G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

2025 Order Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2024, 11:20 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Porsche: 981.2s / 997.2s / 9Y0.1s Range Rover: RRS RRFF Mercedes: 2022 GLS450
Originally Posted by Eaton
Sorry, got that mixed up! Turns out Lunar Blue was removed.
That is a shame. Lunar Blue is my favorite color. Now they only offer Midnight which is too dark and all the other blues are too light. At least they didn't replace it with Twilight like they did on the G550. Twilight is such a dull boring color.
Old 07-17-2024, 11:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2022 G63
Originally Posted by Clutch2
I see the discussion on dark chrome package but I do not think it will include a dark chrome side step and dark chrome exhaust. It seems to still be standard bright chrome unless there’s something I’m not seeing.
To continue the confusing mess of ordering this car, the item "MANUFAKTUR Black Running Boards - name" was removed from the description of "DC3 MANUFAKTUR Dark Chrome Package" in the latest version of the ordering guide.

But I don't see Black Running Boards as a stand alone option now (in the US). So from what I can tell, the only way to get them is DE9 or DF4.
The following users liked this post:
GforMe (07-17-2024)
Old 07-17-2024, 11:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G63
Originally Posted by Clutch2
I see the discussion on dark chrome package but I do not think it will include a dark chrome side step and dark chrome exhaust. It seems to still be standard bright chrome unless there’s something I’m not seeing.
Correct and 100% confirmed.
Old 07-17-2024, 12:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2008 C350 sport
Mercedes should be ashamed of this absolute cluster f**k of an ordering process. We are the last developed country to get order spots. All of this should have been worked out prior to launch, and the online configurator should have been live on the website when order banks opened.

How can they list something as included with a package, let a customer lock in their order, then come back and say "Sike, you're not getting that."

At $220k+ apiece they can afford to have someone proofread the order guide and confirm the specs of each package. I was really excited to place my first new buy order (which I did) but now I'm getting tempted to just find a deal on a used 2022 or 2023.
The following 2 users liked this post by rossgivens:
GforMe (07-17-2024), powershot24 (07-17-2024)
Old 07-17-2024, 12:32 PM
haa

Received 196 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by rossgivens
Mercedes should be ashamed of this absolute cluster f**k of an ordering process. We are the last developed country to get order spots. All of this should have been worked out prior to launch, and the online configurator should have been live on the website when order banks opened.

How can they list something as included with a package, let a customer lock in their order, then come back and say "Sike, you're not getting that."

At $220k+ apiece they can afford to have someone proofread the order guide and confirm the specs of each package. I was really excited to place my first new buy order (which I did) but now I'm getting tempted to just find a deal on a used 2022 or 2023.
This seems to be an endemic issue with MBUSA with online configurators frequently running 1-2 years behind the current model year. I think the 2021 configurator for the G-class was finally updated in 2024. I honestly think they don't have good translators so it takes them a few months to figure out what the German order guide means. This does not seem to be an issue in the UK where the online configurator is updated instantly. Shamful considering the USA alone accounts for almost 25% of Mercedes global business revenue and income.
The following 2 users liked this post by haa:
Craig B (07-17-2024), powershot24 (07-17-2024)
Old 07-17-2024, 01:35 PM

Received 150 Likes on 129 Posts
2018 Porsche 911 GT3 2021 Mercedes G 63
Originally Posted by Rac10000
To continue the confusing mess of ordering this car, the item "MANUFAKTUR Black Running Boards - name" was removed from the description of "DC3 MANUFAKTUR Dark Chrome Package" in the latest version of the ordering guide.

But I don't see Black Running Boards as a stand alone option now (in the US). So from what I can tell, the only way to get them is DE9 or DF4.
T 81 running boards in black $550
powershot24 (07-18-2024)
Old 07-17-2024, 02:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2022 G63
Originally Posted by Craig B
Thanks! Are you in the US? Do you have the code for the black exhaust tips as well?

Also, does anyone know about the possibility of a heated CF steering wheel?
Old 07-17-2024, 02:26 PM

G63
Asked them, this option is not in existence and unsure how you got this, as I would have jumped all over it.
Unfortunately it was confirmed with Mercedes HQ, as I was freaking out
Old 07-17-2024, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by MCMiami
Asked them, this option is not in existence and unsure how you got this, as I would have jumped all over it.
Unfortunately it was confirmed with Mercedes HQ, as I was freaking out
I ordered it, it’s on my build sheet and has been accepted by Mercedes.
Old 07-17-2024, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rac10000
Thanks! Are you in the US? Do you have the code for the black exhaust tips as well?

