G Class (W465/W463A) W463 Produced 2019-2024: G550, G63 AMG W465 Produced 2025-

Finding a G550 at MSRP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2021 | 07:21 PM

Nissan GTR
Finding a G550 at MSRP

Hello forum members. I recently sold my 2016 LX570 and looking to get a new G550. Never owned a G before but looking forward to buy one and enjoy it for years to come. Not new to Mercedes in general.
Anyways, I wanted to know if anyone has any leads on buying a 2021 G550 at MSRP. I live in the DMV (Washington DC Metropolitan) region and would not be opposed to traveling ~500 miles. If it's anything further than that I would just get it shipped to my house.

I went to Mercedes Benz of Tysons about a month ago, they had a beautiful White on Red G550 parked inside. MSRP was $157k but they wanted 25k over. The best they could do was $22k over. I was ready to pay MSRP + taxes and fees etc. Even offered 2k over MSRP. Quite ridiculous I thought considering this car has been out for 3+ years now. The dealer then proceeded to tell me I cant even order one and agree on a price. They will have me order it then price it according to market whenever it gets here.

Anyways, that experience got me searching and I looked at and called various dealers within a 200 mile radius. Almost every dealer I called had already sold the car. And if they didn't they told me there is a 15-20k markup on the G550s. However, this one dealership I called (Mercedes Benz of Lancaster in PA) told me they had already sold the particular model I called about but I can come in and place an order to get one at MSRP- it will arrive next year sometime. Since I figured placing an order is my best bet I then reached out to another local dealer (Mercedes Benz of Chantilly) to try and place an order. They said they will charge 15k over MRSP.

I understand they are overcharging because of the current market but from talking to the salespersons/managers it seems like they are worried one will buy it and then try to flip it for profit. I bought a Range Rover back in 2014 and they made me sign some document saying I am not allowed to sell it for 2 years. Apparently lots of ppl were buying new RRs and shipping them to China lol. I don't mind signing something like that either if needed.

From what it seems like, theres no consistency in pricing. Out of all 6 Mercedes Benz dealers that I reached out to only the Lancaster salesperson told me they don't markup if I order. Either that salesperson was clueless, or they are indeed the place I should order my G from. I am a serious and motivated buyer who wants to get a G550 asap but also not pay over MSRP. Ideally I get one before the end of the year but not opposed to waiting for it to come in 2022.

Never have I been so frustrated in car shopping and I've owned everything from Nissans to Porsches to BMWs.
Looking for guidance on if any forum member knows a US dealership or has connections where I can get one for MSRP (if they have one in stock) or place a confirmed order that I will get it at MSRP when it arrives. I want the G550 in Black or White with a Red interior. Other options don't matter to me. Any leads on this would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-15-2021 | 01:19 PM

S580
Not to be a bummer but the g class is one of the fastest selling SUVs. And to top it off, the type of person shopping for one can afford to pay over sticker. Another thing going against you is the lack of inventory new and used.
Old 09-15-2021 | 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Originally Posted by cooldude346
Hello forum members. I recently sold my 2016 LX570 and looking to get a new G550. Never owned a G before but looking forward to buy one and enjoy it for years to come. Not new to Mercedes in general.
Anyways, I wanted to know if anyone has any leads on buying a 2021 G550 at MSRP. I live in the DMV (Washington DC Metropolitan) region and would not be opposed to traveling ~500 miles. If it's anything further than that I would just get it shipped to my house.

I went to Mercedes Benz of Tysons about a month ago, they had a beautiful White on Red G550 parked inside. MSRP was $157k but they wanted 25k over. The best they could do was $22k over. I was ready to pay MSRP + taxes and fees etc. Even offered 2k over MSRP. Quite ridiculous I thought considering this car has been out for 3+ years now. The dealer then proceeded to tell me I cant even order one and agree on a price. They will have me order it then price it according to market whenever it gets here.
As a newbie to the forum, you may not have yet reviewed some of the more recent threads that have been posted regarding G Wagen availability. About 5 weeks ago MBUSA announced that production of MY2022 G550s, G63s, and almost the entire corral of V8 equipped MBs is being suspended until further notice. Rumors abound, but popular opinion is that MB has encountered EPA compliance troubles, possibly aggravated with the industry-wide semiconductor shortage. No USA G Class vehicles in 2022 has turned the market into a frenzy. You can easily still score a G63 if your purse holds $300K + out-the-door fees, but right now even Kias are selling over MSRP, so finding a G anywhere close to MSRP is a fool's errand. Gs at MSRP have always been rare and currently are an extinct species. The Tyson deal you turned down was probably your best chance to snare a G550 for under $200K. Carfax values my 2019 G550 (10K miles) at $159K as of last week.

