G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

2023 G63 Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 07:27 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
CLK 55 AMG 2005 and CLK 63 AMG cab.2007 - 2009 EVO - 2013 ML63 AMG - 2018 G63 AMG
2023 G63 Canada

Hey guys,
had my 2018 G63 for more than 1 year now and love the G.

i’m looking to place an order for a new G63. (Did not talked to my dealer yet)
but i’m keeping my 2018 in any case.
i know it takes about 2 year in Canada to get 1 order. Soo im looking at getting a 2023 model. Maybe
the MBUX will be out by then.

Never bought a brand new vehicle. Is there room to negotiate on a new G-Wagen?
i know they can not sell for more than the MSRP here by law.
And can i add a contract close soo Mercedes don’t pump up the price next year? Like the 25k add last year right before taking the 2020 model.

Prices here in canada are about 235k+tx for a 2021. And they are selling on private market at 330k.
thats crazy boost in value. Anyone ordering 2 G and flipping 1?
a 50k to 80k possible profit is worth thinking about it no? Taxes are a big talking point.
Do the dealer make you sign a letter to not sell over seas?
when i bought my certified G from dealer, they made me sign that close. Can not sell to china nor Dubai for 6 months...

any info regarding those points would be great
we just talking here
Old 01-14-2021, 09:20 PM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
G63, Porsche 911, Yukon XL, Wrangler(s)
I’m picking up my 2021 G63 tomorrow from my local Canadian (Ottawa) dealer.
Dealer was awesome - no bs or adm. paid MSRP and was able to factory order to my exact spec.
Ordered truck this last fall and will have it in my garage 4 months later.
Was required to sign an agreement yesterday wherein I would agree not to export the vehicle from Canada (anywhere across the border including the US) for at least 1 year from the date of purchase - apparently MB will issue big penalties to dealers that have their Canadian vehicles exported, and the dealers will push down their losses onto the customer if the agreement is breached - seems like a great way to deter flippers.

Stopped by the dealer after close tonight to see my G positioned perfectly for tomorrow’s pick-up (poor photo - was dark).

Good luck with your order!

The following 2 users liked this post by NEUNLFER:
chassis (01-14-2021), FatTony001 (01-16-2021)
Old 01-15-2021, 07:17 AM

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
2018 GLE63S Coupe, 2018 E63s
Originally Posted by NEUNLFER
Dealer was awesome - no bs or adm. paid MSRP and was able to factory order to my exact spec.
Was required to sign an agreement yesterday wherein I would agree not to export the vehicle from Canada (anywhere across the border including the US) for at least 1 year from the date of purchase - apparently MB will issue big penalties to dealers that have their Canadian vehicles exported, and the dealers will push down their losses onto the customer if the agreement is breached - seems like a great way to deter flippers.

Stopped by the dealer after close tonight to see my G positioned perfectly for tomorrow’s pick-up (poor photo - was dark).

can you check with your dealer if he is accepting new orders? I’ve been getting a No everywhere now
Old 01-15-2021, 09:40 AM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by FatTony001
Hey guys,
had my 2018 G63 for more than 1 year now and love the G.

i’m looking to place an order for a new G63. (Did not talked to my dealer yet)
but i’m keeping my 2018 in any case.
i know it takes about 2 year in Canada to get 1 order. Soo im looking at getting a 2023 model. Maybe
the MBUX will be out by then.

Never bought a brand new vehicle. Is there room to negotiate on a new G-Wagen?
i know they can not sell for more than the MSRP here by law.
And can i add a contract close soo Mercedes don’t pump up the price next year? Like the 25k add last year right before taking the 2020 model.

