G Class (W465/W463A) W463 Produced 2019-2024: G550, G63 AMG W465 Produced 2025-

Need Advice: 170K MSRP, Dealer wants 65K: ADM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2021 | 04:17 PM

mclaren 720s
Originally Posted by Hodog16
The fact that the G rarely changes is a bonus for residual value - similar for Wranglers and 911s. Look at Range Rovers and Escalades - once the car is redesigned the old models look terribly outdated and their values drop like a rock.
great points
Old 07-17-2021 | 05:52 PM

2020 G63, 2016 Range Rover LWB
Originally Posted by Hodog16
The fact that the G rarely changes is a bonus for residual value - similar for Wranglers and 911s. Look at Range Rovers and Escalades - once the car is redesigned the old models look terribly outdated and their values drop like a rock.
Huge bonus.
Old 07-17-2021 | 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
With the current G market this is a very interesting time to buy one. The price is crazy, but the cost may not be, unless you plan on keeping it for a very long time. There's a lot of numbers to crunch between purchase price, interest and/or lease payments, and potential resale value. In some cases as has been pointed out, you could drive one for two years for very few dollars relatively speaking. Almost as if the depreciation is frozen in time, for however long that lasts!
The following users liked this post:
akg1984 (07-17-2021)
Old 07-17-2021 | 11:17 PM

G550
Originally Posted by spourreza
The bentley also costs 225k all in vs Urus at 268k. and it will depreciate a massive amount especially if you are driving 12k per year which is what could be reality if its a daily which our trucks are. My buddy traded his in and lost alot on it. IMHO, at 268k which was our build, its grossly overvalued… 225k for a Bentley is fair and the G is underpriced. I liked the Urus though for 60k more, I would rather have the Bentley as a second truck next to my G63 as dailies. Also, outside of the gurgles and speed, i happen to think the exterior of the car is too muted IMHO
Agree with you that G at MSRP is underpriced, but on principal Id rather buy an overpriced MSRP car like the Bentayga or Urus and feel less like Im getting bent over vs $xx ADM... Can always wait 1-2 years for a G at MSRP anyway, it's not like they are going to change it lol

I didnt realize the options on the Bentley didnt add up that much compared to the Urus. I could never find an options price guide for it so I assumed it was comparable to the Urus. That is a significant difference.

I would love to see an even more aggressive look for the Urus... and I wish they had figured out how to jam the V10 in there. If Bentley can have the W12, why cant they let Lambo have something better than a TTV8?
spourreza (07-18-2021)
Old 07-18-2021 | 08:14 AM

G63
Interesting comparison

Ive owned...5 G63, new and old..have my 6th coming

My wife has a RSQ8...maybe close to the same chassis. If a much different vehicle....the G63 feels "alive"....the audi, well it feels like a $60K audi.....until you step on the gas. the audi is very fast, but feels isolated

My wife prefers the RSQ8....as its comfy, air suspension, has ceramic brakes (she never washed her car so the wheels stay clean lol). He biggest complaint was the exhaust pipes and our 5 year old burning her leg on them getting in the G. The G is more of a boutique truck....I love them....but apples and oranges to anything else

The one I miss most is my 2018, I loved that truck

FatTony001 (07-21-2021)
Old 07-18-2021 | 08:23 AM

mclaren 720s
Originally Posted by Izzone
Interesting comparison

Ive owned...5 G63, new and old..have my 6th coming

My wife has a RSQ8...maybe close to the same chassis. If a much different vehicle....the G63 feels "alive"....the audi, well it feels like a $60K audi.....until you step on the gas. the audi is very fast, but feels isolated

My wife prefers the RSQ8....as its comfy, air suspension, has ceramic brakes (she never washed her car so the wheels stay clean lol). He biggest complaint was the exhaust pipes and our 5 year old burning her leg on them getting in the G. The G is more of a boutique truck....I love them....but apples and oranges to anything else

The one I miss most is my 2018, I loved that truck
that sounds consistent… my wife doesnt like the G… she says its too bouncy, too much wind noise and not enough space lol. she still calls it an overpriced Jeep… I tell her, thats every reason why I love it!
FatTony001 (07-21-2021)
Old 07-18-2021 | 08:27 AM

G63
Originally Posted by spourreza
that sounds consistent… my wife doesnt like the G… she says its too bouncy, too much wind noise and not enough space lol. she still calls it an overpriced Jeep… I tell her, thats every reason why I love it!
Ive found ordering a G63 with the trail pack makes it a much better ride...I would not consider one without trail pack

in normal mode its a bit softer, but not too soft

In sport mode it stiffens it up just enough
spourreza (07-19-2021)