G Class (W465/W463A) W463 Produced 2019-2024: G550, G63 AMG W465 Produced 2025-

Facelift W463A G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2022 | 06:57 PM

G550
Originally Posted by cryptopreneur
All I can see from this thread is that it has been hijacked by a certain poster who seems to provide no value BUT that "19-21 PRICES ARE GONNA TANK!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!!"

Not sure why you're trying to get your message across so hard... you seem kinda desperate.

Two things:

1) Most people that paid over MSRP don't really care if prices fall.

2) I can make up posts like "My dealer CONFIRMED that the 2023 G63 will be a full hybrid". You're saying your dealer confirmed a MAJOR change to the '23 G63 and yet most dealers don't even know what's going to happen in 2022.

We get it, you want 19-21 prices to tank.

This.

G63s were already selling above MSRP in most major markets before the 2022 cancellation. Doubt much will change facelift or not.

All my dealer can confirm is that they have not yet opened the order books for any new G wagons in the USA. Everything else is speculation.
The following 2 users liked this post by Deezwho:
cryptopreneur (01-08-2022), places (01-09-2022)
Old 01-09-2022 | 09:26 AM
haa

I know I will be lynched for this but there should be room for different opinions in these forums without name calling and wild accusations of market manipulation. I am also of the opinion that the prices of the current G63 will drop significantly once the new model is introduced for 4 reasons:

1- Current halt of production for US market for obscure reasons will end in 2022 according to all dealers I spoke to.
2- Current prices are too high even with the halt of production as evidenced by the growing number of overpriced inventory available for sale on autotrader lingering in dealer lots despite the halt in production.
3- Global chip and supply shortages are easing.
4- The new G will show changes visible both on the inside and outside with new tech features that cannot be retroactively fitted to the current cars.

This Is not to say that the current G will be worthless but the change will be similar to the effect of the 2019 model vs the 2018 and prior models in 2019. By the end of 2023 I do not believe anyone will be paying more than 10-20K over MSRP except in some crazy hot markets like Southern California just like the vast majority of us got our Gs at MSRP between 2019 and 1st half of 2021.

As far as the used ones, in late 2021 the trade in values skyrocketed 40% due to the production halts so expect those values by the end of 2022 to be even lower than early 2021 due to the effect of the facelift so probably about 40-45% drop from current trade in values.

And before anyone accuses me of market manipulation I am disclosing that I am not an auto dealer and I have previously purchased a 2010 G550, 2011 G55, 2013 G63, 2X2015 G63s, 2019 1st edition G63, and 2021 G63. I currently still own my 2015 and 2021 G63s and will probably trade one of them for a 2023 G63 and I am 2nd in line at my Midwest dealership.

Last edited by haa; 01-09-2022 at 09:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
michelleMB (01-09-2022)
Old 01-09-2022 | 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No more MB:(
Originally Posted by haa
I know I will be lynched for this but there should be room for different opinions in these forums without name calling and wild accusations of market manipulation. I am also of the opinion that the prices of the current G63 will drop significantly once the new model is introduced for 4 reasons:

1- Current halt of production for US market for obscure reasons will end in 2022 according to all dealers I spoke to.
2- Current prices are too high even with the halt of production as evidenced by the growing number of overpriced inventory available for sale on autotrader lingering in dealer lots despite the halt in production.
3- Global chip and supply shortages are easing.
4- The new G will show changes visible both on the inside and outside with new tech features that cannot be retroactively fitted to the current cars.

This Is not to say that the current G will be worthless but the change will be similar to the effect of the 2019 model vs the 2018 and prior models in 2019. By the end of 2023 I do not believe anyone will be paying more than 10-20K over MSRP except in some crazy hot markets like Southern California just like the vast majority of us got our Gs at MSRP between 2019 and 1st half of 2021.

As far as the used ones, in late 2021 the trade in values skyrocketed 40% due to the production halts so expect those values by the end of 2022 to be even lower than early 2021 due to the effect of the facelift so probably about 40-45% drop from current trade in values.

