G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

When building a new G, do options effect resale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 12:33 PM

Received 81 Likes on 65 Posts
Mercedes G63
When building a new G, do options effect resale

I was wondering when building a new G63 if any of the options help with resale, if and when I go to sell, or is it all relative as to what you actually spend. So deck one out with fancy paint and upgraded interior and wheels or go with regular paint a regular interior and not as high end wheels. Basically will the loaded up one pay for the option upgrade and then some if a person sells because of more desirability or is it a moot point. Thanks
Old 09-18-2021, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 993 Likes on 760 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer
I was wondering when building a new G63 if any of the options help with resale, if and when I go to sell, or is it all relative as to what you actually spend. So deck one out with fancy paint and upgraded interior and wheels or go with regular paint a regular interior and not as high end wheels. Basically will the loaded up one pay for the option upgrade and then some if a person sells because of more desirability or is it a moot point. Thanks
Can't say for sure that premium paint and interior options up the resale value, but IMO the colors selected do. Subtle colors - black, white, gray -- might lack the wow factor, but do have the broadest appeal. Good to remember if your plan is to trade/upgrade every 2 - 3 years. Not everyone will share your taste for a taxi yellow exterior over candy cane upholstery.
The following users liked this post:
Jagdpanzer (09-18-2021)
Old 09-18-2021, 11:57 AM

Mercedes G63
Originally Posted by streborx
Can't say for sure that premium paint and interior options up the resale value, but IMO the colors selected do. Subtle colors - black, white, gray -- might lack the wow factor, but do have the broadest appeal. Good to remember if your plan is to trade/upgrade every 2 - 3 years. Not everyone will share your taste for a taxi yellow exterior over candy cane upholstery.
After talking to another member in the know and reading this I agree. I am building it how I want it and not worrying about selling. I am going to enjoy it for me. I am going to do white and a black or red interior. Leaning towards black. I do want to do the trail package though. Thanks for your input. (:
Old 09-18-2021, 12:03 PM

Received 454 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 G55K
If you have an allocation to be built before the factory shut down, you could literally order any spec and come out well ahead, as long as you have a low ADM or no ADM added to the MSRP. I think 25-50k ADM is normal these days and for G63's on the lot ready to sell, probably 50-75k ADM.
Jagdpanzer (09-18-2021)
Old 09-18-2021, 12:17 PM

Mercedes G63
Originally Posted by shiann
If you have an allocation to be built before the factory shut down, you could literally order any spec and come out well ahead, as long as you have a low ADM or no ADM added to the MSRP. I think 25-50k ADM is normal these days and for G63's on the lot ready to sell, probably 50-75k ADM.

Thank you! I am getting that feeling after talking to you guys, and it does seem to fit the puzzle of things. There will always be someone hot on that last year with that motor. Even if a hybrid or EV comes that might offer some better performance advantages. There are no charging places I can think of here in Omaha. I am sure it will change, but how long will that take. I used to work in electrical industry and know how things move. Once the battery technology and range improves, and without battery degradation killing milage from repeated charges, I think things on the other side of the isle will really appeal to many more I am sure. Along with recharging speed times to get back on the road.
Old 09-18-2021, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 993 Likes on 760 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer
After talking to another member in the know and reading this I agree. I am building it how I want it and not worrying about selling. I am going to enjoy it for me. I am going to do white and a black or red interior. Leaning towards black. I do want to do the trail package though. Thanks for your input. (:
The G63 Limited Editions were made with white over red and red over white. It's certain that MB put a bit of research into combining some wow and some broad appeal before building 400 spec trucks.
Jagdpanzer (09-18-2021)
Old 09-18-2021, 01:06 PM

Mercedes G63
Originally Posted by streborx
The G63 Limited Editions were made with white over red and red over white. It's certain that MB put a bit of research into combining some wow and some broad appeal before building 400 spec trucks.
Great point!!!