G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

Phone Mount

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2021, 06:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG G63
Phone Mount

Recently purchased my first GWagon, an AMG G63. While it’s loaded with all sorts of cool features, phone mounting optionality is not one of them. I searched the forums and found people glueing cheap mounts to the dash or trim, and one vendor with a mount that covers the drive train selection. Frankly none looked good, so I copied and idea from my other vehicles and purchased a swan neck mount that bolts to the passenger seat ( using the oem bolt).

personally it’s a nicer cleaner look, and I swapped the op of the mount to a MagSafe so that it not only mounted but charges at the same time

let me know your thoughts

Doesn’t obscure the factory buttons

Allows full travel of the passenger seats
Old 06-05-2021, 10:16 AM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
2021 Night Black Magno G63
Best I've seen, looks amazing! I have the cup holder one and it's kind of annoying since I can never close that part that's all carbon fiber. Can you please include links to exactly what I need to order to do the exact same setup that you did?
Old 06-05-2021, 11:55 AM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG G63
the install

Originally Posted by EJKaufman
Best I've seen, looks amazing! I have the cup holder one and it's kind of annoying since I can never close that part that's all carbon fiber. Can you please include links to exactly what I need to order to do the exact same setup that you did?
there are a couple of parts you need

the swan neck

Amazon Amazon

and the magsafe mount

Amazon Amazon

you WILL need to modify the swan neck! the BASE needs to be resized to fit inside the seat rail. if you have a dremmel you simply cut (see my crude diagram). i then touch up painted to black

you need a star torx socket to mount the bracket. (simply loosen the oem bolt and slide your swan neck mount into position and retighten!)

next you HAVE to modify the phone mount . this is a case of using the dremmel again to cut the TABS of the swan neck mount, and also removing the OEN mount off the magsafe holder. i then simply superglued the swan neck bracket to the back of the mage safe holder!

wiring - i simply ran the wire from the cup holder (using a 12 volt adapter to the USB).

hope that helps