Mercedes Benz of Manhattan marking up G-wagons now

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2023, 01:27 PM
SLS

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
1998 Land Cruiser, 2003 SL500, 2024 G63
Originally Posted by LA90094
I did not have luck with the Manhattan dealer. When I shared I wouldn’t pay markup, I was told there were tons of orders in front of mine and they didn’t know when I’d get the car although when I ordered I was told 6 months. I ended up cancelling the order and getting my deposit back. I worked with a dealer in LA and was able to get a G63 without a markup. I am so surprised to hear dealers are still asking for markups?
It just varies by how many cars are on the lot, how much demand that location has at the moment, and if they want to sell a car. It's all variable. There is no hard and fast formula that I've found, except many dealers, as you increase your odds.
The following users liked this post:
AMGTexas (12-20-2023)
Old 12-20-2023, 01:29 PM
SLS

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
1998 Land Cruiser, 2003 SL500, 2024 G63
Originally Posted by DABRONX
Isn't MB Manhattan owned by MB themselves?

I just don't get these mark ups as Autotrader has hundreds if not a thousand of them for sale at any moment. It's a fake market shortage just like housing.
The prices listed on Autotrader, Kelly Bluebook, Auto Nation, etc. are all at MSRP for new vehicles. This is not the selling price though, from what I've come to find out. It is a starting point of whom to contact, as it tells you what a particular dealer has in stock. But the price listed, isn't the price and to get down to that price or a little more, takes work. Maybe someday we'll get back to buying for 10% - 15% under MSRP, but that means these G wagons won't hold their value as well as they did in the past, at that point. So it's not necessarily better.

Last edited by SLS; 12-20-2023 at 01:31 PM.