Also, does anyone know about the possibility of a heated CF steering wheel?
the black exhaust tips come with the black running boards. Yes, I’m in the USA. I also ordered the heated carbon fiber steering wheel L6H I was told, the heated steering wheel is standard for 25. I have it on my 24.

Last edited by Craig B; 07-17-2024 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-17-2024, 03:57 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2023 G63 March '23 Build 2022 AMG GT 4D
@Craig B did you order the performance package? I am curious because really do want the exterior carbon package. On my sheet the Performance package mentions some darkened elements like the lights and the dark chrome grille. I am wondering if a build that has both the performance package and the carbon exterior package might be able to add that T81 option for black running boards. WOuldn't you think a black radiator grill inserts in dark chrome and darkened lights may make sense to offer black running boards. I know it may not be the case, just curious.
Old 07-17-2024, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by stevem12t2
@Craig B did you order the performance package? I am curious because really do want the exterior carbon package. On my sheet the Performance package mentions some darkened elements like the lights and the dark chrome grille. I am wondering if a build that has both the performance package and the carbon exterior package might be able to add that T81 option for black running boards. WOuldn't you think a black radiator grill inserts in dark chrome and darkened lights may make sense to offer black running boards. I know it may not be the case, just curious.
Yes, Steven, I ordered the performance package and the dark chrome, but I didn’t order the exterior carbon fiber package package because I couldn’t order the running boards and exhaust tips and black with the exterior carbon fiber package, which doesn’t make sense, so I didn’t order the exterior carbon fiber package. I’ve posted my build sheet in a previous post if you want to look at it.
Old 07-17-2024, 04:34 PM

G63
I ordered it, it’s on my build sheet and has been accepted by Mercedes.
I know and I hope your order comes that way. I honestly think you may be the only lucky person to get it, since I see it on your build sheet. I even showed them that sheet and they said they have no clue how as that doesn't exist. Trust me, I want your spec to be what you have, as thats what I want. I got a copy of the email from Mercedes Benz directly stating it isn't possible so they are unclear how that dealer got those codes. I am way to OCD not to check, so I went directly to the source. I can try and post the email, just gotta figure it out
Either way I wish I got my order in as you did, since you got what will be the best looking!
Don't shoot the messenger

Last edited by MCMiami; 07-17-2024 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-17-2024, 04:41 PM

I know and I hope your order comes that way. I honestly think you may be the only lucky person to get it, since I see it on your build sheet. I even showed them that sheet and they said they have no clue how as that doesn't exist. Trust me, I want your spec to be what you have, as thats what I want. I got a copy of the email from Mercedes Benz directly stating it isn't possible so they are unclear how that dealer got those codes. I am way to OCD not to check, so I went directly to the source. I can try and post the email, just gotta figure it out
Either way I wish I got my order in as you did, since you got what will be the best looking!
Don't shoot the messenger
my order is frozen meaning I can’t make any changes and they’ve accepted my order. Supposedly, they’ve even moved my build date up from the first week of October, but I haven’t received an update as to when it’s going to be built other than the first week of October.

Last edited by Craig B; 07-17-2024 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-17-2024, 04:45 PM

