Apple CarPlay not working with iPhone 15

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2023, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G63 AMG
Angry Apple CarPlay not working with iPhone 15

Hi,

I upgraded to an iPhone 15 Pro Max and have been unable to get Apple CarPlay to work.

The Apple cable for the iPhone 15 is only USB-C to USB-C, but the plug in the car is only USB-A (regular USB like on your computer), so you cannot use a genuine Apple cable to get it to work. I tried non Apple USB-A/USB-C cables, but the CarPlay does not connect. I also tried a USB-A/USB-C adapter with the genuine Apple USB-C cable, but that didn't work either.

With my old iPhone, the CarPlay would ONLY work with a 100% genuine Apple lightning cable I bought from the Apple store, unlike any other device that I connected it to. Even a "genuine" Apple cable off a reputable website did not work. I think this means that the requirement for having an Apple cable to connect is pretty strict. Although there are NO genuine Apple USB-A/USB-C cables.

Has anyone been able to get Apple CarPlay to work on their G63 AMG? Any ideas here?

Thanks for the help.
Old 12-19-2023, 06:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G63 2022
I had exactly same problem. Adapters didn't work either. Tried the Belkin Boost Charge braided USB-C to USB-A from Amazon. worked straight away.
Old 12-19-2023, 06:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 546 Likes on 362 Posts
2023 G63
I bought the Amazon basics branded cord usb-a to usb-c and it works fine.
Old 12-19-2023, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 595 Likes on 441 Posts
MB
Not really the solution you want but these work great for wireless carplay:

Peveork Wireless CarPlay Adapter Work for Cars with Factory Wired Apple CarPlay, Plug & Play Easy Use CarPlay Dongle Seamless Connection Converts Wired CarPlay to Wireless Adapter Wide Compatibility https://a.co/d/5NjWzkj
Old 12-19-2023, 08:11 AM

G63 AMG
Awesome. Thank you! I will try those cables
Old 01-10-2024, 11:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
G 63
Originally Posted by kszynkar
Awesome. Thank you! I will try those cables
Did you try this? Curious how the experience has been.
Old 01-11-2024, 12:10 AM

G63 AMG
Originally Posted by GforMe
Did you try this? Curious how the experience has been.
yes. I tried the Belkin Boost Charge braided USB-C to USB-A cable and it worked!
Old 01-11-2024, 12:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
G 63
yes. I tried the Belkin Boost Charge braided USB-C to USB-A cable and it worked!
Oops, I meant to ask about:
Peveork Wireless CarPlay Adapter Converts Wired CarPlay to Wireless - Plug & Play Dongle for Easy Use & Seamless Connection in Cars with Apple CarPlay Peveork Wireless CarPlay Adapter Converts Wired CarPlay to Wireless - Plug & Play Dongle for Easy Use & Seamless Connection in Cars with Apple CarPlay

Sounds like you skipped that though and went right to the cable. Thanks anyway, glad it worked!
Old 01-11-2024, 12:09 PM

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts
2018 E400 Wagon, P3, Cavansite Blue Metallic, Designo Interior
Hi,

I upgraded to an iPhone 15 Pro Max and have been unable to get Apple CarPlay to work.

The Apple cable for the iPhone 15 is only USB-C to USB-C, but the plug in the car is only USB-A (regular USB like on your computer), so you cannot use a genuine Apple cable to get it to work. I tried non Apple USB-A/USB-C cables, but the CarPlay does not connect. I also tried a USB-A/USB-C adapter with the genuine Apple USB-C cable, but that didn't work either.

With my old iPhone, the CarPlay would ONLY work with a 100% genuine Apple lightning cable I bought from the Apple store, unlike any other device that I connected it to. Even a "genuine" Apple cable off a reputable website did not work. I think this means that the requirement for having an Apple cable to connect is pretty strict. Although there are NO genuine Apple USB-A/USB-C cables.

Has anyone been able to get Apple CarPlay to work on their G63 AMG? Any ideas here?

Thanks for the help.
My iPhone 15 Pro works fine for CarPlay with a USB-A to USB-C cable. Gotta get the right cable though, and I was lucky to already have one. Apparently some cables only carry power and do not carry data, so a high quality cable that does both is needed.
Old 05-02-2024, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 546 Likes on 362 Posts
2023 G63
As an update the Amazon cord has worked fine but today after work the connect CarPlay box would come up but it wouldn’t work.

Turning the ignition off and on didn’t fix it, but I turned my phone off and on and now it’s working again.
Old 05-02-2024, 09:40 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
2023 G63 (Arabian Gray/Black), 2018 911 GTS (Black/Black)
Originally Posted by Hodog16
I bought the Amazon basics branded cord usb-a to usb-c and it works fine.
Same experience