G Class (W465/W463A) W463 Produced 2019-2024: G550, G63 AMG W465 Produced 2025-

Any concerns about a new 2021 G 550?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2022 | 09:10 PM

Metris
Originally Posted by Jelly_Sandwich
FWIW, I just bought my G from a MB dealer out of state. They don't have to charge you the sales tax in the state you purchased it. They got me a temporary registration and tag from that state, then when I registered the car permanently in my home state, that's when I paid the sales tax.
When I lived in MO I bought two cars over in KS. Was a painless process. But I was less than an hour's drive away from the two KS dealers. And frankly as a prospective customer back then with the market a bit depressed I had some "leverage". Things are different now and I just didn't want to run the risk of an out of state purchase. Had I not been able to make a deal at the dealer in KS then I would have had to go to a dealer a state or two further away.

I think I said this before, but while I like to shop globally I like to buy locally. When possible. In the case of the 2 cars I bought in KS the two dealers were the nearest dealers to me -- which carried the brands of cars I wanted -- and were almost "local".

Buying the BMW locally I got rid of the Dodge without having to drive it several hundred miles or more to a distant dealer. The BMW dealer is right next to the Mercedes dealer. And both are conveniently located to me.
Old 08-18-2023 | 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
Having moved from UT from CA 2 years ago i have to say that the buying experience has been much simpler/cleaner than in CA (have bought 2 and sold 1 since moving). I bought a '23 G63 from Farmington MB about 6 months ago and while Draper and SLC were both charging $50K over, I paid $15K over - still not ideal, but could live with it as it was the exact spec i wanted. Also CA (still home) wants is money and do whatever to get it - (mostly sarcasm), point being i would think in AZ, NV, or CO (bought an AMG site unseen was soo easy) you could find the car you want and not have to pay the extra that CA is charging to facilitate the deal. Also if you need a shipper I used a great shipper, not a broker and they moved 4 cars seamlessly - the other cars in the truck at the time were an AC Cobra (real one) and a 911 Singer so they know how to handle higher end cars.

Honestly i'd suggest continuing to scrub everyones inventory or find a good broker who has done this before and make easy and clean.

Just sharing my $0.02