G63
my order is frozen meaning I can’t make any changes and they’ve accepted my order. Supposedly, they’ve even moved my build date up from the first week of October, but I haven’t received an update as to when it’s going to be built other than the first week of October.
Thats great news regarding moved up. I don't see why your salesman would say its doable if it isn't. This leads me to believe MB made a mistake and you got the best end of it. Seems like they are really not sure whats going on. The email I have says only way to get the option you have and listed as that code just as you ordered (T81) is through DE9 or DF4 packages.
Old 07-17-2024, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G63 2022
Hi,
Dealer accepted the order on July15 with Sep build and called today to say Mercedes Factory emailed him that Carbon Fiber/Microfiber Steering Wheel (L6H) is not available. I was told to pick another wheel option or otherwise wait and it will delay the order. Did anyone hear about back order or out of stock Carbon Fiber Steering wheel?
Old 07-17-2024, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by YA777
Hi,
Dealer accepted the order on July15 with Sep build and called today to say Mercedes Factory emailed him that Carbon Fiber/Microfiber Steering Wheel (L6H) is not available. I was told to pick another wheel option or otherwise wait and it will delay the order. Did anyone hear about back order or out of stock Carbon Fiber Steering wheel?
I’ve heard of the shortage, but it hasn’t affected my build. I ordered mine earlier.
Old 07-17-2024, 06:31 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2023 G63 (Arabian Gray/Black), 2018 911 GTS (Black/Black), 2024 Macan GTS (Black/Black)
Originally Posted by YA777
Hi,
I was also unable to add the CF steering wheel because of the part shortage. My order was then locked without any warning. Do not wait for the CF steering wheel but rather select one of the two remaining options.
Old 07-17-2024, 06:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
GLE53
Has anyone heard of the "Superior Line Package" (DD5) not being available? I Went to my dealer to scope out a 550 for an October build with Nov/Dec delivery, to have him call me back saying the diamond stitching with bangle red was unavailable. I could only order the (DD4) Exclusive line package or wait for another allocation. Does this make sense?
Old 07-18-2024, 11:50 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
GTR
Thumbs up

I’m getting the black running boards and black exhaust tips without the night package, I ordered the black chrome instead of the night package. Look at my order. They changed the heated carbon fiber steering wheel for 25. You should get the AMG controls on the heated carbon fiber steering wheel for 25 is what I was told.

Hi Guys - I have updated my build to reflect removal of the exterior CF package and added the Night package which automatically added the night package II. I have also added the CF steering wheel but just to be safe I did not add heated steering wheel - (did someone say that heater steering wheel is now standard with the Warmth and Comfort package?) I don't want to lose the AMG control dials with the steering wheel so I intentionally did not add heated steering wheel because on my 2024 G63, choosing the heated steering wheel ended up deleting the AMG controls which I have on my 2023 GT and find very useful!

Any comments on my build with respect to improving it and making it more desirable for resale will be much appreciated. If you recommend additional options what are they?

Also, final question - the ones that have finalized the build of their G63, what kind of premium have agreed to pay for the allocation? Thank you!
Attached Files
Old 07-18-2024, 11:53 AM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
2021 Night Black Magno G63
Originally Posted by Mspec33
Hi Guys - I have updated my build to reflect removal of the exterior CF package and added the Night package which automatically added the night package II. I have also added the CF steering wheel but just to be safe I did not add heated steering wheel - (did someone say that heater steering wheel is now standard with the Warmth and Comfort package?) I don't want to lose the AMG control dials with the steering wheel so I intentionally did not add heated steering wheel because on my 2024 G63, choosing the heated steering wheel ended up deleting the AMG controls which I have on my 2023 GT and find very useful!

Any comments on my build with respect to improving it and making it more desirable for resale will be much appreciated. If you recommend additional options what are they?

Also, final question - the ones that have finalized the build of their G63, what kind of premium have agreed to pay for the allocation? Thank you!
perfect build in night black magno imho. You have all of the most desirable options selected. Truck will look amazing!
Mspec33 (07-18-2024)
Old 07-18-2024, 11:56 AM

G63

Looks great. So you got the performance package, and also able to get the monoblock wheels?
Mspec33 (07-18-2024)
Old 07-18-2024, 01:47 PM

The heated steering wheel comes with the AMG buttons for 25 is what I’ve been told. My 21 and now my 24 doesn’t have the AMG buttons.
The following 2 users liked this post by Craig B:
haa (07-18-2024), Mspec33 (07-18-2024)
Old 07-18-2024, 02:13 PM

GTR
Looks great. So you got the performance package, and also able to get the monoblock wheels?

yes, I was able to get the Monoblock wheels but had to add that option separately, if i were to select the cross spoke wheels, I think one would have to still add that as a separate standalone option
MCMiami (07-18-2024)
Old 07-19-2024, 11:22 AM

GTR
Originally Posted by EJKaufman
perfect build in night black magno imho. You have all of the most desirable options selected. Truck will look amazing!
I am a little torn between two tone leather versus solo color Bengal red ....or should I choose red pepper?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2025 Order Guide