G Class (W465/W463A) W463 Produced 2019-2024: G550, G63 AMG W465 Produced 2025-

carbon fiber interior components

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2023 | 08:52 PM

cayenne
carbon fiber interior components

H everyone….I have a 2023 G63 on order with the AMG carbon fiber trim package. Can anyone recommend an interior carbon fiber part company? I’d like to replace some of the remaining factory silver color components and was curious which company matches the appearance of the mercedes factory carbon fiber components and whether it’s easy to remove the silver components and install the carbon fiber ones (I’ve seen carbon fiber options online but unsure if they match the mercedes factory carbon fiber)?

I also ordered the mercedes AMG performance steering wheel in microfiber/carbon fiber and was curious if anyone’s installed black components to replace the silver components of the wheel (I’ve seen a replacement package online)? if so whether you liked it and whether it was a big deal to swap out?

Lastly, I also ordered the mercedes 22” amg wheels in matte black with the stainless steel flange. Has anyone painted the flange in matte black to match the rest of the wheel and how did that turn out?

Thank you very much everyone….Edmond

Old 04-30-2023 | 03:08 AM

04 E55, 06 E55, 05 G55, 14 E63s, 12 cls63
Originally Posted by Leid
H everyone….I have a 2023 G63 on order with the AMG carbon fiber trim package. Can anyone recommend an interior carbon fiber part company? I’d like to replace some of the remaining factory silver color components and was curious which company matches the appearance of the mercedes factory carbon fiber components and whether it’s easy to remove the silver components and install the carbon fiber ones (I’ve seen carbon fiber options online but unsure if they match the mercedes factory carbon fiber)?

I also ordered the mercedes AMG performance steering wheel in microfiber/carbon fiber and was curious if anyone’s installed black components to replace the silver components of the wheel (I’ve seen a replacement package online)? if so whether you liked it and whether it was a big deal to swap out?

Lastly, I also ordered the mercedes 22” amg wheels in matte black with the stainless steel flange. Has anyone painted the flange in matte black to match the rest of the wheel and how did that turn out?

Thank you very much everyone….Edmond
for the steering wheel you can install black components however it depends on what options you have. There are different sets of buttons. Not all come in black
Old 04-30-2023 | 09:36 AM

G63, G65
Here you go:
https://shop.db-carbon-interieur.de/...nz%2FG%2FW4633
Old 04-30-2023 | 01:11 PM

cayenne
Thank you so much for the quick reply and link. Do you know whether their carbon fiber products match the appearance of the existing mercedes carbon fiber components and whether replacing some of the existing silver components is no big deal if done by a custom shop or is it potentially asking for interior scratches due to the removal/install?

Hope you have a great day
Old 05-01-2023 | 09:13 AM

G63, G65
Originally Posted by Leid
Thank you so much for the quick reply and link. Do you know whether their carbon fiber products match the appearance of the existing mercedes carbon fiber components and whether replacing some of the existing silver components is no big deal if done by a custom shop or is it potentially asking for interior scratches due to the removal/install?

Hope you have a great day
I should know in the next week or so if the carbon is a pretty close match. I'll have one of their Porsche pieces here and can compare it to the carbon interior on my wife's G63. A good interior or high end stereo shop should be able to do most of the installation for you if you are concerned with scratching it yourself.
Old 05-01-2023 | 10:27 AM

cayenne
That’s very much appreciated….thank you.