G Class (W465/W463A) W463 Produced 2019-2024: G550, G63 AMG W465 Produced 2025-

Someone punched my car 2021 g63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2022 | 11:44 PM

AMG GTR
Someone punched my car 2021 g63

Well, was sitting at a red light and this maniac comes and hit the back of my car. Left a nice dent in it. Was wondering if you guys think it can be popped out or will this be a headache

on driver side rear quarter panel

mind you there’s no paint damage, the stuff on the car is dried salt from the road due to the snowy weather.
Old 01-03-2022 | 11:54 PM

Mercedes G63
What makes it a bit harder it is on a crease, but I think it may work for you. Better than a filler and repaint for sure. It's amazing some fool would do that. Were they mad about something or it just happened? I have never been in jail, but I would have emptied my pepper spray on that b**** so fast. I hope you caught them and called police. People never seem to amaze me!
The following users liked this post:
amg_ghost (01-04-2022)
Old 01-03-2022 | 11:58 PM

G63
paintless dent removal should get that back to normal pretty easily
amg_ghost (01-04-2022)
Old 01-04-2022 | 12:00 AM

AMG GTR
Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer
What makes it a bit harder it is on a crease, but I think it may work for you. Better than a filler and repaint for sure. It's amazing some fool would do that. Were they mad about something or it just happened? I have never been in jail, but I would have emptied my pepper spray on that b**** so fast. I hope you caught them and called police. People never seem to amaze me!
he came up to me and asked me for a lift, I told him I was running late to a meeting and said no sorry. He hit my car and hit the car behind me. Initially I didn’t think he had caused any damage. I called the cops with his description right after the incident occurred. I only noticed it tonight unfortunately. I just hope this won’t cost an arm and a leg to fix
Old 01-04-2022 | 12:08 AM

Mercedes G63
Originally Posted by amg_ghost
he came up to me and asked me for a lift, I told him I was running late to a meeting and said no sorry. He hit my car and hit the car behind me. Initially I didn’t think he had caused any damage. I called the cops with his description right after the incident occurred. I only noticed it tonight unfortunately. I just hope this won’t cost an arm and a leg to fix
Its not super expensive on a paintless dent removal like that. I would imagine no more than $150.00 but probably less. I have had it done on several vehicles and with dents that bad or worse. I actually was thinking back and I had a similar dent on a 3/4 ton pickup. I had that dent in the upper B pillar roof and it was close on a body crease as well. They got it out and you would never know. I am sure your Mercedes dealer has someone good to use. I am thinking that new panels are aluminum but I know they can still work those as well. Wish you the best and hope they catch the perp. If you go on YouTube you can see how it's done and it is quite amazing really.
Old 01-04-2022 | 12:10 AM

AMG GTR
Its not super expensive on a paintless dent removal like that. I would imagine no more than $150.00 but probably less. I have had it done on several vehicles and with dents that bad or worse. I actually was thinking back and I had a similar dent on a 3/4 ton pickup. I had that dent in the upper B pillar roof and it was close on a body crease as well. They got it out and you would never know. I am sure your Mercedes dealer has someone good to use. I am thinking that new panels are aluminum but I know they can still work those as well. Wish you the best and hope that catch the perp. If you go on YouTube you can see how it's done and it is quite amazing really.
yeah I was going to ask if the quarter panel was aluminum. I thought the fenders doors and hood were but I thought the body was still made of steel. To my knowledge steel is easier to fix than aluminum
Old 01-04-2022 | 12:12 AM

Mercedes G63
yeah I was going to ask if the quarter panel was aluminum. I thought the fenders doors and hood were but I thought the body was still made of steel. To my knowledge steel is easier to fix than aluminum
I am not sure on the body to be honest, if you have any kind of magnet u would know for sure. The body shop guys told me steel is easier and aluminum can be massaged out but it takes longer and a different technique. That the more you work the aluminum it becomes stiffer faster by the tech. But it can be done!