And before anyone accuses me of market manipulation I am disclosing that I am not an auto dealer and I have previously purchased a 2010 G550, 2011 G55, 2013 G63, 2X2015 G63s, 2019 1st edition G63, and 2021 G63. I currently still own my 2015 and 2021 G63s and will probably trade one of them for a 2023 G63 and I am 2nd in line at my Midwest dealership.
As for the face lift, most people won't even be able to tell to difference unless they follow the brand closely. This has been Mercedes model for decades.

As for prices, the demand is so deep and market under supplied that even with a refresh secondary prices will hardly move. Coupled with an empty 2022, the list grows, more people want G's now than last year. The global luxury market is on fire. If anything the 21's remain just as strong and the 23's sell for an obvious premium. Shy of a nasty recession or geopolitical event, expect the G market to remain strong. Dealers drive this market. They will continue to "feed" the demand slowly and with huge premiums. Prices aren't going anywhere.
cryptopreneur (01-09-2022)
Old 01-09-2022 | 10:08 AM

G550
Originally Posted by places
As for the face lift, most people won't even be able to tell to difference unless they follow the brand closely. This has been Mercedes model for decades.

As for prices, the demand is so deep and market under supplied that even with a refresh secondary prices will hardly move. Coupled with an empty 2022, the list grows, more people want G's now than last year. The global luxury market is on fire. If anything the 21's remain just as strong and the 23's sell for an obvious premium. Shy of a nasty recession or geopolitical event, expect the G market to remain strong. Dealers drive this market. They will continue to "feed" the demand slowly and with huge premiums. Prices aren't going anywhere.

in Central FL new models on the lot were fetching 10-20k ADM last January when 2022 was still on the table.

Once they announce the 2023 how long do you think the waitlist is going to be for people who “only” want to pay MSRP, at least 2 years?

They don’t produce Gs fast enough for the market to collapse in the short term. Especially given the EQG is still expected by 2024 which means gas versions will presumably compete for build slots.

The following 2 users liked this post by Deezwho:
cryptopreneur (01-09-2022), places (01-09-2022)
Old 01-09-2022 | 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Deezwho
in Central FL new models on the lot were fetching 10-20k ADM last January when 2022 was still on the table.

Once they announce the 2023 how long do you think the waitlist is going to be for people who “only” want to pay MSRP, at least 2 years?

They don’t produce Gs fast enough for the market to collapse in the short term. Especially given the EQG is still expected by 2024 which means gas versions will presumably compete for build slots.
List is deep, two years quite realistic if not longer. Also don't be surprised if dealers stop taking orders, much like some watch brands. Or actually charge MORE to order.
Old 01-09-2022 | 01:08 PM

2023 G550
List is deep, two years quite realistic if not longer. Also don't be surprised if dealers stop taking orders, much like some watch brands. Or actually charge MORE to order.
Alz I know is once the All Electric-G comes out, I will gladly pay $50k to $75k over MSRP for it, albeit I suppose it will easily fetch a good $100k plus over for the first few years after it'a launched. I think the ICE-G's will start to decline, once the Electric-G arrives. The green revolution is moving like a freight train now. We bought a beaut Tesla, and we just love it, although I also have my diesel Jeep for diversification purposes, until the electric infrastructure is a bit more built out.
The following 2 users liked this post by JetRanger:
jghuman (01-09-2022), michelleMB (01-09-2022)
Old 01-09-2022 | 06:12 PM

G63
Market is undersupplied because of significant order demand. When the updated version is available to order, nobody will want to take delivery of the 'older' model if they can get away with not much loss, and there will be a flood on the second hand market.

Look, I own a G63 and don't want the prices to tank either. But at the same time I'm a realist - evidence with every other car in history, even limited GT P cars, and supercars, when a update or new model comes out, or when manudacturers go beyond their originally quoted production numbers, prices drop like a stone

Time will tell I guess. This is a luxury item. Nobody needs a G and the people who do buy them don't like to compromise.
Old 01-09-2022 | 06:22 PM

2023 G550
Originally Posted by g63bob
Market is undersupplied because of significant order demand. When the updated version is available to order, nobody will want to take delivery of the 'older' model if they can get away with not much loss, and there will be a flood on the second hand market.

