G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

2019 G500 driver window not going down ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 01:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G500 2019
2019 G500 driver window not going down ?

Hi , left my 2019 g500 window open in garage , this morning started the car , put window back up and now it won’t go down , I can hear some kind of click when pushing up , nothing happens when pushing down , ideas ?
Old 03-01-2021, 04:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 759 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by Stevemaj
Hi , left my 2019 g500 window open in garage , this morning started the car , put window back up and now it won’t go down , I can hear some kind of click when pushing up , nothing happens when pushing down , ideas ?
The truck's self driving computer is telling you that you've been visiting too many drive throughs for fast food (lol). Windows sometimes become partially or fully diabled after a battery change, but simply leaving a window open overnight shouldn't cause this. All other windows and the sunroof still operate normally?
Old 03-01-2021, 04:13 AM

G500 2019
Originally Posted by streborx
The truck's self driving computer is telling you that you've been visiting too many drive throughs for fast food (lol). Windows sometimes become partially or fully diabled after a battery change, but simply leaving a window open overnight shouldn't cause this. All other windows and the sunroof still operate normally?
All rest working fine and battery no problem either
Old 03-01-2021, 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
All rest working fine and battery no problem either
Have you tried the "convenience" feature? Press and hold the smartkey's unlock button and all windows + sunroof open. Press and hold lock and all should close. If still no workie after 2 tries looks like a trip to dealer is in your future. I don't think the driver's window is separately fused. Let us know what you find.
Old 03-01-2021, 12:01 PM

G500 2019
Not moving booked for dealer in the morning , I hope it’s a quick fix
Old 03-01-2021, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Not moving booked for dealer in the morning , I hope it’s a quick fix
Just checked the fuse diagram, and there are 4 fuses listed for power windows. One fuse is in the box under the rear seat (presumably for both rear windows), one is in the box behind the front passenger foot wall (presumably for the passenger window), and 2 are in the fuse box somewhere on the driver's side (the main fuse and the driver's window?). The fuse chart describes this last fuse box location as "on the driver's side of the dashboard", but I've never been able to find it in any such location. In a forum post many months back, a member wired in some accessory item into this fuse box and I think it was behind the driver's side foot wall, but there's no access panel. Getting to it involves ripping up the carpet and prying the panel away from its fasteners. I can't imagine why MB decided to conceal it this way -- probably a design screw-up or to avoid tooling up a new plastic mold with a removable cover like the passenger side has (or maybe just to annoy owners). Anyway, if this fuse is blown, it's best left to the dealer to replace it. If it does turn out to be a fuse, make sure to run the window up and down several times before leaving the dealer, because a power window fuse shouldn't just arbitrarily blow. There could be a problem with the motor, which will continue to blow fuses unless it's replaced. See if the service manager will let you see where this fuse panel is. Tell him you already know the battery is under the cargo compartment floor and MB can't keep everything secret forever.
Old 03-01-2021, 12:38 PM

G500 2019
Thx @streborx will keep you posted tomorrow