G Class (W465/W463A) W463 Produced 2019-2024: G550, G63 AMG W465 Produced 2025-

Lifting 2021 G63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2024 | 05:23 PM

G63 2021
Lifting 2021 G63

Hello.. I currently have the LeTech lifting springs for my G63. The front was making a bit of rattling noises so I took the car into a different shop to be checked out.

They are saying due to the springs lifting the car the suspension is overextended and are suggesting putting it back to stock until a full suspension can be made for W436A models. Currently I am just seeing springs for lifting 2019+.

Has anyone successfully lifted a 2019+ model without any issues? I find it hard to believe that everyone is just selling lifting springs(including Brabus) if that in turn will create issues with the suspension as a whole? Any advise greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by jonathoncole; 08-19-2024 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Typeo
Old 08-31-2024 | 09:17 PM

2005 LeTech Portal G500, 2009 SL63, 2014 LeTech Portal G63, 2016 S65 Coupe
Originally Posted by jonathoncole
Hello.. I currently have the LeTech lifting springs for my G63. The front was making a bit of rattling noises so I took the car into a different shop to be checked out.

They are saying due to the springs lifting the car the suspension is overextended and are suggesting putting it back to stock until a full suspension can be made for W436A models. Currently I am just seeing springs for lifting 2019+.

Has anyone successfully lifted a 2019+ model without any issues? I find it hard to believe that everyone is just selling lifting springs(including Brabus) if that in turn will create issues with the suspension as a whole? Any advise greatly appreciated. Thank you!

The LeTech spring kit is most definitely NOT causing the rattles. Most likely the cause is A the shop you had install them left something loose, or B the shop you took it to to investigate the rattle is not capable or to lazy to look for the problem.

I have sold DOZENS of these kits, if you bought your kit from one of the on line G parts places here in the US there is a pretty good chance I probably sold it to them.

The only issues we have had with them other than mechanic induced issues like hooking up the ride height sensors wrong, is that with the lift they do tend to increase some torque steer if you drive it really hard. Thats it, only complaint with them.

LeTech engineers worked very closely with direct data from MB to design the kit to get the maximum lift before it would adversely effect the suspicion operation and longevity.

Last edited by Las Vegas G; 08-31-2024 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-01-2024 | 08:37 AM

G63, G65
Originally Posted by jonathoncole

Originally Posted by Las Vegas G
The LeTech spring kit is most definitely NOT causing the rattles. Most likely the cause is A the shop you had install them left something loose, or B the shop you took it to to investigate the rattle is not capable or to lazy to look for the problem.

I have sold DOZENS of these kits, if you bought your kit from one of the on line G parts places here in the US there is a pretty good chance I probably sold it to them.

The only issues we have had with them other than mechanic induced issues like hooking up the ride height sensors wrong, is that with the lift they do tend to increase some torque steer if you drive it really hard. Thats it, only complaint with them.

LeTech engineers worked very closely with direct data from MB to design the kit to get the maximum lift before it would adversely effect the suspicion operation and longevity.
Check the strut mount at the top on the side where you are getting the rattle. We had a clunk/rattle that MB said was caused by the LeTech lift when it was taken in to diagnose the clunk. As @Las Vegas G said, the shop that is investigating is liikely too lazy or ill equipped to diagnose the issue. Once we pulled off the strut it was found that the top mount was broken and was causing the clunk. I find that when you take a MB to a dealer for service/work they prettty much can't do anything if they can't diagnose and fix it on their computer.