G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

Memory Function?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 460 Likes on 375 Posts
'25 EQG deposit, '21 718 Spyder & '20 HD Fatboy
Memory Function?

So I know that the 3 positions allow one to set memory for the seats, steering wheel & mirrors but does it apply to anything else, such as the Sport setting? I like to drive in Sport and the wife in Eco so it would be nice for each of us to get what we want without having to change it via the settings.
Old 10-17-2020, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 963 Likes on 739 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by Bob Z.
So I know that the 3 positions allow one to set memory for the seats, steering wheel & mirrors but does it apply to anything else, such as the Sport setting? I like to drive in Sport and the wife in Eco so it would be nice for each of us to get what we want without having to change it via the settings.
I wish it were so, but I've not discovered any work-around to prevent the Dynamic Mode from resetting to Comfort mode upon vehicle starting. My Lexus doesn't include its dynamic mode setting with the personalized settings either, but at least it has a rotary selection knob that stays where I put it.
Old 10-18-2020, 03:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
The Dynamic Mode cannot be linked to your Profile.

Mercedes interpretation of the Federal Guidelines is the reason it's programmed to Default to Comfort on Startup.

If you want to reprogram how Dynamic works - message Vladimir at canfiltermb@gmail.com with your VIN# - and ask Vladimir what options/changes he can do for your G with a custom programmed OBD module from him that reprograms your G.

Vladimir is Top Notch - could be fun for you.

Keep the beat !

Old 10-18-2020, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1

Mercedes interpretation of the Federal Guidelines is the reason it's programmed to Default to Comfort on Startup.

If you want to reprogram how Dynamic works - message Vladimir at canfiltermb@gmail.com with your VIN# - and ask Vladimir what options/changes he can do for your G with a custom programmed OBD module from him that reprograms your G.

Keep the beat !
I should have thought about Vlad since he does about the same for Porsches - thanks for the reminder.
Old 10-18-2020, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 963 Likes on 739 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1

Keep the beat !
The OP was about associating a dynamic mode setting with the seat memory function. I think I steered the discussion a bit off topic with the Comfort mode default setting and it's detested ECO Start/Stop feature. It seems as if EPA testing rules allow car manufacturers to rate fuel efficiency as if the ECO Start/Stop active condition is permanent as long the car initializes with this mode (even if the driver can subsequently disable it). This buys the manufacturer a few tenths of a mile per gallon toward reaching its mandated average mpg across all vehicles. Apparently nearly all current model year vehicles sold in the U.S. now have ECO Start/Stop, and many don't have alternate driving modes that shut it off. There's quite a bit of blow-back on this technology and its yet uncertain impact on the longevity of the engine, starter and battery. As more and more of these intelligent technologies invade our vehicles, guys like Vlad will become indispensable.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I was actually interested in having memory for 2 different settings recall more than just seat, steering wheel & mirrors. For example it would be nice if memory position 1 recall my seat setting, steering wheel mirrors, suspension, engine, steering, etc. and have memory position 2 recall those same settings for my wife's preferences. I am used to turning off *** and Lane Departure but it is the other settings that I wish could be recalled for separate positions.