G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

G63 Trunk/Cargo Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2024, 12:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
AMG G63 (2024), Alfa Romeo 4C Spider (2020), Jeep Wrangler 2-Door Rubicon (2018-manual transmission)
G63 Trunk/Cargo Question

I'm a newbie having owned my '24 G63 for a little over a month now. Thus far, it has been an incredible experience owning, driving, and learning more about vehicle. I find myself constantly thinking about it even when I'm not driving it. I suppose I've found a new interest/hobby/obsession... I've also met so many kind and helpful people on this forum, which has been an unexpected bonus.

Here is the latest on my ownership report - other than becoming a VIP member at my local gas station, I do have an additional observation. How do you guys keep your trunk well organized? The G-class trunk space has a lot of space vertically, but is not very wide at the horizontal level due to the rear wheel arches intruding in. That's the price we pay for its boxy design. As such, my grocery bags always tilt and fall over when I go shopping. I can place my gym bag in one corner but it will invariably end up in another corner once I arrive at my destination.

I mentioned it to my SA at MB last week, and he was very nice in immediately sending over an entire set of AMG rubber floor matts as a complimentary gift. I am, however, partial to the original AMG carpet floor matts and trunk covering. So am I the only one dealing with the trunk stability/organization issue? I'm a bit OCD when it comes to the neatness of my trunk. Should I just install the AMG rubber floor matts my SA sent me?

Your thoughts and recommendations are well appreciated.

P.S., For all you dads out there, have a very happy Fathers' Day!!!

Old 06-16-2024, 03:05 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
2023 G63 (Arabian Gray/Black), 2018 911 GTS (Black/Black)
Originally Posted by AmyC
I'm a newbie having owned my '24 G63 for a little over a month now. Thus far, it has been an incredible experience owning, driving, and learning more about vehicle. I find myself constantly thinking about it even when I'm not driving it. I suppose I've found a new interest/hobby/obsession... I've also met so many kind and helpful people on this forum, which has been an unexpected bonus.

Here is the latest on my ownership report - other than becoming a VIP member at my local gas station, I do have an additional observation. How do you guys keep your trunk well organized? The G-class trunk space has a lot of space vertically, but is not very wide at the horizontal level due to the rear wheel arches intruding in. That's the price we pay for its boxy design. As such, my grocery bags always tilt and fall over when I go shopping. I can place my gym bag in one corner but it will invariably end up in another corner once I arrive at my destination.

I mentioned it to my SA at MB last week, and he was very nice in immediately sending over an entire set of AMG rubber floor matts as a complimentary gift. I am, however, partial to the original AMG carpet floor matts and trunk covering. So am I the only one dealing with the trunk stability/organization issue? I'm a bit OCD when it comes to the neatness of my trunk. Should I just install the AMG rubber floor matts my SA sent me?

We are glad that you are enjoying your new G wagon and VIP status.

I use this Weathertech trunk organizer:

https://www.weathertech.com/cargotech/
The following users liked this post:
AmyC (06-17-2024)
Old 06-16-2024, 05:25 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
2018 Porsche 911 GT3 2021 Mercedes G 63
Originally Posted by AmyC

i find putting things closer to the rear seats keeps things from moving around. I have the Mercedes cargo mat and I have the all weather floor mats. My carpet mats are still in plastic. I had a 21 G 63 and have a 24 G 63 now.
desertg63 (06-18-2024)
Old 06-17-2024, 08:53 AM

Received 110 Likes on 93 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 AMG
I keep a Mercedes Benz collapsible shopping crate in my truck.

There also is the cargo organizer.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-mercedes-benz-parts/collapsible-shopping-crate/66470995/

Last edited by Chedman13; 06-17-2024 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-17-2024, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 948 Likes on 725 Posts
G550
Perforated rubber shelf/drawer liner (sold in rolls at most hardware and houseware stores) provides a non-skid interface between the cargo liner and collapsible milk crates.
Old 06-18-2024, 06:12 PM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
2021 G63; 2018 Aston Martin DB11
Just in case this helps. I use these daily. Great for storage.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/26638144511...emis&media=SMS

AmyC (06-18-2024)