Last edited by Jagdpanzer; 01-04-2022 at 12:17 AM.
amg_ghost (01-04-2022)
Old 01-04-2022 | 12:37 AM

AMG GTR
I am not sure on the body to be honest, if you have any kind of magnet u would know for sure. The body shop guys told me steel is easier and aluminum can be massaged out but it takes longer and a different technique. That the more you work the aluminum it becomes stiffer faster by the tech. But it can be done!
i would try but the damn car is parked in the lot and we have a curfew here 🥲going to bring it to an authorized Mercedes’ Benz Body Shop in the morning
Old 01-04-2022 | 12:38 AM

Mercedes G63
i would try but the damn car is parked in the lot and we have a curfew here 🥲going to bring it to an authorized Mercedes’ Benz Body Shop in the morning
Either way friend, they will get you handled. Mercedes will have a good paintless guy or gal. And that looks like it will be easy to access from the inside back.
Old 01-04-2022 | 04:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Same thing happened to me several years ago when this idiot slammed nto me while I was stopped at a light, and creased my BMW's bumper. The guy had no license, no ID, no insurance, no address, no habla ingles - wasn't even his car. He was issued a summons, and can you believe it??? -- he never showed up and no arrest warrant could be issued.

Hope you got the driver's info so you can at least get him ticketed.

Public highways are scary and dangerous. If the other driver isn't preoccupied with his/her iphone, it's only because he/she is busy lighting a joint.
Jagdpanzer (01-04-2022)
Old 01-04-2022 | 06:58 AM

2022 Shark Blue GT3, 2024 Shelter Green Raptor R
Have you ever been so mad, you just punch a G-Wagen?!
Old 01-04-2022 | 08:47 AM

G63, G65
PDR "might" be able to get that out, but it's not in a good spot. Right on a crease/bend is the toughest part because the metal doesn't want to relax when they work on it. Plus, they are probably going to have to take your interior apart a bit to get at that panel. Getting to the panel will probably be almost as time consuming as doing the actual pop-out of the dent. Hopefully they can get it done for you though!
Old 01-04-2022 | 01:31 PM

AMG GTR
Originally Posted by The Butcher
PDR "might" be able to get that out, but it's not in a good spot. Right on a crease/bend is the toughest part because the metal doesn't want to relax when they work on it. Plus, they are probably going to have to take your interior apart a bit to get at that panel. Getting to the panel will probably be almost as time consuming as doing the actual pop-out of the dent. Hopefully they can get it done for you though!
yeah I got quotes for 300-400 for it and they might have to go from the inside, the guy told me it would disappear at 95%. Thé body shop I went to was the best in the city and told me it wasn’t worth repainting the panel and it would be possible to get the dent out. But I’m wondering what 95% will look like I hope it won’t be too noticeable. Isn’t that part of the vehicle steel? I connected a magnet to it and it stuck, so isn’t steel a bit easier to work with than aluminum? I may be wrong it could be aluminum
The Butcher (01-05-2022)
Old 01-04-2022 | 02:03 PM

2018 Porsche 911 GT3 2021 Mercedes G 63
yeah I got quotes for 300-400 for it and they might have to go from the inside, the guy told me it would disappear at 95%. Thé body shop I went to was the best in the city and told me it wasn’t worth repainting the panel and it would be possible to get the dent out. But I’m wondering what 95% will look like I hope it won’t be too noticeable. Isn’t that part of the vehicle steel? I connected a magnet to it and it stuck, so isn’t steel a bit easier to work with than aluminum? I may be wrong it could be aluminum
95% , you probably won’t be able to see if unless you’re looking for it. Sorry that happened to you! Make sure you tell them how particular you are and ask them to do the best they can. Don’t pay unless you’re satisfied. Some painless dent people are better than others, ask around to find the best person. I’ve used them on 3 different vehicles. Try searching for Dent Wizard or painless dent removal in your area. The body shop will probably sub out the work and charge more than finding someone on your own. I’ve always stayed and watched them.
The following 2 users liked this post by Craig B:
amg_ghost (01-05-2022), Jagdpanzer (01-04-2022)
Old 01-04-2022 | 02:27 PM

Mercedes G63
Everyone has some valid suggestions here. Aluminum is harder to work out than steel. It will harden the more you work it. Steel will be easier and since you have found that area is ferromagnetic, it is most often a steel alloy of some sort.

Don't let a 3rd party pick your dent PDR guy. Find out who the high end brands are using. I would start with your Mercedes dealer and ask them or RR or whoever. They are going to be using the best more than likely. If you are worried ask if they have some photos of their work and get 2 or or 3 opinions. I had one like that once on a Lexus and on an edge and it was like a 95 percent repair. U would have to know where to look to find it, but it did always bug me a bit because I new the spot.

