G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

Machiato Beige Interior - Who has it and does it get dirty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 08:14 AM

Received 228 Likes on 161 Posts
G63, G65
Machiato Beige Interior - Who has it and does it get dirty

Trying to finalize the build on my wife's next G63, and she keeps thinking she wants the Machiato Beige/Espresso Brown interior. Exterior will be Diamond White, and we saw the Machiato interior and she fell in love with it. My concern will be the interior (mainly the seats) getting dirty over time. If anyone can keep an interior clean, it is my wife who wears workout clothes 99% of the time she is driving her G and only puts about 4,000 miles a year on it. However, this one will likely be a keeper for many years (particularly if they stop the V8 and go hybrid or EV), so I don't want her to regret the lighter interior down the line if it starts to look dirty. Right now the truck is spec'd as Black Diamond interior with white stitching. Truck is scheduled for December build, so I imagine we should make the interior change fairly soon if we are going to do it.

Anyone have this interior with some miles/time on it? Curious how it looks after 20-30K miles.
Old 09-19-2021, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 963 Likes on 739 Posts
G550
When wife happy, everybody happy.
The following 2 users liked this post by streborx:
Spetznice (09-23-2021), WN1X (09-19-2021)
Old 09-19-2021, 08:52 AM

G63, G65
Originally Posted by streborx
When wife happy, everybody happy.
Truer words...
She's actually torn on the decision too. Loves the light interior, but is concerned about the beige looking bad down the line.
Old 09-19-2021, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,453 Likes on 959 Posts
No more MB:(
There are other threads on this if you search. Blue jeans seem to be the greatest threat as the die used has been known to stain the lighter leathers over time. Personally I would opt away from this color if planning on keeping long term or heavy use. Others with first hand can chime in.
Old 09-19-2021, 02:04 PM

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
2018 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder, 2021 G63
I have the G Manufaktur Platinum White color. It's beautiful! I just got the car so no issues so far... but I guess the best way to keep it "clean" is to "keep it clean". I have one rule for my passengers at all times: NO FOOD, PERIOD. I do occasionally have my coffee when I'm driving to my warehouse, but that's about it. With regards to jeans, I didn't know that about the blue jeans which is something I wear often... I am getting the interior ceramic coated as we speak, so hopefully that helps with stains.
The following users liked this post:
The Butcher (09-23-2021)
Old 09-20-2021, 07:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Originally Posted by cryptopreneur
I have one rule for my passengers at all times: NO FOOD, PERIOD. I do occasionally have my coffee when I'm driving to my warehouse, but that's about it. With regards to jeans, I didn't know that about the blue jeans which is something I wear often.
Stone-washed blue isn't so risky, but black denims bleed from the day you buy them 'til the day you trash them. My passenger prohibitions include kids, pets and anyone who doesn't own his/her own luxury/exotic ride.
cryptopreneur (09-21-2021)
Old 09-20-2021, 07:50 AM

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts
21' BMW X6M 21' G63
Oh boy, another light interior thread..... I have the platinum white interior and honestly was not deterred by others concerns because I understand what is required to keep it clean and will do what is necessary to maintain it. I keep a product in the back, I believe it's Maguire's leather cleaner/conditioner in a handiwipe dispenser. I wipe the seats on a regular basis and to me they look better today than when I got the vehicle. A bit OCD perhaps, but its what it takes and its just not a big deal. My wife does the same in her X6 and we have no issues. So I say get what you love and understand what it takes to maintain.
The following 2 users liked this post by Theatrix1:
cryptopreneur (09-21-2021), The Butcher (09-23-2021)
Old 09-20-2021, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Originally Posted by Theatrix1
Oh boy, another light interior thread..... I have the platinum white interior and honestly was not deterred by others concerns because I understand what is required to keep it clean and will do what is necessary to maintain it. I keep a product in the back, I believe it's Maguire's leather cleaner/conditioner in a handiwipe dispenser. I wipe the seats on a regular basis and to me they look better today than when I got the vehicle. A bit OCD perhaps, but its what it takes and its just not a big deal. My wife does the same in her X6 and we have no issues. So I say get what you love and understand what it takes to maintain.
I agree - get what you want and like, but beware the consequences. Same applies to G ownership -- don't buy one and then complain about service and parts cost, (or fuel economy!). One other consequence of light colored interiors is privacy and security -- even with tinted windows, you don't want to leave anything of value laying on a seat where it can be easily seen.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:25 AM