Last edited by streborx; 09-15-2021 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-15-2021 | 02:57 PM

2009 E350 Sport (gone) 2012 E350 (gone ) 2014 E63s ( gone ) 2016 E63S Diamond white 2019 E63s AMG

Anyways, that experience got me searching and I looked at and called various dealers within a 200 mile radius. Almost every dealer I called had already sold the car. And if they didn't they told me there is a 15-20k markup on the G550s. However, this one dealership I called (Mercedes Benz of Lancaster in PA) told me they had already sold the particular model I called about but I can come in and place an order to get one at MSRP- it will arrive next year sometime. Since I figured placing an order is my best bet I then reached out to another local dealer (Mercedes Benz of Chantilly) to try and place an order. They said they will charge 15k over MRSP.

I understand they are overcharging because of the current market but from talking to the salespersons/managers it seems like they are worried one will buy it and then try to flip it for profit. I bought a Range Rover back in 2014 and they made me sign some document saying I am not allowed to sell it for 2 years. Apparently lots of ppl were buying new RRs and shipping them to China lol. I don't mind signing something like that either if needed.

From what it seems like, theres no consistency in pricing. Out of all 6 Mercedes Benz dealers that I reached out to only the Lancaster salesperson told me they don't markup if I order. Either that salesperson was clueless, or they are indeed the place I should order my G from. I am a serious and motivated buyer who wants to get a G550 asap but also not pay over MSRP. Ideally I get one before the end of the year but not opposed to waiting for it to come in 2022.

Never have I been so frustrated in car shopping and I've owned everything from Nissans to Porsches to BMWs.
Looking for guidance on if any forum member knows a US dealership or has connections where I can get one for MSRP (if they have one in stock) or place a confirmed order that I will get it at MSRP when it arrives. I want the G550 in Black or White with a Red interior. Other options don't matter to me. Any leads on this would be appreciated. Thanks
If you interested I might know dealership that has one. PM me for more info
Old 09-18-2021 | 12:14 AM

2021 G63; 2018 Aston Martin DB11
Purchased 2019 G550 today. 16k miles. $167,690. Priced at market average.
Old 09-18-2021 | 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Originally Posted by dcarrer0
Was this from a dealer or from a private party? IMO prices haven't yet peaked.
Old 09-18-2021 | 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by streborx
Was this from a dealer or from a private party? IMO prices haven't yet peaked.
It was from a dealer. Certified too.

Old 09-18-2021 | 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Beautiful truck - you won't regret the buy.
Old 09-18-2021 | 08:35 AM

Beautiful truck - you won't regret the buy.
I have always wanted one. Have driven it twice now and absolutely love it! Thanks!
Old 09-18-2021 | 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
I have always wanted one. Have driven it twice now and absolutely love it! Thanks!
Once you kill the lane keep assist and put it in sport mode to kill the ECO Start/Stop, I agree. Even at 7500 ft altitude here in CO, the twin turbo's a blast!
The following users liked this post:
dcarrer0 (09-22-2021)
Old 09-18-2021 | 08:26 PM

2020 G550
Nice find.

Looks familiar
Old 09-18-2021 | 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Ftedd
Nice find.

Looks familiar
lol. Awesome!
Old 09-18-2021 | 10:54 PM

G63
its only frustrating if you don't accept reality and pay a small premium! Just do it and don't look back
Old 09-18-2021 | 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by g63bob
its only frustrating if you don't accept reality and pay a small premium! Just do it and don't look back
Default!
Old 09-22-2021 | 12:11 PM

2021 G63

My friend, I unfortunately went through your exact experience. Unless you have a strong purchase history and relationship with a dealer, you will not get one at MSRP. There have been waitlists since 2019 when the new body came out, and they are of limited production - hand built coming out of Austria. They don't pump out the same number of G’s as they do Range Rovers.

