G Class (W465/W463A) W463 Produced 2019-2024: G550, G63 AMG W465 Produced 2025-

2019 G63 possibly being Lemoned

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2021 | 06:12 PM

2019 AMG G63, Porsche GT4, 1973 Porsche 911 hotrod
2019 G63 possibly being Lemoned

After 3 repair attempts and 59 days out of service my 2019 G63 with under 10k miles remains in the shop awaiting a part which they say is backordered for at least 2 weeks. Even once they have the part they are unsure it will resolve the issues with the vehicle. I just got off the phone with the "retention manager" at MB USA and must say am exceedingly unimpressed with their cold response to my issues. I've already filed with state Attorney General for lemon law and given the conversation with MB USA manager getting close to hiring an attorney who handles cases like this. Would like to keep the vehicle if they can repair it AND if MB will do something to offset my 2 months loss of use and troubles however so far it seems they would rather have me purchase my future vehicles from another manufacturer.

Fault codes continue to be unresolved and vehicle unsafe to drive as stability control/traction control and related systems continue to intermittently and randomly fault and fail.
Repairs related to:

ABS malfunction

Traction malfunction

Active break assist malfunction

Active lane keeping assist malfunction

Active distance assist malfunction

Active blind spot assist malfunction

Has anybody else gotten to this with point with MB over unrepairable vehicle? Is anybody from Mercedes Benz monitoring this forum and have any interest in contacting me to salvage a customer relationship?
Old 03-29-2021 | 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
This collection of fault codes makes the problem seem to be one of the ECUs. Even computers experience manufacturing defects, and many times it's easier to trash and replace than to diagnose and repair. Regarding MB's arrogant and indifferent attitude toward customers, they know that for every lost G customer, there are 10 more buyers filling out credit applications, so why should they care? I'll never buy another MB of any class, and am unsure how much longer I'll keep this one, even though it hasn't (yet) been a lemon - and all because MB thinks it is my privilege to own one of its products.
Old 03-29-2021 | 07:55 PM
haa

Had the same issue and messages. Dealer initially replaced the auxiliary battery and subsequently the differential module and also apparently the door harness which was recalled can generate similar error messages.
Old 03-30-2021 | 12:43 AM

'19 G63 Ed 1,'18 M5, '16 G63,'12 458 , '11 E63, Brabus SL55-K8, '10 S63, '94 E500 "Wolf", '91 560SEC
Originally Posted by NOPDK
After 3 repair attempts and 59 days out of service my 2019 G63 with under 10k miles remains in the shop awaiting a part which they say is backordered for at least 2 weeks. Even once they have the part they are unsure it will resolve the issues with the vehicle. I just got off the phone with the "retention manager" at MB USA and must say am exceedingly unimpressed with their cold response to my issues. I've already filed with state Attorney General for lemon law and given the conversation with MB USA manager getting close to hiring an attorney who handles cases like this. Would like to keep the vehicle if they can repair it AND if MB will do something to offset my 2 months loss of use and troubles however so far it seems they would rather have me purchase my future vehicles from another manufacturer.

Fault codes continue to be unresolved and vehicle unsafe to drive as stability control/traction control and related systems continue to intermittently and randomly fault and fail.
Repairs related to:

ABS malfunction

Traction malfunction

Active break assist malfunction

Active lane keeping assist malfunction

Active distance assist malfunction

Active blind spot assist malfunction

Has anybody else gotten to this with point with MB over unrepairable vehicle? Is anybody from Mercedes Benz monitoring this forum and have any interest in contacting me to salvage a customer relationship?
Had these codes as well on my '19. Diff recall fixed it and has been trouble-free since.
Old 03-30-2021 | 08:35 AM

2019 AMG G63, Porsche GT4, 1973 Porsche 911 hotrod
Had all of the recalls repaired and they replaced both front and rear radar modules, the computer module that controls them and a host of other sensors. Still faulting. Latest is they think the mount for the camera on the front windshield is not mounting the camera stably and the next repair is to replace the windshield. Of course that part is backordered 2 plus weeks. Dealership has been trying and staff is being attentive but the indifferent response from MB USA was offensive. Discussing with lemon law attorney today to see if I'm going to retain their services to resolve this. If MB is happy to loose a customer so be it.
Old 03-30-2021 | 10:43 AM
haa

Had all of the recalls repaired and they replaced both front and rear radar modules, the computer module that controls them and a host of other sensors. Still faulting. Latest is they think the mount for the camera on the front windshield is not mounting the camera stably and the next repair is to replace the windshield. Of course that part is backordered 2 plus weeks. Dealership has been trying and staff is being attentive but the indifferent response from MB USA was offensive. Discussing with lemon law attorney today to see if I'm going to retain their services to resolve this. If MB is happy to loose a customer so be it.
Have them recheck the differential module. Those are the error messages for that module failing.
Old 03-30-2021 | 11:58 AM

2024 G 63
What a nightmare. I'm sorry that you had to go through this. I don't understand why MB wasn't more supportive and sympathetic?

I bought a new Toyota Land Cruiser about 10 years ago, and it had all kinds of strange issues. It was frustrating because the problems were intermittent. I took it to the dealership multiple times, and they couldn't figure out what was causing the unusual behavior. Someone finally checked the ground wire(s), and they found one was loose. They fixed the ground, and that solved all of the problems. I also had a Ferrari that started acting strangely...all kinds of errors and strange behavior. Turned out it was a loose ground wire. This particular Ferrari had multiple ground wires at different locations throughout the car. The mechanic checked all of them until he found the one that was loose. He fixed it, and all the problems went away immediately.

You should mention this to your MB dealer, and ask if a loose ground wire(s) could be responsible for all of the problems you're having?

The following users liked this post:
Surge (03-21-2023)
Old 03-31-2021 | 01:39 AM

‘13 911-4S, ‘21 CTR, '22 GT4, ‘19 G63
Yes had these issues twice , module replaced and software updated
Old 03-31-2021 | 06:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Originally Posted by haa
Had the same issue and messages. Dealer initially replaced the auxiliary battery and subsequently the differential module and also apparently the door harness which was recalled can generate similar error messages.
Where is the aux battery on the 2019+ G?
Old 03-05-2023 | 02:43 AM

21 G63, 21 GLS580, 16 GTS Ed. 1
Originally Posted by streborx
would like to know also
Old 03-05-2023 | 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Originally Posted by streborx
I just replaced the main battery on my 2019 G550, and there is no aux battery located along side / underneath it as there is on earlier G models. If there is one, it's mounted somewhere else.
Has anyone experienced an aux battery problem enunciation on the dash display?