G63
Great to hear that the sales manager came through for you! Getting that PO number is like getting a gold ticket from ***** Wonka haha.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:31 PM

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
20 G63, 19 720s
Their dealer policy doesn't allow them to charge ADM.
Which dealer network? I used ray catena cause they had the same policy but they were asking if I wanted to pay more... though I think it was for a used car; not too sure anymore as my buddy was the one doing all the legwork.
Old 10-31-2020, 05:59 AM

TT LP560
Originally Posted by johndong888
Which dealer network? I used ray catena cause they had the same policy but they were asking if I wanted to pay more... though I think it was for a used car; not too sure anymore as my buddy was the one doing all the legwork.
You have to find a dealer that is owned by MB corporate such as the NYC dealership.

I also found Greenwich, CT, which is owned by Penske, but their wait list was over two years deep.

Those are two in our area that definitely don't do ADM.

Last edited by m3jasper; 10-31-2020 at 06:37 AM.
Old 11-05-2020, 09:39 AM

TT LP560
One more question regarding the ordering process...

At what point does a VIN normally get assigned to a build? Build is scheduled for Jan 10-20th 2021.
Old 11-05-2020, 09:58 AM

Received 121 Likes on 102 Posts
2018 Porsche 911 GT3 2021 Mercedes G 63
One more question regarding the ordering process...

At what point does a VIN normally get assigned to a build? Build is scheduled for Jan 10-20th 2021.
Right about the time it’s being built.