Look, I own a G63 and don't want the prices to tank either. But at the same time I'm a realist - evidence with every other car in history, even limited GT P cars, and supercars, when a update or new model comes out, or when manudacturers go beyond their originally quoted production numbers, prices drop like a stone

Time will tell I guess. This is a luxury item. Nobody needs a G and the people who do buy them don't like to compromise.
Yup, everybody wants the ‘new and better’ model. Keeping ahead of ‘The Jones,’ I guess.
Old 01-09-2022 | 06:25 PM

G550

In principle I agree with you. But when the waitlist ends up being 2 years or longer lots of people will have to settle for the older version if that’s all they can get even if it’s just a placeholder till they can get the new one.

Maybe we’re biased on this forum but I’m not really cross shopping the G with any other truck and I’m guessing most people looking for a G feel the same

Facelift isn’t going to be a paradigm change like electric will be. I think that’s where you will see major changes in desirability.
Old 01-09-2022 | 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"flood" the market how? LOL. These are not regular vehicles with endless supply. There will be a two year wait, G's are not a dime a dozen. 23's will seep into the market. I think the word "tank" is pretty dramatic. 23's will simply command an even greater premium than the 21's did. It's a different world today, luxury makers have gained control of the market and are not going to relinquish it. Dealers will slow feed the 23's and control values. People that buy G's with a premium and end up paying over sticker is called a compromise.
The following 2 users liked this post by places:
Jagdpanzer (01-10-2022), SixPointThree (01-10-2022)
Old 01-10-2022 | 02:53 AM

Mercedes G63
Originally Posted by JetRanger
Alz I know is once the All Electric-G comes out, I will gladly pay $50k to $75k over MSRP for it, albeit I suppose it will easily fetch a good $100k plus over for the first few years after it'a launched. I think the ICE-G's will start to decline, once the Electric-G arrives. The green revolution is moving like a freight train now. We bought a beaut Tesla, and we just love it, although I also have my diesel Jeep for diversification purposes, until the electric infrastructure is a bit more built out.
Not me, I wont pay over sticker for an electric G63, or I will go brand shopping. Especially to give up that v8 sound for the whirl of a golf cart. No matter the performance of 0-60 times. Many G wagons now are fetching 100 over, or were. They have softened a bit I guess. I came from the electrical industry and I think what looks like a good deal now to have an EV milage wise, will eventually get taxed to make up for the road taxes lost from switching over. The infrastructure isn't there yet and the range is not there yet, there is battery degradation over time. Typically 2% per year! I would rather fill up in 5 mins then try to find a place to plug into out in middle of nowhere and then have to wait how long to charge. Don't get me wrong, it is coming but there are still limitations. Eventually the infrastructure will be there, and the range, better battery technology, and maybe quicker charge times etc. But the best part of driving my G63 is the sound and I don't know if I could give that up. Many will, and either I will have to change or move on I guess (: When everyone is on board and we need all that lithium, I wonder how many will scream about the boring and strip mining since now we are green.

Last edited by Jagdpanzer; 01-10-2022 at 03:04 AM.
places (01-10-2022)
Old 01-10-2022 | 06:58 AM