Prices here in canada are about 235k+tx for a 2021. And they are selling on private market at 330k.
thats crazy boost in value. Anyone ordering 2 G and flipping 1?
a 50k to 80k possible profit is worth thinking about it no? Taxes are a big talking point.
Do the dealer make you sign a letter to not sell over seas?
when i bought my certified G from dealer, they made me sign that close. Can not sell to china nor Dubai for 6 months...

any info regarding those points would be great
we just talking here
answering some of your questions here:
  • yes, it takes about 2 years to get a G wagon allocation at this point in time
  • absolutely no room to negotiate with a G wagon. the demand far exceeds the supply and they can easily sell it for full MSRP to someone else.
  • you cannot fix the price of the car. if youre getting a 2023 car, you'll be paying 2023 price. i ordered in 2019 when the Gs were much cheaper and had to pay 2020 prices when the car arrived. no movement on that.
  • unlikely that you will be able to order 2 G wagons at the same time. staggering your order might be a better idea. you will have to sign a non-export agreement that prevents you from exporting the car - usually for a period of 1 year. also most dealerships now require you to have some sort of financing with mercedes so that they know youre not just going to flip the car the very next day. having said that, you can always pay off the financed loan amount a month or 2 down the road with no penalties since its an open loan. if the merc canada catches on that you have exported the car, you'll be black listed from ordering any high demand merc vehicle.
  • i've been offered 30/40k for my lowly G550 and been tempted to sell it... but i did my research and it looks like if merc canada caught wind that my G was sold to an exporter, it would mean that i have no chance of getting another one except to go to the secondary market. i like the car too much not to have one in the garage.

Last edited by montreal red; 01-15-2021 at 09:42 AM.
The following users liked this post:
FatTony001 (01-16-2021)
Old 01-15-2021, 09:45 AM

G550

amazing looking spec. also a 4 month wait is unheard of... most dealers are quoting 1.5 to 2 year wait times. you must be a VVIP merc customer. i am assuming you have bought many cars from this dealer previously?
Old 01-15-2021, 12:06 PM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
G63, Porsche 911, Yukon XL, Wrangler(s)
Appreciate the compliment!
The truck looks like a G.I Joe toy I had as a child.
Can't wait to take it into the sandbox and play!

In terms previous Mercedes vehicles, I'm a little humbled to say this is my first Merc (new or used), however the owner of the dealership happens to be a neighbour at the cottage, so perhaps that played in my favour.
I think at the end of day this is very much a case of right place, right time, and a sh@t load of LUCK!!!
Old 01-15-2021, 05:57 PM

G550
Appreciate the compliment!
The truck looks like a G.I Joe toy I had as a child.
Can't wait to take it into the sandbox and play!

In terms previous Mercedes vehicles, I'm a little humbled to say this is my first Merc (new or used), however the owner of the dealership happens to be a neighbour at the cottage, so perhaps that played in my favour.
I think at the end of day this is very much a case of right place, right time, and a sh@t load of LUCK!!!
i ordered my G in late 2018, not too long after my dealer started to accept orders and it took me just over a year to get mine. i've tried to help a few friends shop around for a G allocation recently at various dealers in the toronto area and its definitely a 1.5 to 2 year wait now. so you were definitely very lucky to have such a short wait time. i've heard of some owners getting to the front of the line but thats because they've bought countless other mercs from their local dealer.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML350
The real reason is they know you are flipper and let you wait purposely.
Old 02-28-2021, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 963 Likes on 739 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by montreal red
i ordered my G in late 2018, not too long after my dealer started to accept orders and it took me just over a year to get mine. i've tried to help a few friends shop around for a G allocation recently at various dealers in the toronto area and its definitely a 1.5 to 2 year wait now. so you were definitely very lucky to have such a short wait time. i've heard of some owners getting to the front of the line but thats because they've bought countless other mercs from their local dealer.
Consider the upside to a 2 year wait -- you can start making monthly payments immediately to your savings account, and when the truck is delivered you'll have enough cash set aside to pay down a third of its price. From then on, your monthly payment will be less than what you've been setting aside.
The following users liked this post:
FatTony001 (03-06-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 11:46 PM

G550
Originally Posted by streborx
Consider the upside to a 2 year wait -- you can start making monthly payments immediately to your savings account, and when the truck is delivered you'll have enough cash set aside to pay down a third of its price. From then on, your monthly payment will be less than what you've been setting aside.
haha! thats not a bad way of doing it.