G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

2023 G63 Air Con Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2024, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 G63
2023 G63 Air Con Problems

So I have had a few issues with the Air Con on my 2023 G63. Aside from the usual problems of the fan and compressor having a life of their own (and making a lot of noise into the bargain)...I have now had 2 complete failures of the Air Con system being able to deliver cold air.

Basically first time - was a hot day - was on a long trip and about 3 hours into the drive the Air Con output got less and less, and eventually the air supply from the vents just died away to nothing. Car got hotter and hotter and we ended up having to drive the remaining trip with the windows open.

Next day car started and air was working again. Took it to a dealer - they checked it all over and they said there did not seem to be anything wrong - but they re-gassed it anyway.

So again yesterday - about 1 hour into a 2 hour trip (hot day).....the air con output dropped away again to nothing - despite everything running at max.. Had to do the last hour in sweltering heat.

When I got home a massive puddle of water developed under the car. Today it's fine again.

So could something be icing up over the course of an hour or so and eventually stopping or blocking something from working ??
Old 08-26-2024, 06:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
check your drainage line for the ac to make sure it's not blocked.

also, take out the cabin filter to see if it is due for replacement.

look into the front bumper, check for any debris such as leaves that is blocking the condenser.

how's the interior and exterior temp readings? failure of the sensors can cause crappy things.

lastly, the HVAC duct controller may have failed. a full scan of the body codes would confirm