G Class (W465/W463A) W463 Produced 2019-2024: G550, G63 AMG W465 Produced 2025-

Factory Order - facelift changes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2021 | 02:45 PM

Panamera E-Hybrid, 488 GTB, Cayenne S Coupe
Factory Order - facelift changes

Decided last week to place an order for late 2021/early 2022 delivery of G400d (UK). Dealer told me some changes due for September onwards build, still to announce what they will be, so interested to see what will change.

I have (mainly) decided on hyacinth Red (cardinal red in US) with night pack and two-tone black A-band with Bengal red interior.

I was undecided between the red, mystic blue and classic (Arabian in US) grey... so many decisions and very difficult as none to view here in the UK.

Has anyone seen all three colours and have any opinions on them?

Last edited by Er488; 04-04-2021 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-04-2021 | 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 G63
I have the cardinal/hyacinth color and love it. I haven't seen the mystic blue or classic/arabian in person but they also look great in photos.

Agree I'm also interested in hearing if any changes will be coming for 2022.
Old 04-04-2021 | 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Hodog16
I have the cardinal/hyacinth color and love it. I haven't seen the mystic blue or classic/arabian in person but they also look great in photos.

Agree I'm also interested in hearing if any changes will be coming for 2022.
thanks - I tried to pm you but I don’t have enough rights yet!

Could you post some photos of your car? I am pretty OCD when it comes to swirls and marks - how have you found it to keep and how long have you had it?

I have seen photos of grey I love and others I hate, so really difficult to decide!

dealer has told me to expect interface upgrade !
Old 04-04-2021 | 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 G63
No problem feel free to PM me once you get enough rights .

Interface sounds like possible MBUX and that's the rumor another poster shared where the center console controls may change. Guess we will find out soon enough.

Had decent amount of swirls from the dealer, but it's keeping up well so far, I got it in December 2020 and have about 2000 miles on it. I had the paint corrected and ceramic coated with opticoat pro plus right after delivery and have a clear bra on the full front.

I have pictures of a G550 with night package in red that a local dealer had in stock last year as well as a picture of mine after it was detailed and in the sun, so you can see the difference in the shades depending on the lighting.

Last edited by Hodog16; 04-04-2021 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-06-2021 | 10:19 PM

2021 G63
Originally Posted by Er488
Decided last week to place an order for late 2021/early 2022 delivery of G400d (UK). Dealer told me some changes due for September onwards build, still to announce what they will be, so interested to see what will change.

I have (mainly) decided on hyacinth Red (cardinal red in US) with night pack and two-tone black A-band with Bengal red interior.

I was undecided between the red, mystic blue and classic (Arabian in US) grey... so many decisions and very difficult as none to view here in the UK.

Has anyone seen all three colours and have any opinions on them?
I placed my order (and deposit) for a UK G63 in January and was originally told to expect 12 months. Dealer called me a couple of weeks ago and told me I’ve been given a July build slot. Mine will therefore be a 2021 model which I was initially a little miffed about but have since been told by the dealer to expect a 20-25k price increase on the G63 post 2022 MY revisions.

Ordering one of these things in the UK isn’t exactly the experience you’d expect with a 170k vehicle (!!!!!) Is it? I was also told no vehicles to look at let alone a demonstrator to drive. I’ve gone for cavansite blue with Bengal red interior but may change before they lock the order as quite like the mystic blue too.......

Old 04-07-2021 | 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by islandboy242
I placed my order (and deposit) for a UK G63 in January and was originally told to expect 12 months. Dealer called me a couple of weeks ago and told me I’ve been given a July build slot. Mine will therefore be a 2021 model which I was initially a little miffed about but have since been told by the dealer to expect a 20-25k price increase on the G63 post 2022 MY revisions.

Ordering one of these things in the UK isn’t exactly the experience you’d expect with a 170k vehicle (!!!!!) Is it? I was also told no vehicles to look at let alone a demonstrator to drive. I’ve gone for cavansite blue with Bengal red interior but may change before they lock the order as quite like the mystic blue too.......
Similar problem for me, if you turn on PM I will send you a message.

I am looking forward to getting delivery but not an experience I’ve ever had ordering any other car - all very unusual!

I would like to get the bull bar but not sure if can get for the G400d/G550 or if legal in the UK...?
The following users liked this post:
muff0515 (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021 | 06:11 PM

2021 G63
Similar problem for me, if you turn on PM I will send you a message.

I am looking forward to getting delivery but not an experience I’ve ever had ordering any other car - all very unusual!

I would like to get the bull bar but not sure if can get for the G400d/G550 or if legal in the UK...?
I think I’ve turned on the PM function..... will be interested to hear who your dealer is!

Pretty sure the bull bars are out in our part of the world but worth checking.
Old 04-07-2021 | 06:22 PM

I think I’ve turned on the PM function..... will be interested to hear who your dealer is!

Pretty sure the bull bars are out in our part of the world but worth checking.

still seems to be off, may need to view in Desktop Mode if using mobile, link is below

https://mbworld.org/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

About the bullbars- that’s what the general comments seemed to be ☹️

Old 04-07-2021 | 06:30 PM

2021 G63
still seems to be off, may need to view in Desktop Mode if using mobile, link is below

https://mbworld.org/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

About the bullbars- that’s what the general comments seemed to be ☹️
I logged out and in again and think it’s solved it as just shot you a PM.