Start with PDR and if you are not happy have it fixed by a good body shop. I would take the 95 percent more than likely than a repaint and trying to blend etc. As well as possibly having to disclose bodywork and repaint if you ever go to sell it. I have had many fixed over the years. I would say probably 8 and most were door dings, the one on the Lexus someone fisted it, the one on my pickup crease upper B pillar I think happened in shipping. It was on a crease and twice as big as yours and they fixed it where I couldn't notice it.

Last edited by Jagdpanzer; 01-04-2022 at 02:34 PM.
amg_ghost (01-05-2022)
Old 01-04-2022 | 02:30 PM

2018 Porsche 911 GT3 2021 Mercedes G 63
Everyone has some valid suggestions here. Aluminum is harder to work out than steel. It will harden the more you work it. Steel will be easier and since you have found that area is ferromagnetic, it is most often a steel alloy of some sort.

Don't let a 3rd party pick your dent PDR guy. Find out who the high end brands are using. I would start with your Mercedes dealer and ask them or RR or whoever. They are going to be using the best more than likely. If you are worried ask if they have some photos of their work and get 2 or or 3 opinions. I had one like that once on a Lexus and on an edge and it was like a 95 percent repair. U would have to know where to look to find it, but it did always bug me a bit because I new the spot. Start with PDR and if you are not happy have it fixed by a good body shop. I would take the 95 percent more than likely than a repaint and trying to blend etc. As well as possibly having to disclose bodywork and repaint if you ever go to sell it.
I agree, find out who the best PDR person is and use them.
The following 2 users liked this post by Craig B:
Old 01-04-2022 | 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 S550 - SOLD, 2014 GL550 - SOLD, 2014 GL63 AMG, 2015 S63 AMG Sedan, 2015 S63 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by JW001
paintless dent removal should get that back to normal pretty easily
+1
This happened to me as well - in a parking lot - and PDR took the dent out. $125. I took it to the MB dealership.
amg_ghost (01-05-2022)
Old 01-04-2022 | 10:18 PM

2018 GLC63s, 2021 G63OB, 2021 G63MB, 2022 G63MB
PDR will do it..
not the same but something similar...
Old 01-04-2022 | 10:38 PM

Mercedes G63
Originally Posted by RedPill
PDR will do it..
not the same but something similar...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0k_rQDK9x0
That worked slick, but how would that work with a body panel with a back rounded corner to navigate around and the tool having straight jaws! There are power fender pliers with a bit different shapes and longer but nothing I have seen to work around a big corner to get to his dent, unless a person could make it work from the fender well. Still a great video

Last edited by Jagdpanzer; 01-05-2022 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-04-2022 | 11:47 PM

2018 GLC63s, 2021 G63OB, 2021 G63MB, 2022 G63MB
it's actually a lot easier to work off a flat panel like that..more reference points and they use similar tools..
The following 2 users liked this post by RedPill:
Old 01-05-2022 | 12:04 AM

Mercedes G63
Originally Posted by RedPill
it's actually a lot easier to work off a flat panel like that..more reference points and they use similar tools..
I guess a person could come in from the wheel well if the jaws were long enough and there isn't to many angles to deal with. I am not trying to be a know it all just trying to learn. (:

Last edited by Jagdpanzer; 01-05-2022 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-05-2022 | 12:55 PM

AMG GTR
Thanks guys for all your advice I’ll bring it in tomorrow and should get it Friday! Will post follow up pics crossing my fingers
Jagdpanzer (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022 | 01:18 PM

Mercedes G63
Thanks guys for all your advice I’ll bring it in tomorrow and should get it Friday! Will post follow up pics crossing my fingers

You got it and cant wait to see the after photos. There are some real artists that know how to get some of the worst dents out.
Old 01-08-2022 | 11:57 PM

'12 C63BS
Oh man, sorry to see/hear of this. I probably would've taken the guy out. lol Hopefully he broke his hand. Reminds me of a guy in my building that punched a hallway wall thinking it was just sheet rock - he didn't realize behind the thin sheet rock was a concrete pillar. Needless to say his hand was busted. Doh!! Hope your rig can be fixed with little effort/cost.
Old 01-09-2022 | 01:37 PM

AMG GTR
They got it fixed for the most part, they couldn’t do it through the inside because the trunk door was blocking the access to the panel.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Someone punched my car 2021 g63