MY23 C63 S Final Edition
Facelift W463A G

https://carbuzz.com/news/mercedes-am...a-major-update
The following users liked this post:
chassis (01-01-2022)
Old 01-01-2022 | 04:27 PM

Mercedes G63
Expected

The G class interior was designed based on the previous S class. This has been expected, it will have the big screen similar to the new S class.
It will be in high demand, long wait list . The current bubble for the 19- 21 models will pop.
Old 01-01-2022 | 04:34 PM

2022 G63 AMG
I dont think its getting a full interior redesign as the electric one already using the same interior but maybe a new touchpad and MBUX
OJ-G63 (01-02-2022)
Old 01-01-2022 | 07:53 PM

Mercedes G63
Agree

Originally Posted by A_M_K
I dont think its getting a full interior redesign as the electric one already using the same interior but maybe a new touchpad and MBUX
I think that this is enough to make the 19- 21 generation "old"
Old 01-01-2022 | 09:33 PM

G550
An infotainment upgrade is pretty minor and wouldn't really make a difference in values for the 2019-2021. People don't buy G-Wagons for the latest tech. They want an iconic design. Values will come down if there ends up being way more supply than demand - which I think most people would agree is not in the new G's immediate future. Even the old G's have seen a huge jump in values as of late. Anyways, I doubt that MB will refresh the whole dash after only 3 years of production. So probably just making the screen "touch" but keeping the design. They kept the old dash version (before 2018) for decades. I for one, wouldn't want to have the new design S-Class dash/screen in my G. It doesn't suit it. In fact, if that happens, it may make the 2019-2021 more sought after by at least some. A complete dash redesign may suit the new EQG (since that will be all electronic) but not the current ICE version. Just my opinion. Hopefully MB doesn't modernize the interior to be like every other luxury car - it needs to be different and old school - the current version has just the right balance of old/iconic but enough tech to make it very livable everyday.
The following 5 users liked this post by SixPointThree:
cryptopreneur (01-02-2022), dcarrer0 (01-08-2022), G-Dreaming (01-09-2022), Jagdpanzer (01-02-2022), places (01-02-2022)
Old 01-02-2022 | 05:39 AM

G550
Originally Posted by medtner
The G class interior was designed based on the previous S class. This has been expected, it will have the big screen similar to the new S class.
It will be in high demand, long wait list . The current bubble for the 19- 21 models will pop.

The G is always high demand with a waitlist. I dont see how the bubble will pop anytime soon considering there are no new G's in the USA probably for the next 9 months and then once they bring them back, it will take another year to stabilize supply/demand of any version that they release.

Also, unlikely they will slap the new S class display in there. They would have to move the 3 differential locks. The location and appearance of those locks is iconic in that truck.
Now an electric version would not need those differential locks so maybe that's when they ditch the old layout?

Just add touchscreen (without losing the real buttons) and wireless carplay and most G buyers would be happy
Jagdpanzer (01-02-2022)
Old 01-02-2022 | 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No more MB:(
Stupid. You have no idea how MB works. Mercedes face lifts do not consist of re designing the interiors or even exteriors. Lights, trim, perhaps a new steering wheel and engine and that's about it.

As for values popping, your'e clueless. As long as demand isn't satisfied, prices will remain solid.
Jagdpanzer (01-02-2022)
Old 01-02-2022 | 02:25 PM

2011 G550
Originally Posted by places
Stupid. You have no idea how MB works. Mercedes face lifts do not consist of re designing the interiors or even exteriors. Lights, trim, perhaps a new steering wheel and engine and that's about it.

As for values popping, your'e clueless. As long as demand isn't satisfied, prices will remain solid.
With all due respect, I’m surprised you can afford one of these trucks while also having the personality type to name call on a forum because someone holds a different opinion.

2013 was a facelift year and they did redesign the interior… always shocking when someone rudely corrects someone when they’re not correct themselves.
The following 2 users liked this post by PeriodCorrect:
haa (01-02-2022), LapTimes (01-02-2022)
Old 01-02-2022 | 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PeriodCorrect
With all due respect, I’m surprised you can afford one of these trucks while also having the personality type to name call on a forum because someone holds a different opinion.

2013 was a facelift year and they did redesign the interior… always shocking when someone rudely corrects someone when they’re not correct themselves.
What? So a personality type is required for ownership now? LOL. Shallow thought process. It's not a different opinion, its fact vs fiction.

Mercedes does not redesign interiors three years into a cycle. Look for MBUX, some trim revisions, new color packages, lights, and steering wheel. This has been the template for several decades.

