Carfax Inconsistency

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2022, 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 963 Likes on 739 Posts
G550
Carfax Inconsistency

For the past year, I've been receiving monthly Carfax reports on my '19 G550, compliments of the dealership where I purchased it and from another dealership where I had recall service completed. The two reports have posted slightly different trade valuations over the past year that I attributed to regional factors. Last week, the report furnished via the recall service dealership listed the G's trade value at $178K while the other report (received a couple days later) furnished via the purchase dealership listed $117K. I don't attribute much credibility to either report, but find this substantial $ spread interesting, and makes me wonder how Carfax assembles its data. Anyone have an explanation?
Old 04-02-2022, 04:03 PM

Received 223 Likes on 132 Posts
S580
Originally Posted by streborx
For the past year, I've been receiving monthly Carfax reports on my '19 G550, compliments of the dealership where I purchased it and from another dealership where I had recall service completed. The two reports have posted slightly different trade valuations over the past year that I attributed to regional factors. Last week, the report furnished via the recall service dealership listed the G's trade value at $178K while the other report (received a couple days later) furnished via the purchase dealership listed $117K. I don't attribute much credibility to either report, but find this substantial $ spread interesting, and makes me wonder how Carfax assembles its data. Anyone have an explanation?
Online appraisals shouldn't be taken seriously. It all depends on what each particular sales manager thinks it's worth in their eyes.