G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

Love my G63 but…..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 12:30 AM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
AMG E63 S ( sold )
Love my G63 but…..

So I am loving my new G63 - really an incredible truck… though a few minor gripes
👉🏽 the lane assist is so annoying and maybe dangerous on how it dives away - I know you can turn off each time you start, but should be able to turn off permanently in settings
👉🏽 The lack of USB plug outside then glove box is odd? Having only one in front with no real place for phone seems not thought out
👉🏽 Also odd that the doors do not unlock as you approach

I know 1st world gripes 😂 - but the new AMG63 is incredible in so many ways - I love it
Old 09-20-2021, 07:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 993 Likes on 760 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by RaceDeck
So I am loving my new G63 - really an incredible truck… though a few minor gripes
👉🏽 the lane assist is so annoying and maybe dangerous on how it dives away - I know you can turn off each time you start, but should be able to turn off permanently in settings
👉🏽 The lack of USB plug outside then glove box is odd? Having only one in front with no real place for phone seems not thought out
👉🏽 Also odd that the doors do not unlock as you approach

I know 1st world gripes 😂 - but the new AMG63 is incredible in so many ways - I love it
Search the W463A forum regarding the LKA - someone there posted a way to tape over the windshield camera as a permanent disablement. Agree with its hazardous and annoying effects. NHTSA is (finally) reviewing all these ADAS features that are behind Tesla crashes and other accidents. The ECO Start/Stop feature is IMO equally hazardous and annoying, but is more easily permanently disabled.
There's a USB plug in the center console ashbox near the rear seat floor that allows a charging cord to be kept out of the way.
The following users liked this post:
RaceDeck (09-20-2021)
Old 09-20-2021, 11:47 AM

AMG E63 S ( sold )
Originally Posted by streborx
Search the W463A forum regarding the LKA - someone there posted a way to tape over the windshield camera as a permanent disablement. Agree with its hazardous and annoying effects. NHTSA is (finally) reviewing all these ADAS features that are behind Tesla crashes and other accidents. The ECO Start/Stop feature is IMO equally hazardous and annoying, but is more easily permanently disabled.
There's a USB plug in the center console ashbox near the rear seat floor that allows a charging cord to be kept out of the way.
Where I find the lane assist a huge issue is when passing bikers on the road.. as you move to the left on a two-lane highway, it almost jerks you back into the biker or pedestrian - Can't believe MB has not addressed this
Old 09-20-2021, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Where I find the lane assist a huge issue is when passing bikers on the road.. as you move to the left on a two-lane highway, it almost jerks you back into the biker or pedestrian - Can't believe MB has not addressed this
This was also my first experience with LKA -- 20 minutes after I drove it off the dealer's lot. The tech-geek guy never mentioned this "feature" or how to disable it (all he wanted to do was pair my phone with the truck). I nearly took out 2 cyclists, who flipped me off, thinking I was being a smarta$$ -- scared the crap out of me. I had no idea what had happened. When it happened again 10 minutes later, I caught some indication on the instrument panel, and pulled over to read the owners manual. IMO, this is yet an ADAS component that's not fully developed, and MB is collecting data over the air every time it kicks in.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:46 PM

AMG E63 S ( sold )
I would think this is Huge Liability for MBUSA legally
Old 09-20-2021, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
I would think this is Huge Liability for MBUSA legally
I wonder what happens when it kicks in on black ice.
The following users liked this post:
Jagdpanzer (09-21-2021)