2013 updated an interior that was about 6 years old. Let's revisit in 2025. Cheers.
cryptopreneur (01-02-2022)
Old 01-07-2022 | 08:05 PM

Mercedes G63
Dealer confirmed the face lift and the new S - class like interior.
Same dealer has already decreased the prices of his G inventory 10 to 15 k from the pre- holidays prices, based on arrival time.
The bubble started to burst.
haa (01-08-2022)
Old 01-07-2022 | 09:18 PM

G550
Dealer confirmed the face lift and the new S - class like interior.
Same dealer has already decreased the prices of his G inventory 10 to 15 k from the pre- holidays prices, based on arrival time.
The bubble started to burst.
Respectfully, I'm not sure I agree. Firstly, if it's true, I think a lot people don't want the new S-Class style interior in their G Wagon. Secondly, what arrival time are you referring to ? Are US dealers now able to place orders with MB for 2023 G's ? I have not heard. I would assume that might be sometime in the spring (for summer/fall delivery). Has your dealer confirmed an allocation for the car that you are hoping to get ? Hopefully when you get yours, the dealer is cool and sells it to you for MSRP. It will be worth the wait (whether the interior is updated or not) !
Jagdpanzer (01-08-2022)
Old 01-07-2022 | 09:27 PM

2018 GLC63s, 2021 G63OB, 2021 G63MB, 2022 G63MB
the new S class interior together with the new AMG dual spoke steering wheel are a big let down...hang on tight to what you have :-)
Old 01-07-2022 | 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SixPointThree
Respectfully, I'm not sure I agree. Firstly, if it's true, I think a lot people don't want the new S-Class style interior in their G Wagon. Secondly, what arrival time are you referring to ? Are US dealers now able to place orders with MB for 2023 G's ? I have not heard. I would assume that might be sometime in the spring (for summer/fall delivery). Has your dealer confirmed an allocation for the car that you are hoping to get ? Hopefully when you get yours, the dealer is cool and sells it to you for MSRP. It will be worth the wait (whether the interior is updated or not) !
He has no idea what he's talking about. If you read his posts, it's as if a 12 year old wrote them. He spewed garbage about the 19-21's looking old and basically obsolete when the 23's come out. MB is not going to redo the interior. They will update the mbux interface but a redesign after three years would be the first time that I could recall that ever being done. There is no benefit to MB to absorb the costs of implementing and designing a brand new interior in such a short cycle. Absurd statement.
Jagdpanzer (01-08-2022)
Old 01-07-2022 | 09:39 PM

Mercedes G63
Sure I have no clue!

He has no idea what he's talking about. If you read his posts, it's as if a 12 year old wrote them. He spewed garbage about the 19-21's looking old and basically obsolete when the 23's come out. MB is not going to redo the interior. They will update the mbux interface but a redesign after three years would be the first time that I could recall that ever being done. There is no benefit to MB to absorb the costs of implementing and designing a brand new interior in such a short cycle. Absurd statement.
just had 3 and on my way to 4th.

PeriodCorrect (01-07-2022)
Old 01-07-2022 | 11:07 PM

G550
It's one of the downsides of the these vehicles picking up a lot of value. Some sell them and take the profit and hope to buy again later at a lower price. Then they get on a list for a new one and realize that they might not get one or may have to pay a huge premium when they finally pick up a 2023. So they are talking about "tanking" and "bubble burst". It serves their interests/hopes in being able to get back into the new G (that we all love) at a price that is lower than what they sold for. For those that are posting themes of "burst" and "bubble", please remember your audience on this forum. Most are proud current owners.
places (01-08-2022)
Old 01-08-2022 | 02:15 AM

G63
Those who are saying the MBUX or S Class interface is not better/more desirable are simply delusional because they can't stand the thought of their current one depreciating in value or being seen as "old"

It is literally the missing piece of the package. The current system is so old, laggy and outdated, it doesn't belong in a KIA let alone a top of the line Merc

As soon as the update is released and available to order, the values and desirability of the current dinosaur will drop like a stone.

Once again, the overwhelming majority of people who buy Gwagons are buying it as a statement of wealth and class - the type of demographic that only want the latest and greatest

That is not to suggest the current one isn't going to be any good any more - and I do believe there are those who prefer the dinosaur COMAND system, but its a tiny minority
Old 01-08-2022 | 02:35 AM

2022 G63 AMG
dealer is playing you mate , how on earth are they changing full interior in just 3 years + the EQG's interior is the same as current one ... might as well change both instead if what ur dealer saying is true haha
places (01-08-2022)
Old 01-08-2022 | 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

just had 3 and on my way to 4th.
You obviously still know nothing about how Mercedes works. You can own 10 of these and you're still wrong. Mercedes will not re-design the interior only three years into a life cycle. Hate to say it but you're delusional. Maybe a sleaker screen and interface but a S class interior? LOL.

Maybe you're just trying to discourage price increases so you can buy for less.
Old 01-08-2022 | 08:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by g63bob
Those who are saying the MBUX or S Class interface is not better/more desirable are simply delusional because they can't stand the thought of their current one depreciating in value or being seen as "old"

It is literally the missing piece of the package. The current system is so old, laggy and outdated, it doesn't belong in a KIA let alone a top of the line Merc

As soon as the update is released and available to order, the values and desirability of the current dinosaur will drop like a stone.

