G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

Who has aftermarket exhaust? Got a video/sound clip?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 06:54 PM

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 G63
Who has aftermarket exhaust? Got a video/sound clip?

So I’m wanting to get new exhaust to give my G63 more growl. I have looked at many companies. It does aggravate me that a set of mufflers for a G wagon are just as much or even more than a full cat back exhaust system for other AMGs. It’s just ridiculous. These companies just figure, you that much for a G Wagon, you’ll pay anything for exhaust.

1- Agency Power has cut the price of their exhaust system big time, but I would really like to hear their system on a G63. They only have videos on that G550 squared. I’m guessing it would sound different because it’s different engines between the two. I’d still like to hear a G63 with their exhaust.

2- Soul Performance sounds good on a G63, but the only video they have is of a G63 with their catless down pipes. Plus Soul Performance is offering 10% off for Black Friday sale.

3- GT HAUS/Meisterschaft has their system on sale, but it’s still pretty expensive.

3- FI exhaust was my favorite, but again, expensive.

4- Capristo is too quiet and quite expensive. I’m actually surprised how crappy Capristo sounds.

5- Akrapovic is awesome, but stupid expensive.

6- Quicksilver sounds good and I like the carbon fiber tips. Price isn’t too bad. It’s a possibility.

7- IPE sounds good, kinda expensive, and I don’t want to tune it. My G63 is still under the factory warranty and is CPO. Don’t want to mess with it.

I’m not to particular about valved and non-valved exhaust. I thought about getting Flowmasters or Borla mufflers, but then I’m back to not knowing how it’ll sound. Plus, then I’d have to find exhaust tips that look good. I love the side exhaust but then there is a challenge to find unique exhaust tips. I have even been looking at other make/model vehicles to use their exhaust tips.

So who has what and do you have a video or sound clip? Thanks!
Old 11-16-2020, 08:09 PM

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts
2018 Porsche 911 GT3 2021 Mercedes G 63
I have IPE headers and titanium exhaust on my Porsche 991.2 GT3, sounds great. My G 63 is sitting at the VPC.
Old 11-21-2020, 06:45 AM

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts
G63, G65
Originally Posted by veerodder
So I’m wanting to get new exhaust to give my G63 more growl. I have looked at many companies. It does aggravate me that a set of mufflers for a G wagon are just as much or even more than a full cat back exhaust system for other AMGs. It’s just ridiculous. These companies just figure, you that much for a G Wagon, you’ll pay anything for exhaust.

1- Agency Power has cut the price of their exhaust system big time, but I would really like to hear their system on a G63. They only have videos on that G550 squared. I’m guessing it would sound different because it’s different engines between the two. I’d still like to hear a G63 with their exhaust.

2- Soul Performance sounds good on a G63, but the only video they have is of a G63 with their catless down pipes. Plus Soul Performance is offering 10% off for Black Friday sale.

3- GT HAUS/Meisterschaft has their system on sale, but it’s still pretty expensive.

3- FI exhaust was my favorite, but again, expensive.

4- Capristo is too quiet and quite expensive. I’m actually surprised how crappy Capristo sounds.

5- Akrapovic is awesome, but stupid expensive.

6- Quicksilver sounds good and I like the carbon fiber tips. Price isn’t too bad. It’s a possibility.

7- IPE sounds good, kinda expensive, and I don’t want to tune it. My G63 is still under the factory warranty and is CPO. Don’t want to mess with it.

I’m not to particular about valved and non-valved exhaust. I thought about getting Flowmasters or Borla mufflers, but then I’m back to not knowing how it’ll sound. Plus, then I’d have to find exhaust tips that look good. I love the side exhaust but then there is a challenge to find unique exhaust tips. I have even been looking at other make/model vehicles to use their exhaust tips.

So who has what and do you have a video or sound clip? Thanks!
What year is your G63?
Old 11-21-2020, 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 993 Likes on 760 Posts
G550
For a couple dollars, you can download a digital sound track at https://www.audiosparx.com/sa/displa...Group_iid.3616 and play it on your sound system every time you hit the gas. You'll be the only one who knows.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 462 Likes on 377 Posts
'25 EQG deposit, '21 718 Spyder & '20 HD Fatboy
Soul makes nice stuff, which I have on my Porsche...just bought their headers and have high flow cats.

If you have side exhaust now keep the tips and have a shop incorporate them into your new system, and have them powder coated Black for a new look.

The following 2 users liked this post by Bob Z.:
EnigmaAW (11-21-2020), V8ray (11-23-2020)
Old 11-21-2020, 01:48 PM

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 G63
Butcher I have a 2017 G63