G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

Dealer Damaged my new Matte Black G550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 01:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Mercedes SLS GT AMG, 2015 S550 coupe, 2016 AMG GT coupe, 2021/22 Mercedes-Benz G550
Same damage Same Place

Originally Posted by Amil1
My car has been in the shop for the past 25 days for honestly no good reason and I was able to see my car while they were working on it only to discover two huge scratches on the door of my almost brand new G550. I have been working with the service manager on my car and she chose not inform me of the damage and after everyone saw I took photos of my car she called me to tell me that sorry and it happened that day only to find out after a bit more research that the car was damaged supposedly a week ago. i am almost certain that Mercedes was holding up my car in the shop so that they could try to fix the damage without telling me . It happens at some shady dealers and since there has been a lot of mistrust and lies from the dealership that this is the approach they were trying to go.

Just wanted to show the forum the damage and a warning to be careful that a dealership can easily scratch a car while working on it? ( I think thats what happened nobody but who knows) they obviously want to fix the damage at their shop but like I said earlier I dont trust them anymore and I instructed them to just finish the service of my vehicle and dont touch the paint as I will take care of it at a body shop I feel comfortable with (they obviously didnt like that but I dont care its my new car and its my right) sorry the pics are wack but I was in so much shock and pissed off I just took a few photos and stormed off before blowing my cool.

I dont want to name the dealership just yet but does anyone know the best Magno paint MB Certified bodyshop near DTLA?

I have the exact magno paint finish on my 2021/22 G550 and guess what? Mercedes-Benz of Delray Fl gave me the exact same damage to my paint!! Yet they don’t have the ***** to call me back! Left tons of messages!
Old 10-26-2022, 01:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Mercedes SLS GT AMG, 2015 S550 coupe, 2016 AMG GT coupe, 2021/22 Mercedes-Benz G550
Lemon law

Originally Posted by Amil1
My car has been in the shop for the past 25 days for honestly no good reason and I was able to see my car while they were working on it only to discover two huge scratches on the door of my almost brand new G550. I have been working with the service manager on my car and she chose not inform me of the damage and after everyone saw I took photos of my car she called me to tell me that sorry and it happened that day only to find out after a bit more research that the car was damaged supposedly a week ago. i am almost certain that Mercedes was holding up my car in the shop so that they could try to fix the damage without telling me . It happens at some shady dealers and since there has been a lot of mistrust and lies from the dealership that this is the approach they were trying to go.

Just wanted to show the forum the damage and a warning to be careful that a dealership can easily scratch a car while working on it? ( I think thats what happened nobody but who knows) they obviously want to fix the damage at their shop but like I said earlier I dont trust them anymore and I instructed them to just finish the service of my vehicle and dont touch the paint as I will take care of it at a body shop I feel comfortable with (they obviously didnt like that but I dont care its my new car and its my right) sorry the pics are wack but I was in so much shock and pissed off I just took a few photos and stormed off before blowing my cool.

I dont want to name the dealership just yet but does anyone know the best Magno paint MB Certified bodyshop near DTLA?

first and foremost, no one will get your door back to the way it was! The only one I can think of is on the East Coast will be Mercedes-Benz of Manhattan! Their paint department is as factory at their previous location!

Second of all, if your car was there for over 25 days you’re already qualify for a lemon law! Past 15 days you already qualified! File for lemon law!
Old 04-17-2024, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g63
Originally Posted by lenk
I am so tired of the the wild west of the internet where everyone purports to be an expert on all issues. I post very little for this reason although being a member of this forum for quite some time. I generally don't care what anyone says about the advice I give, but saying that diminution in value for this vehicle is "hogwash" is plain ignorant.

Case in point this guy seems to know everything about every Mercedes. I am sure he has lots of experience addressing these types of issues practically amongst everything else mercedes. This joker doesn't obviously know about paint meters and other very easy ways to know if any part on any car has been resprayed or a door replaced and repainted, especially metal, regardless if it shows up on carfax. Do you believe anyone buying a car like this resale won't have the where-with-all to know if a door was repainted or a new door was installed and then painted. SOMETIMES there is no rhyme of reason who may or may not report to carfax. If there is an insurance claim by the dealership to fix your car then it most definitely WILL be reported. Do you think a dealership is going to pay out of pocket or run it through their insurance carrier. Maybe yes, maybe no. Regardless diminution in value will occur.

I have no skin in this game but I have handled well over a 100 diminished value cases in 23 years in legal practice. I also have represented dealerships and body shops on many car related issues for many many years. My goal is only to help someone who is a victim of circumstance.

Ultimately don't believe me or Mr. Mercedes, but do not sign any releases, get an appraisal afterword and you will see for yourself. Also, don't assume if the bodyshop is Mercedes Certified they do the best work in your area. You are entitled to be made whole, not to get a new car or pain and suffering. Only to have the damage repaired, something to drive while it is being repaired and any loss of value as a result of the damage.
Hello lenk, do you handle cases on the west coast or know anyone in CA or AZ? Send me a private message, have a quick question..
Old 04-24-2024, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 403 Likes on 280 Posts
W463 G550 / C190 GTC //prev: W204 C63 507 / R170
Originally Posted by lenk
Find a shop that is certified to fix Tesla's - they have, by far, the most rigorous certification process. Also ask them not to report it to carfax - in N/C they don't have to - don't know about CA. Remember you will still have diminution in value claim even if you get the best paint work.
Good luck!
Really? Yet I never see a Tesla without some kind of quality issue - be it the paint, panel alignment, or something else.