G Class (W465/W463A) W463 Produced 2019-2024: G550, G63 AMG W465 Produced 2025-

Need help with my first G63 build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2023 | 03:59 AM

GTR Pro
Need help with my first G63 build

I got a late February build slot for my very first G63. Very excited. I had a 2024 exclusive color (malachite green) BMW X5M on order that was due in a few weeks but canceled after driving a G wagon
Anyway, here is my build

I was on the fence between Sintered Bronze Magno, Monza Grey Magno, and Dark Olive Green Magno. After seeing Bronze and Monza in person I decided on Olive. This decision was based not only on the awesome exterior color but also on the interior choices and how they would play with the exterior. Saddle brown is too orange and Espresso is way too dark. Tartufo is sexy and I think will go perfectly with Olive but not so much with Brzone or Monza. Thoughts? Also, I picked Silver brake calipers over red because they seem to go better with the olive. Finally, I went black-flamed open pore ash wood... any thoughts on this before it locks?

Does anyone do a matte black powder cost on the exhaust tips and the edge of the running boards? Seems like thats the only chrome and it looks weird.

Old 11-02-2023 | 10:57 AM

2020 G550 2023 G63
build looks quite good. Hopefully you live some place that doesnt get alot of snow. Matte can be difficult to keep up. needs hand washing. i got the same build but did emerald green metallic which looks fantastic.
you will love the car. my only complaints are the window freezes in the winter (despite the specs noting heated windshield) which it doesnt have and the propensity of cracking windshields because there is no angle
and takes all the hits directly. Enjoy!!
Old 11-02-2023 | 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 G63
Congrats on the build!

I believe the running boards with night package will be black for 2024.

Silver calipers make sense with the green exterior. I kept mine red since they are hidden behind the monoblocks, and I like the little bit of color peeking out. For the 21’s I’d do silver since it’s very visible.

I had the ash wood on my 2021 and liked it a lot. I like that it is matte. I had piano black on 2022 (not my spec and won’t do it again) and carbon fiber on 2023. Carbon fiber looks great but not worth the price to me. I’m going back to ash wood with my next one.

I highly recommend the diamond quilted stitching option.
Old 11-02-2023 | 12:03 PM

GTR Pro
Originally Posted by cardiacdoc
build looks quite good. Hopefully you live some place that doesnt get alot of snow. Matte can be difficult to keep up. needs hand washing. i got the same build but did emerald green metallic which looks fantastic.
you will love the car. my only complaints are the window freezes in the winter (despite the specs noting heated windshield) which it doesnt have and the propensity of cracking windshields because there is no angle
and takes all the hits directly. Enjoy!!
Thank you! I live in central California but do go to the snow at times. Fingers crossed!
Old 11-02-2023 | 12:08 PM

GTR Pro
Another option I was thinking was Monza Grey Magno with Macchiato Beige/Black interior. Has anyone seen this combo and what did you think?
Old 11-02-2023 | 12:12 PM

GTR Pro
Originally Posted by Hodog16
Congrats on the build!

I believe the running boards with night package will be black for 2024.

Silver calipers make sense with the green exterior. I kept mine red since they are hidden behind the monoblocks, and I like the little bit of color peeking out. For the 21’s I’d do silver since it’s very visible.

I had the ash wood on my 2021 and liked it a lot. I like that it is matte. I had piano black on 2022 (not my spec and won’t do it again) and carbon fiber on 2023. Carbon fiber looks great but not worth the price to me. I’m going back to ash wood with my next one.

I highly recommend the diamond quilted stitching option.
Thank you for the feedback! Yes Silver calipers for sure. Not a fan of carbon in a car like this. My GTR Pro and McLaren 600 LT have lots of carbon and it's well suited for that type of car.

I like diamond stitching but for a more elegant car like an Aston Martin or S class. This to me is a utility car and doesn't lend itself to the diamonds. I like the look of the stripes and hope I'm not missing out on too much with the upgraded leather packages.
Old 11-02-2023 | 12:50 PM

G63
Originally Posted by HydroLogic
Another option I was thinking was Monza Grey Magno with Macchiato Beige/Black interior. Has anyone seen this combo and what did you think?
I have no idea why, but I really like this combo as something very unique to my own surprise... and that's coming from someone with tartufo interior now and tartufo interior incoming..
Old 11-02-2023 | 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 G63
I think the extended leather is just on the doors and side tunnel of the center console (which does look great with two tone). Not sure if dash has leather either way.

Sounds good. If I had those other cars I’d probably do the same!
Old 11-02-2023 | 05:36 PM

GTR Pro
Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I have no idea why, but I really like this combo as something very unique to my own surprise... and that's coming from someone with tartufo interior now and tartufo interior incoming..
what exterior color do you have now and coming in?

I realized I have dogs to macchiato won't work!
Old 11-02-2023 | 09:07 PM

G63
Originally Posted by HydroLogic
what exterior color do you have now and coming in?

I realized I have dogs to macchiato won't work!
I have emerald green now, and olive green coming in, but realized maybe would have been nice to go with something a little bolder or pop than tartufo, especially since you can't get the two tone option to add more color into the interior with tartufo so it's essentially just the seats and door panels...

Nothing really shy or discreet about the Gwagon IMO, but all g! Better than black for me
Old 11-03-2023 | 12:03 AM

GTR Pro
Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I have emerald green now, and olive green coming in, but realized maybe would have been nice to go with something a little bolder or pop than tartufo, especially since you can't get the two tone option to add more color into the interior with tartufo so it's essentially just the seats and door panels...

Nothing really shy or discreet about the Gwagon IMO, but all g! Better than black for me
both amazing colors. I'm leaning towards magno..... also thought about wrapping olive or jade metallic with a matte wrap.... so many choices!!!