Any "squared" owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2022, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G
Any "squared" owners

Hi folks, first time MB buyer.

I've been lusting to get a G class since forever. Who hasn't, right?

I got to see and drive a 4x4 Squared. OMG, that thing blew my mind. I mean, it's a monster truck.

Anybody has this thing as a daily driver? Price wise, they don't seem to be that much more expensive now compared to a regular or latest G wagon... At least in Europe

How reliable are these things? Are the way more expensive to maintain compared to a normal G class?

Am I crazy to think this is a regular car just like the G wagon... My wife already said no way I can park it in front of the house as she thinks our neighbors will think I'm a drug dealer
Old 04-07-2022, 05:50 PM

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
2018 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder, 2021 G63
My friend has had one for like 5 years now without any issues whatsoever. He doesn't daily drive it as it's a hassle according to him, but I love the truck.

Also, rule number 1, don't care what others will think about you. Do what you want. Others' opinions are worthless (unless its for the better).
Old 04-08-2022, 07:30 AM

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts
G63, G65
There's not going to be much difference in terms of reliability of the Squared compared to the regular G. Other than suspension and portals there isn't a ton of difference between the two. The portals do require servicing (I can't recall if it's every 12,000 or 15,000 miles), so that will be an additional service item to care for, but if you don't mind paying the price of a Squared then the service costs probably aren't that big of a deal. If the truck has higher miles I'd definitely look into service records, and have someone do an inspection on it.
Old 04-10-2022, 09:44 PM

Received 62 Likes on 39 Posts
2019 G63 E1; 2017 G550 4x4^2; 2016 G63
I have a 16 G63, 19 G63 and 17 4x4 …… without a doubt, the 4x4 is my favorite. It’s a riot, it’s crazy beyond words and it giddies up pretty good on the highway. I try to daily drive it as much as possible … EXCEPT when parking garages are involved because very few will fit this thing, so just keep that in mind. But if you have a chance to get one, get one. There are something like 300 in the US so when the craze for the new one ends and there are 10s of thousands running around, this thing will be always be more special.

I’m at 30k miles and only issue was a leak in one of the portal axles but they fixed it up in a few days and that was that. Nothing else to mention.

Also, get a crazy color. Mine is Electric Beam and I think it’s gorgeous.