G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

AMG63: Marks on 22" Cross-Spoke Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2024, 02:05 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
AMG G63 (2024), Ferrari Roma (2023), Alfa Romeo 4C Spider (2020)
Unhappy AMG63: Marks on 22" Cross-Spoke Wheels

Hi G fans!!! As I continue my adventure as a relative newbie of my '24, I'm delighted to report that I'm loving being a G63 owner. Other than spending more time at the gas station than I like, the truck has exceeded all of my expectations. For me personally, the most unique feature is that every time I climb into the vehicle, it feels like an "event/experience". I initially thought the visceral sensation was the "new car phase" and would eventually fade away. I'm extremely happy to report that I still get that feeling every single time without failure when I take it for a drive.

Now for a more direct question. My G63 is equipped with the 22" black "forged AMG cross-spoke" wheels. I was prepping my truck yesterday for a wash when I noticed a black notch on my rear right wheel. At first my heart dropped as I thought it was a curb rash I somehow hadn't noticed earlier. Upon further examination, however, I found all 4 wheels have the same small circular indented black notch.

I'm now left scratching my head. Do any of you G owners have these markings on your wheels? If so, do you know why MB/AMG placed them there?

Thanks in advance. Be safe.
Old 08-02-2024, 02:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,549 Likes on 2,167 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by AmyC
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...18b3bb3c9.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...f1c32b25c.jpeg
Hi G fans!!! As I continue my adventure as a relative newbie of my '24, I'm delighted to report that I'm loving being a G63 owner. Other than spending more time at the gas station than I like, the truck has exceeded all of my expectations. For me personally, the most unique feature is that every time I climb into the vehicle, it feels like an "event/experience". I initially thought the visceral sensation was the "new car phase" and would eventually fade away. I'm extremely happy to report that I still get that feeling every single time without failure when I take it for a drive.

Now for a more direct question. My G63 is equipped with the 22" black "forged AMG cross-spoke" wheels. I was prepping my truck yesterday for a wash when I noticed a black notch on my rear right wheel. At first my heart dropped as I thought it was a curb rash I somehow hadn't noticed earlier. Upon further examination, however, I found all 4 wheels have the same small circular indented black notch.

I'm now left scratching my head. Do any of you G owners have these markings on your wheels? If so, do you know why MB/AMG placed them there?

That is normal, all cars basically have that, it is used for tire balancing.
Old 08-02-2024, 02:53 PM

Received 126 Likes on 106 Posts
2018 Porsche 911 GT3 2021 Mercedes G 63
Originally Posted by AmyC

Yes, I had them on my 21 G 63 and now on my 24 G 63. It might be where they mark the tires to be mounted on the wheels for the best balance. That’s just a guess.
Old 08-02-2024, 05:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GLE53
Its a sticker. Mine just peeled off
Old 08-02-2024, 05:15 PM

Received 126 Likes on 106 Posts
2018 Porsche 911 GT3 2021 Mercedes G 63
Originally Posted by Fittske
Its a sticker. Mine just peeled off
That’s what I thought, I never felt an indentation. I just left them on.
Old 08-02-2024, 05:18 PM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
2021 G63; 2018 Aston Martin DB11
It is an experience each time in & out. Very thankful. Imo no other SUV like it. I concur, it should be a sticker on the wheel.

Old Yesterday, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 571 Likes on 374 Posts
2023 G63
Yup sticker on the wheel. On a side note it’s actually a good sign it’s a legit wheel because most of the fakes on eBay don’t bother with this detail. Obviously yours came with the car so all good. I’d leave it be unless it drives you nuts.