G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

When will G get MBUX?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 07:02 PM

Received 148 Likes on 92 Posts
GTC, C43 coupe, GLC 300
Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer
I know many want the the MBUX, I am not one. I have a vehicle with a screen where you have to go into it just to access the heated steering wheel or the heated seats along with other simplified things. Buttons are so much easier. Then there's the finger printed up screens. I feel going into screens takes too much eyes off the road time and would much rather have buttons and knobs, rather than looking down at a screen and going into this and then turning that on or off through a menu. Thats just me and welcome anything new and if it is better so be it. Maybe I am just set in my ways. (:
This wont even be a concern because Im certain it will look something like the current E-class refresh that kept the exact same setup with the buttons as before (for stuff like windshield heating, climate control, seat heating etc.) but added the new steering wheel, new trackpad to replace the central knob and MBUX. So an upgrade into an in-between zone is far more likely rather than going full hyper screen which wouldn't even make sense through a cost standpoint for Mercedes.

I far one hope my 2023 will get it because my gf's GLC has it and I love yelling addresses at it and not having to pull over to the side to type it in (dont really use Android Auto).
The following users liked this post:
Jagdpanzer (12-28-2021)
Old 12-28-2021, 07:04 PM

Received 81 Likes on 65 Posts
Mercedes G63
Originally Posted by 3.Pointed.Czar
This wont even be a concern because Im certain it will look something like the current E-class refresh that kept the exact same setup with the buttons as before (for stuff like windshield heating, climate control, seat heating etc.) but added the new steering wheel, new trackpad to replace the central knob and MBUX. So an upgrade into an in-between zone is far more likely rather than going full hyper screen which wouldn't even make sense through a cost standpoint for Mercedes.
That wouldn't be bad, and I cant wait to see the 2023 in general and what it has to offer. Thanks
3.Pointed.Czar (12-28-2021)
Old 12-28-2021, 07:11 PM

Received 148 Likes on 92 Posts
GTC, C43 coupe, GLC 300
Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer
That wouldn't be bad, and I cant wait to see the 2023 in general and what it has to offer. Thanks
Just saw your white one, beautiful spec!
Jagdpanzer (12-28-2021)
Old 12-28-2021, 07:19 PM

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
G550
I like the buttons we have now, but sometimes I just wish I could touch the screen in the middle of navigating the menus when I’m at a red light. Touch screen definitely faster if you aren’t moving.

also can they please get wireless CarPlay.
Jagdpanzer (12-28-2021)
Old 12-28-2021, 07:21 PM

Received 128 Likes on 108 Posts
2018 Porsche 911 GT3 2021 Mercedes G 63
Originally Posted by Deezwho
I like the buttons we have now, but sometimes I just wish I could touch the screen in the middle of navigating the menus when I’m at a red light. Touch screen definitely faster if you aren’t moving.

i agree, my 2018 GT3 had wireless car play. I also would rather have a touchscreen.
Jagdpanzer (12-28-2021)
Old 12-28-2021, 09:01 PM

Received 81 Likes on 65 Posts
Mercedes G63
Originally Posted by 3.Pointed.Czar
Just saw your white one, beautiful spec!
Thanks so much and I am really enjoying it. I hope everyone else is enjoying what they have as well.
Old 12-28-2021, 10:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,617 Likes on 2,225 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by the2thdr
At least Mercedes uses a classic speedometer/tachometer in their vehicles rather than the reverse-sweep tachometer in BMW's and the linear ones that Audi now likes. Was the conventional round gauge (digital or analog) broken?
Agree, honestly the only thing the competitors need to do is to offer the driver an option to switch to the more classic style speedometer and tachometer instead of forcing it down our throats with these new designs. They could include these experimental designs but at least give us an option to change it is what I am trying to say.
Old 12-29-2021, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lc200
Originally Posted by Deezwho

Agreed, touching is way faster when stopped. I wish my car has both touch and knob. Only thing i like about mbux is touch screen.