2018 Porsche 911 GT3 2021 Mercedes G 63
Some guy blew up his 2013 Tesla model S after purchasing it used, owned it for 1 1/2 years and the battery went bad. Cost of replacing the battery was $22K, so he decided to blow up his car instead, LoL!
Jagdpanzer (01-10-2022)
Old 01-10-2022 | 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Craig B
Some guy blew up his 2013 Tesla model S after purchasing it used, owned it for 1 1/2 years and the battery went bad. Cost of replacing the battery was $22K, so he decided to blow up his car instead, LoL!
I saw that too, hilarious!
Old 01-10-2022 | 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Newer is always different, but is not always better. I like my '19 G550 for what it is, not for what it's worth (or will be) or for whom it might impress. I don't need to re-learn new infotainment system operation, how to bypass/disable the latest annoying driver assistance feature, or to deal with a new list of safety recalls every 2 years just to have temporary plates on what's parked in my driveway for neighbors to see. "Upgrading" to whatever's in the Magna Steyr pipeline is not in my transportation plans. I'm not losing sleep over being on a 2+ year waitlist or getting screwed over with some absurd ADM.
The following 2 users liked this post by streborx:
Jagdpanzer (01-10-2022), places (01-10-2022)
Old 01-10-2022 | 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by streborx
Newer is always different, but is not always better. I like my '19 G550 for what it is, not for what it's worth (or will be) or for whom it might impress. I don't need to re-learn new infotainment system operation, how to bypass/disable the latest annoying driver assistance feature, or to deal with a new list of safety recalls every 2 years just to have temporary plates on what's parked in my driveway for neighbors to see. "Upgrading" to whatever's in the Magna Steyr pipeline is not in my transportation plans. I'm not losing sleep over being on a 2+ year waitlist or getting screwed over with some absurd ADM.
There is the "core" G owner, who loves the G for all the right reasons and then the trend followers who will never learn how the lockers or even low range operate. However they can post their pics and match their outfits with their G and are happy yo pay the premium just the can say they have the latest!
Old 01-10-2022 | 10:04 AM

2018 Porsche 911 GT3 2021 Mercedes G 63
There is the "core" G owner, who loves the G for all the right reasons and then the trend followers who will never learn how the lockers or even low range operate. However they can post their pics and match their outfits with their G and are happy yo pay the premium just the can say they have the latest!
LoL, and some people put them away for winter. I purchased mine to use and have my winter tires installed.
Old 01-10-2022 | 10:30 AM

Mercedes G63
Originally Posted by Craig B
LoL, and some people put them away for winter. I purchased mine to use and have my winter tires installed.
I am that guy, at least for a while. I will let the salt and gravel and bad drivers attack my truck instead. In fact someone on a cell phone slid into my bumper hitch a week ago and I am glad it wasn't the G63. My massive hitch tore up their bumper but didn't hurt the pig lol
Old 01-10-2022 | 11:31 AM

Mercedes G63
All the right reasons! I don't think if someone was a trend follower, or what clothes they wore, or maybe didn't use their lockers or low range, that they owned it for the wrong reason. It is just that they may have a different prerogative than you probably do. There is no criteria or check list to own a G wagon so why judge. I grew up on a farm and in another job was a heavy equipment operator for years. I know how everything works but if I don't use a button I don't fit in lol. No disrespect but come on man. Just because you have a pair of running shoes doesn't mean you have to be a world class athlete.

Last edited by Jagdpanzer; 01-10-2022 at 02:45 PM.
batmobl (01-10-2022)
Old 01-10-2022 | 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer
I am that guy, at least for a while. I will let the salt and gravel and bad drivers attack my truck instead. In fact someone on a cell phone slid into my bumper hitch a week ago and I am glad it wasn't the G63. My massive hitch tore up their bumper but didn't hurt the pig lol
Same experience - I was at a metered expressway on-ramp a couple years ago, and a moron in a minivan behind me was too busy texting to be concerned with driving. He drifted into my Lexus on which my ball hitch was mounted. He wrecked his license plate and punched a hole in his front bumper. My ball hitch got scratched, but I told him not to worry about it. In retrospect, I regret not raising hell just for the fun of it.
Jagdpanzer (01-10-2022)
Old 01-10-2022 | 06:06 PM

G63
I agree, I would consider myself a "core" G owner, but like it or not, we are a minority and the majority buying them are rich housewives, rapper wannabes, actual rappers, gangster wannabes, actual gangsters, wealthy wannabes and actual wealthy individuals - who only care about the "image". These are the people that drive the market for this car unfortunately.
Old 01-10-2022 | 06:50 PM

Mercedes G63
I agree, I would consider myself a "core" G owner, but like it or not, we are a minority and the majority buying them are rich housewives, rapper wannabes, actual rappers, gangster wannabes, actual gangsters, wealthy wannabes and actual wealthy individuals - who only care about the "image". These are the people that drive the market for this car unfortunately.
Respectfully this is not at you directly but a general question. What is a core G owner actually? Someone that flips a button, drives a trail and proclaims the title. Or could it be purists that enjoy the refinement of very capable vehicle, or the heritage and exclusivity of something cool that holds its value well. Rich housewives, wealthy wannabes, gangsters, rappers, rock and rollers, drive all kinds of things besides Gs. I play music and it's the same thing on some guitar forums. U aren't a player and don't deserve that guitar unless that fancy guitar has some scratches on it from the last concert you did in front of 50000 people. It sounds more like envy and social class stereotyping than anything.