Once again, the overwhelming majority of people who buy Gwagons are buying it as a statement of wealth and class - the type of demographic that only want the latest and greatest

That is not to suggest the current one isn't going to be any good any more - and I do believe there are those who prefer the dinosaur COMAND system, but its a tiny minority
A low point for sure. We have what is arguably the best and certainly the most unique SUV in the world loaded with history, legacy and capability and we are now reduced to what type of screen or software makes the truck worth more? Why don't you take it off roading and enjoy it for what it and not concern yourself with what software is on the screen, or do you prefer to park in front of a cafe and look at it all day? Now a 2021 is considered a dinosaur...LOL.
Old 01-08-2022 | 08:26 AM

G550

old COMMAND so bad that Aston Martin is still using it in the $300,000+ V12 Vantage coming out next year.

and if prices tanked whenever the G redesign comes out, explain 2015 Gs still selling for $100,000?
places (01-08-2022)
Old 01-08-2022 | 09:08 AM

G63
A low point for sure. We have what is arguably the best and certainly the most unique SUV in the world loaded with history, legacy and capability and we are now reduced to what type of screen or software makes the truck worth more? Why don't you take it off roading and enjoy it for what it and not concern yourself with what software is on the screen, or do you prefer to park in front of a cafe and look at it all day? Now a 2021 is considered a dinosaur...LOL.
I agree the current G63 is magnificent which is why I have one, but it would be made a lot better with MBUX and/or S Class interior. Like it or not, in this day and age, tech and usability is equally if not more important than capability and performance for the average punter. If you love it as it is, good for you - enjoy it in good health. But if you're speculating....you're delusional to not expect a noticeable drop in prices. Even the previous original W463 value tanked when the "updated" W463 came on market

FWIW I do take mine offroading down in Australia frequently and love it. As with all cars I own however, I don't care about prices and fully expect to lose at least 25% of value from MSRP from the moment I pick it up to when I sell it. Anything on top of that is a bonus on top of experiencing what is at the end of the day, an expensive toy.

With that said, I will definitely trade it in for the updated one when its available to order
Old 01-08-2022 | 09:19 AM

G63
Originally Posted by Deezwho
old COMMAND so bad that Aston Martin is still using it in the $300,000+ V12 Vantage coming out next year.

and if prices tanked whenever the G redesign comes out, explain 2015 Gs still selling for $100,000?
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Aston have some kind of agreement with Merc to license their COMAND system for x amount of years. No manufacturer in their right mind would choose to go down that route otherwise. Aston are also not exactly the most financially secure car company, given its recent history of almost going bankrupt on several occasions. Just because they charge $300k for a product doesn't mean you're getting the latest and greatest.

Even in this crazy market, I don't think 2015 G's selling for $100k is a good thing. Compared to their MSRP at the time, that is a pretty steep loss.

Compare the very last W463 to the previous W463 version and you will see how pronounced an "update" can affect values. And that was a much less pronounced change compared to what we are likely to see with the updated W463A
Old 01-08-2022 | 12:04 PM

G550
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Aston have some kind of agreement with Merc to license their COMAND system for x amount of years. No manufacturer in their right mind would choose to go down that route otherwise. Aston are also not exactly the most financially secure car company, given its recent history of almost going bankrupt on several occasions. Just because they charge $300k for a product doesn't mean you're getting the latest and greatest.

Even in this crazy market, I don't think 2015 G's selling for $100k is a good thing. Compared to their MSRP at the time, that is a pretty steep loss.

Compare the very last W463 to the previous W463 version and you will see how pronounced an "update" can affect values. And that was a much less pronounced change compared to what we are likely to see with the updated W463A
2015's selling for $100k is not bad - it's actually pretty good. That is a 7 year old car that had an MSRP of about $115k for the G550 or $140k for the G63. That is approx $6k depreciation per year for the G63 and likely less for the G550.

To compare the 2018 vs 2019 "refresh" to the 2021 vs 2023 "refresh" is probably not the best way to view this. The 2019 was a completely redesigned car (full exterior, interior, suspension etc). It was a game changer by taking 1970's DNA/architecture and modernizing it after 30+ years. This is why there is such a dramatic difference in values between the old and the new. The 2023 "refresh" is pretty minor I think. Slightly redesigned bumpers, probably MBUX etc but the car will be a slight refresh not a redesign. It's only a 3 year old design !
The following 2 users liked this post by SixPointThree:
Ftedd (01-08-2022), places (01-08-2022)
Old 01-08-2022 | 04:43 PM

Current: 2020 G63, 2013 G550, Bentley Continental GT Speed
The g-wagen technology is based on the e-class not s-class. The facelift will update to MBUX and it will be like what the current e-class has now.
Old 01-08-2022 | 06:51 PM

2018 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder, 2021 G63
All I can see from this thread is that it has been hijacked by a certain poster who seems to provide no value BUT that "19-21 PRICES ARE GONNA TANK!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!!"

Not sure why you're trying to get your message across so hard... you seem kinda desperate.

Two things:

1) Most people that paid over MSRP don't really care if prices fall.

2) I can make up posts like "My dealer CONFIRMED that the 2023 G63 will be a full hybrid". You're saying your dealer confirmed a MAJOR change to the '23 G63 and yet most dealers don't even know what's going to happen in 2022.

We get it, you want 19-21 prices to tank.
The following 3 users liked this post by cryptopreneur:
Deezwho (01-08-2022), Jagdpanzer (01-09-2022), SixPointThree (01-09-2022)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Facelift W463A G