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts
24 G63 23 Metris Van Past:21 G63 21 GLS63 20 GLE350 19 G63 17 G63 15 GL550 13 SL550
I have the Machiato Beige on my 21 G63 and 21 GLS63 also had it on my former G63. I wear stone wash blue jeans all the time in the winter and have seen no dye transfer at all. Dark jeans may be a different story however.
The Butcher (09-23-2021)
Old 09-20-2021, 02:22 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
19 Ferrari 488 Spyder, 19 911 Speedster, 19 Merc s63cab, 17 P Cayenne turbo, 16 Boxster Spyder,
I have the G Manufaktur Platinum White color. It's beautiful! I just got the car so no issues so far... but I guess the best way to keep it "clean" is to "keep it clean". I have one rule for my passengers at all times: NO FOOD, PERIOD. I do occasionally have my coffee when I'm driving to my warehouse, but that's about it. With regards to jeans, I didn't know that about the blue jeans which is something I wear often... I am getting the interior ceramic coated as we speak, so hopefully that helps with stains.
Did you get that car from motion endeavours?
The following 2 users liked this post by jamie140:
cryptopreneur (09-21-2021), RedPill (09-20-2021)
Old 09-20-2021, 09:30 PM

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 GLC63s, 2021 G63OB, 2021 G63MB, 2022 G63MB
clearer picture please
Old 09-21-2021, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by jamie140
Did you get that car from motion endeavours?
Yes! I believe your name (car owner) was mentioned

By the way, I need the Me Connect invite please! Hahaha.
Old 09-21-2021, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Theatrix1
Hey man, I have the same interior as you. Love the color! Any other tips for keeping it looking new? I don't have a problem with spills or anything as I take great care of my cars and I'm very strict with passengers.
Old 09-23-2021, 11:05 AM

G63, G65
Thank you everyone for your input. I think we will give it a go if it's not too late to make the change. She takes care of things, never leaves anything sitting out, and while she enjoyed the anonymity of the black interior with tinted windows, I think she will enjoy the white interior more than just being able to not be seen. Of course, now that I write that I kind of think I like the fact that she can't be seen with the dark interior and tinted windows...
Old 09-23-2021, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Originally Posted by The Butcher
Thank you everyone for your input. I think we will give it a go if it's not too late to make the change. She takes care of things, never leaves anything sitting out, and while she enjoyed the anonymity of the black interior with tinted windows, I think she will enjoy the white interior more than just being able to not be seen. Of course, now that I write that I kind of think I like the fact that she can't be seen with the dark interior and tinted windows...
As an added security measure, make sure she knows how to quickly cycle the door locks. Any would-be car-jacker will think she just chambered a round in a .30-06 (lol).
Old 09-24-2021, 07:08 AM

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts
21' BMW X6M 21' G63
Hey man, I have the same interior as you. Love the color! Any other tips for keeping it looking new? I don't have a problem with spills or anything as I take great care of my cars and I'm very strict with passengers.
No secrets my friend...just common sense. Don't put things on seat that could be a problem. i.e...grocery bags, backpacks. I wipe down my seats every few days as a course of habit now. No big deal to do this because I carry handiwipes for leather in the car and in my garage. Granted my life is a normal suburban life which does not include off roading and we are empty nesters so we can control our environment. We are both self conscious of the fact that we have white interiors and act accordingly to avoid situations which may be problematic.