BEFORE they cancelled the G for 2022, I called nearly 40 dealerships across the country over 3 months and it was exhausting. Sales reps were *******s, GMs were even worse. It was unlike any car buying experience I’ve ever been through. They know what they have and they’re successful in getting ridiculous markups. Here is just one of the threads that have a discussion on it (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w...ml#post8392542). G63s were at a minimum of $30k over, and 550s were at $15k over. Again, this was BEFORE they stopped making the G for next year.

With that being said, do not place an order with a dealer for a ‘22 - that dealer doesn’t know which way is up if they’re selling you a ‘22.

You either need to A) bite the bullet and pay an ADM, B) find a used one, C) or move on.

I chose option A, and couldn’t be happier.
Old 09-22-2021 | 12:26 PM

2021 G63
Once you kill the lane keep assist and put it in sport mode to kill the ECO Start/Stop, I agree. Even at 7500 ft altitude here in CO, the twin turbo's a blast!
Is there a way to permanently kill the LKA?? I turn it off every time I start the car and its a pain in the a**. It’s very, very aggressive and alarming when it kicks in moves the car back. Almost seems more dangerous than drifting over the side line. Haha.

Everything I’ve seen is a temporary fix outside of covering the sensor up.
Old 09-22-2021 | 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Originally Posted by AC925
Is there a way to permanently kill the LKA?? I turn it off every time I start the car and its a pain in the a**. It’s very, very aggressive and alarming when it kicks in moves the car back. Almost seems more dangerous than drifting over the side line. Haha.

Everything I’ve seen is a temporary fix outside of covering the sensor up.
I yanked the LKA switch module out and added a circuit that simulates pushing the deactivate push button. PM me for more info.
Old 09-23-2021 | 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
I received an unsolicited offer from a MB dealer via Carfax wanting to purchase my '19 G550 w/11K miles for $146K. I'm guessing they can flip the truck in 48 hours for +$15K.
Old 09-24-2021 | 08:19 AM

2020 G550
Same here...right before the summer I traded in my 2017 G63 and got a 2020 G550 for $160K with 10K miles from an MB dealer in CT. I went thru the same thing looking for a new one...hard to find new that aren't spoken for already (even G550).
You might be better off going down the road of the "slightly" used to find one at a reasonable price.....
Old 09-24-2021 | 09:41 AM

G63 E63S
went through this. they have had markup since the beginning. you'll end up paying markup. I know i did!

im a car guy too who is always looking for deals, but the G is different.
Old 09-24-2021 | 10:28 PM

G550
Just picked up my 21 G550 from the dealer at MSRP. Thankfully these guys have ethics so there was no last minute ADM.

They had a 2019 G550 marked for sale sitting next to mine in the holding area, asking 199k .... 50k more than they sold me my new one.

There are no reasonable prices right now for new or used.

If you're gonna pay over MSRP may as well buy a new one.
The following users liked this post:
tonygwagon (09-25-2021)
Old 09-25-2021 | 10:36 AM

G550
Originally Posted by Deezwho
Just picked up my 21 G550 from the dealer at MSRP. Thankfully these guys have ethics so there was no last minute ADM.

They had a 2019 G550 marked for sale sitting next to mine in the holding area, asking 199k .... 50k more than they sold me my new one.

There are no reasonable prices right now for new or used.

If you're gonna pay over MSRP may as well buy a new one.
Congrats on your new ride! Glad you posted this because everyone on this forum seems to think it's impossible to get a new G at MSRP. I think the majority of folks paying ADM are posting to make themselves feel better. Misery loves company.
Old 09-27-2021 | 04:25 PM

G550
I have 2019 G550 AMG Package, Black on Black 26 K miles. Contact me if any one interested.
Old 09-27-2021 | 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'25 EQG deposit, '23 MC20 Cielo, '20 Fat Boy
2020 G550 with lots of extras, Yacht Blue/Black with Zen wood, 6k miles, MB extended warranty, PPF & Ceramic, perfect: $215k:

Old 09-27-2021 | 08:49 PM

G550
Originally Posted by Bob Z.
2020 G550 with lots of extras, Yacht Blue/Black with Zen wood, 6k miles, MB extended warranty, PPF & Ceramic, perfect: $215k:
Bob over here trying to cash in on the hype!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finding a G550 at MSRP