Last edited by Jagdpanzer; 01-10-2022 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-10-2022 | 07:11 PM

'19 G63 Ed 1,'18 M5, '16 G63,'12 458 , '11 E63, Brabus SL55-K8, '10 S63, '94 E500 "Wolf", '91 560SEC
There are also the folks needing the 179 deduction that will help keep values up. Not sure how large that population is, the local dealers said there wasn't much year end movement on their units.
Jagdpanzer (01-10-2022)
Old 01-10-2022 | 07:48 PM

G63
Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer
Respectfully this is not at you directly but a general question. What is a core G owner actually? Someone that flips a button, drives a trail and proclaims the title. Or could it be purists that enjoy the refinement of very capable vehicle, or the heritage and exclusivity of something cool that holds its value well. Rich housewives, wealthy wannabes, gangsters, rappers, rock and rollers, drive all kinds of things besides Gs. I play music and it's the same thing on some guitar forums. U aren't a player and don't deserve that guitar unless that fancy guitar has some scratches on it from the last concert you did in front of 50000 people. It sounds more like envy and social class stereotyping than anything.
According to @places , a "core" G owner is someone "who loves the G for all the right reasons". I am assuming this means they appreciate its capability, take it off road from time to time, care about its history/heritage, they're not flippers and probably don't care about its value where it goes up or down.

I am sure
Rich housewives, wealthy wannabes, gangsters, rappers, rock and rollers, drive all kinds of things besides Gs, but you can't deny the fact that the vast majority of G drivers are; Rich housewives, wealthy wannabes, gangsters, rappers, rock and rollers - basically buying it for the image. No different to the vast majority who buy a rolex or AP watch for the status rather than the true appreciation of the craftsmnship/heritage/cutting edge horology.

With that said, any true off road enthusiast will recognise how capable a G Wagon is, but knows there are dozens of much more capable off roaders at a much lower price point, that you can truly accessorize and modify to tackle real trails/tracks. Even "core" G Owners are only taking them to light trails and the odd snow trip.
Old 01-10-2022 | 10:04 PM

Mercedes G63
According to @places , a "core" G owner is someone "who loves the G for all the right reasons". I am assuming this means they appreciate its capability, take it off road from time to time, care about its history/heritage, they're not flippers and probably don't care about its value where it goes up or down.

I am sure
Rich housewives, wealthy wannabes, gangsters, rappers, rock and rollers, drive all kinds of things besides Gs, but you can't deny the fact that the vast majority of G drivers are; Rich housewives, wealthy wannabes, gangsters, rappers, rock and rollers - basically buying it for the image. No different to the vast majority who buy a rolex or AP watch for the status rather than the true appreciation of the craftsmnship/heritage/cutting edge horology.

With that said, any true off road enthusiast will recognise how capable a G Wagon is, but knows there are dozens of much more capable off roaders at a much lower price point, that you can truly accessorize and modify to tackle real trails/tracks. Even "core" G Owners are only taking them to light trails and the odd snow trip.
Here we go again about owners loving a G wagon for the "right reasons"! I wont judge anyone because they never went off road a couple times. Or missed an article someone wrote, so it must be so. There are no wrong reasons to a persons decision in ownership. It's called choice! I could care less about what others have and I am glad that trivial stuff doesn't get to me.

Last edited by Jagdpanzer; 01-10-2022 at 11:18 PM.
places (01-11-2022)
Old 01-10-2022 | 11:50 PM

G-CLASS
Damn really? Already lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Facelift W463A G